Magento 2 import is a complex process that you can’t dive into without proper briefing. In this blog post, we have gathered all useful links and guides that will help you master import and export procedures.
Bookmark this article as it will be updating often.
Table of contents
- 1 General import instructions
- 1.1 The Complete Guide to Magento 2 product import/export
- 1.2 Magento 2 Google Sheet Import
- 1.3 How to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2
- 1.4 How to migrate orders from Magento 1 to Magento 2
- 1.5 How to import and export Magento 2 B2B companies, shared catalogs, quotes and requisition lists
- 1.6 How to import and export Magento 2 MSI and how it works. Magento 2 multi source inventory (MSI) import guide and manual
- 2 Magento 2 product import
- 2.1 The Complete Guide to Magento 2 Configurable Products, and how to import them
- 2.2 The Complete Guide to Magento 2 Grouped Products, and how to import them
- 2.3 The Complete Guide to Magento 2 Bundle Products, and how to import them
- 2.4 The Complete Guide to Magento 2 Downloadable Products, and how to import them
- 2.5 The Complete Guide to Magento 2 Virtual Products, and how to import them
- 2.6 How to update product price during Magento 2 import. And how to update price of the products in the catalog in bulk
- 3 Additional Magento 2 import entities
- 3.1 How to Export and Import Magento 2 Categories
- 3.2 How to import Magento 2 product and custom attributes
- 3.3 How to import Magento 2 product images and swatches
- 3.4 How To Import Customers & Customer Addresses To Magento 2
- 3.5 How to import Magento 2 Advanced Pricing
- 3.6 How to Import CMS Pages to Magento 2
- 3.7 How to Import and export CMS/Static Blocks to Magento 2
- 3.8 How to import Magento 2 Cart Price Rules
- 3.9 How to import and export Magento 2 Catalog Price Rules
- 3.10 How to Add and Import Magento 2 Fixed Product Tax
- 3.11 How to Add, Export and Import Magento 2 Taxes
- 3.12 How to Import and Export Magento 2 Related Products, Up-Sells, and Cross-Sells
- 3.13 How To Import Orders to Magento 2
- 3.14 How to import and export Magento 2 search terms and synonyms
- 3.15 How to import and export position of the product in the category. Magento 2 visual merchandise
- 3.16 Magento 2 Page Hierarchy Exploration: Features, Configuration, Import & Export
- 3.17 How to Import and Export URL Rewrites in Magento 2
- 3.18 How to Import & Export Product Reviews in Magento 2
- 3.19 How to Import & Export Magento 2 Commerce Gift Cards
- 4 Useful Magento 2 import articles
- 4.1 How to solve Specified URL key already exists error during Magento 2 import
- 4.2 Magento 2 product import – category mapping
- 4.3 How to Import JSON Files to Magento 2
- 4.4 How to Import Excel (XLS & XLSX) Files to Magento 2
- 4.5 Magento 2 import XSLT transformation – how to import any XML to Magento 2
- 4.6 How to Import Data via REST API into Magento 2
- 4.7 How to Import Compressed Data (ZIP, TAR, TGZ) to Magento 2
- 4.8 How to Import & Export OpenOffice Spreadsheet (ODS) Files in Magento 2
- 4.9 How to Import and Export Attributes, Values, and Attribute Sets in Magento 2
- 4.10 How to Modify Attribute Values During Import and Export in Magento 2
- 4.11 How to Map (Match) Attribute Values During Import in Magento 2
- 4.12 How to Apply Filters to Magento 2 Import and Export
- 4.13 How to Import Shipping Tracking Number to Magento 2
- 4.14 How to Import & Export Search Terms in Magento 2
- 4.15 How to Import and Export Newsletter Subscribers in Magento 2
- 4.16 How to Import & Export Wishlist Items in Magento 2
- 4.17 How to Translate Product Data into Another Language During Magento 2 Import
- 4.18 How to Run Magento 2 Import or Export After Specific System Event or Process
- 4.19 How to Import Data via GraphQL API into Magento 2
- 4.20 How to Import Products and Customers into Magento 2 Multi-Vendor Marketplace
- 4.21 How to Import & Export Data from Office 365 Excel Online to Magento 2
- 4.22 How to Import & Export Data from Zoho Sheet into Magento 2
- 4.23 How to Import and Export Magento 2 Shared Catalogs
- 4.24 How to Import and Export B2B Negotiation Quotes & Companies in Magento 2
- 4.25 How to Import And Export Magento 2 Page Builder Data
- 4.26 How to Import and Export Magento 2 Requisition Lists
- 4.27 How to Import and Export Customer Shopping Carts in Magento 2
- 4.28 How to Import & Export Magento 2 Visual Merchandiser Data
- 4.29 How to Import and Export Magento 2 Commerce Content Staging Data
- 4.30 How to Import & Export Magento 2 Commerce Store Credits
- 4.31 How to Run Magento 2 Import if Required Columns Are Missed
- 4.32 How to Import & Export Data Between Magento 2 & Box Cloud Storage
- 4.33 How to Import & Export Data Between Magento 2 & Google Drive
- 4.34 How to Import & Export Data Between Magento 2 & OneDrive
- 4.35 How to Import & Export Data Between Magento 2 & iCloud
- 4.36 How to Import & Export Data Between Magento 2 & Amazon Drive
- 4.37 How To Import And Export Magento 2 Widgets
- 4.38 Magento 2 Page Hierarchy Exploration: Features, Configuration, Import & Export
- 4.39 Enterprise Resource Planning: Magento 2 ERP Integration
- 4.40 Best Accounting Software Integration With Magento 2
- 4.41 Top CRM Systems & Magento 2 Integration
- 4.42 How To Synchronize Magento 2 With Any Online Marketplace To Import/Export Product Data
- 4.43 Magento 2 Punchout Catalog & Supplier Procurement
General import instructions
This is the first and the foremost article you may want to get acquainted with if you plan to introduce yourself to Magento 2 import and export processes.
In this guide, you will find import and export process basics, such as: what file types can be imported, how to format import table, what attributes Magento 2 uses to import products, what attribute values are available, and much more.
This post describes how can a store owner import products to Magento 2 directly from the Google Sheets.
Here, you can also find necessary information on how to compose the import table and links to the Google Sheet sample import tables.
Moreover, this post is an introduction to the Master Table – the Google Sheet where we have gathered all possible import entities and transcribed every possible attribute.
From this blog post you will learn how to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2 with ease using Improved Import and Export extension for Magento 2.
You will also learn which entities can be imported and how. You will understand the whole migration process and basic knowledge of Magento 2.
In the additional section to the M1-M2 migration blog post you will find necessary instructions on how to migrate orders from Magento 1 to Magento2.
For this task you will require
This is a manual to Improved Import and Export Magento 2 B2B add-on which is sold separately.
In this blog post you will find necessary instructions on how to import different Magento 2 B2B entities including companies, quotes and negotiable quotes, shared catalogs and requisition lists.
In this post you can also find links to Google Sheet B2B Master Table, where all sample import files with the description of EVERY attribute can be found.
How to import and export Magento 2 MSI and how it works. Magento 2 multi source inventory (MSI) import guide and manual
In this post you will learn how to import and export Magento 2 multi-source inventory sources and quantity per source. To enable MSI you will need to install Magento 2 extension available for 2.3 version.
Stock Sources is the first entity – you can think of it as a warehouse with the location, representative and other attributes. Such warehouses can be synchronized using Improved Import with your management software.
Source QTY is the second MSI entity – it allows you to import product quantity per warehouse.
Magento 2 product import
In this guide, we will talk about Magento 2 configurable products. What is configurable product type, how to create and manage it? And of course how this product type can be imported.
Additionally, we will provide you with the instructions on how to improve configurable product functionality and how to add configurable product matrix to allow adding items to the cart in bulk.
As the title suggests, in this blog post you can find everything about Magento grouped product type. What is grouped product type, how to create and manage it, and what steps are required to import such products?
This blog post will introduce you to Magento 2 bundle products. It will teach you basics of bundle product and demonstrate how to compose the import table.
In this post, you will learn what product attributes are used to assign simple products to bundles, and what attributes are bundle product specific.
In this blog post we are talking about downloadable products, how to create, export and import them to Magento 2.
You will learn peculiarities of the downloadable products, what is the main downloadable product attribute during the import procedure and how to compose a value for it. Then you will get your hands on the sample Google Sheet you can start your import with.
In this blog post you will find instructions on how to create, use and import Magento 2 virtual products. Information on virtual product use and import peculiarities, what you need to know before importing virtual products etc.
The blog post feature sample files containing virtual products, instructions on how to work with Improved Import and Export extension and everything you should know to successfully import virtual products.
How to update product price during Magento 2 import. And how to update price of the products in the catalog in bulk
In this blog post we explain how can one update product prices. Not by just submitting a new value, rather adding or subtracting flat or percent values to the prices of the products in the catalog, and imported products.
Additional Magento 2 import entities
Categories are one of the main parts of Magento 2 product catalog. This post will provide you with the instructions on how to get the sample import table and which values you are expected to submit in the table. How to export categories from your Magento 2 and how to import new categories and category paths to the store.
Attributes is what matters when you want to import products, migrate from another platform or adjust every possible product data.
That’s why understanding how to import attributes, their values, how to create them is important. In this article we cover how to import attributes to Magento 2, how to create new attributes and attribute sets via the import processes and which tools you will need.
Product images and swatches both are the engines of product visual representation. Knowing to use them in the right way is the key to mastering the art of creating unforgettable catalogs and product pages.
In this post, we talk about how to create and manage swatches, import them to Magento 2 store. We discuss the specifics of product image transfers and explore insights on import routine improvement.
Customers are an integral part of your Magento 2 store. If you are using a CRM system, or want to import customers from another store, you will find all the answers in this article.
Here you will learn what types of customers import exist in Magento 2, what customer attributes can be imported and how to compose the import table.
Advanced pricing allows you to discount product price if a customer purchases a particular quantity of the product. This entity can also be imported and exported from your Magento 2 store.
Whether you want to import advanced pricing separately or in the same table with products, this article will provide you with the sample import tables, teach you how to compose a custom table, and what values are expected for every advanced pricing attribute.
If you are interested in importing additional pages to your Magento 2 store or migrating from Magento 1, a CMS pages import can become a handy tool.
In this blog article, you will learn what tools will be required to import CMS pages to your Magento 2 store, how the import process goes and what you are, as the store administrator, expected to do.
CMS blocks that complement CMS pages can be also imported to Magento 2. Similar to CMS pages, static blocks come with certain peculiarities that need to be explained.
In this blog article, you will learn what tools will be required to import static blocks to your Magento 2 store, how the import process goes and what you are, as the store administrator, expected to do.
Discounts and coupon codes can also be imported to your Magento 2 store. To do this, you need to have Improved Import and Export extension installed.
This blog article helps you get understanding of the Improved Import and Export extension functionality, and how cart price rules can be imported.
Discounts based on a product position in the catalog are easily imported to your Magento 2 store with the help of Improved Import and Export extension.
The blog article helps you to get a grasp of catalog price specifics and how to transfer the entity safely with the help of the Improved Import and Export functionality.
Here you will find all the information about Magento 2 fixed product tax. What is the tax, how to add it, manage it, and how can one import fixed product tax to Magento 2?
The article also explains how to compose an import table and what values are expected for every fixed product tax attribute.
Taxes is another entity that you can import into your Magento 2 store. The tax import process can be complicated because of the country and state codes you may need to use where applicable.
This article provides you with comprehensive instructions and import table examples. To complement the instructions, you are also given a link to the Master Table where you can find all the country and state codes.
Related products, however you use them, help to increase average total and give your customers a hint that you care for them.
This article will explain how you can assign different types of related products to your wares and how you can import related, up-sells, and cross-sells for the products in your catalog.
There is an opportunity to automate Magento 2 orders import in the most user-friendly manner. This article describes an extension that not only enables the necessary features but also helps to automate data updates and solve issues caused by different order attribute standards.
From this guide you will learn where in Magento 2 you can find search terms and search synonyms. How to use and configure them. And how to import and export search terms and synonyms using Improved Import and Export extension for Magento 2.
This guide also features all attributes and their description for synonyms and terms, along with the links to the sample files.
From this article you will learn how to import and export Magento 2 product position inside of the category. Native Magento 2 import tool doesn’t allow it. However, with Improved Import & Export extension you gain full control over these entities.
This guide features a new custom attribute categories_position, which will help you set up the product listing perfectly.
From this article you will learn how Magento 2 page hierarchy works, how you can set it up, and how to import and export all page hierarchy data using Improved Import & Export extension of Magento 2.
This guide features a table explaining every page hierarchy attributes, sample files, and instructions on how to use Improved Import for Magento 2.
The article describes one significant point of every migration between e-commerce stores. It explores how to import and export URL rewrites to from Magento 2. You will discover a tool that enables the missing functionality useful for migrations within the same platform of to/from external systems. Besides, the article will let you find out other features that completely revamps the import and export processes you’ve already got used to.
If you are looking for the tool that can enable the ability to import/export product reviews to/from Magento 2, check this article. It describes not only the missing opportunity but also features that make the transfer as seamless as possible.
Magento 2 Commerce provides the ability to use gift cards without third-party extensions, but you cannot import/export them. In this article, we shed light on how the new default feature works from the perspective of both admins and users (buyers and recipients) as well as provide the fastest way of importing/exporting gift cards with all the related data.
Useful Magento 2 import articles
In this article, you will learn how to get rid of ‘Specified URL key already exists’ during the import process. It tells about the main reasons for the error and how you can avoid it using Improved Import and Export extension.
In this article, you will learn how to map product categories during the import process. This is particularly useful if you are importing products from another store, or from the file the supplier provided you.
Category mapping is the process of routing old category path to the new one. The process is pretty simple; however, if you are new to the import procedure, it may take some time.
As always, if you are looking for latest Magento 2 news and updates – subscribe to FireBear blog updates. Every week we publish several articles on the most recent events in the world of Magento.
This article describes the ability to import JSON files to Magento 2. This functionality is not available by default, but you can easily enable it with the help of the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension. Install the module and seamlessly move all data in the JSON format to your e-commerce website. Check the post for further details.
JSON format is an open-standard file format with several advantages over other formats. Firstly, it is entirely based on human-readable text to transmit data. Consequently, you can easily understand what’s written in a JSON file. To represent data objects, the format uses attribute-value pairs and array data types. Other serializable values can be used as an alternative solution.
This short tutorial covers such important topic as Magento 2 data import with the help of native Excel files. The situation is similar to the described above: you cannot import either XLS or XLSX files to Magento 2 by default. It is necessary to use a third-party extension to enable the desired functionality. Check the article for the most reliable and fully-featured solution.
The Microsoft Excel native file formats include both XLS and XLSX. Excel used an XLS format as a standard file format until 2007 version. Then, the use of new XML-based formats became prevalent but XLS is still utilized. As for the XLSX format, it replaces XLS in Excel 2007. Being a ZIP compressed archive with a directory structure of XML text documents, it provides broader opportunities that the predecessor.
This blog post tells about how to import any XML file to your Magento 2 store using XSLT transformation available withing Improved Import and Export extension. And how to export any entity from your Magento 2 into the custom-formatted XML file.
The transformation is done right before the XML file imported/exported from Magento 2. In the job, the store administrator pastes the XSLT template that dictates how the XML file should be interpreted.
Check this article if you are looking for an opportunity to import data into Magento 2 via REST API. The blog post describes how to enable the missing functionality with the help of the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension. Besides, you will discover other features provided by the module that essentially simplify the Magento 2 REST API import.
There is also a section that briefly described REST API and illustrates its core principles used by the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 plugin.
The title of this article is quite self-explanatory. It provides a brief description of a standard import procedure f0r compressed data and then compares it to the improved solution that offers multiple benefits. For instance, you don’t need to extract data files to run the update. Furthermore, the proposed solution allows automating data updates.
The default Magento 2 version doesn’t let you import data via ODS files. But we know how to fix that. The article sheds light on the most user-friendly solution that not only enables the desired functionality but also provides the ability to automate data transfers entirely despite the file format. Besides, you will find a list of benefits over OpenOffice competitors.
This article sheds light on how to leverage the functionality of the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension to import attributes to Magento and get the corresponding output back. It compares manual attribute editing with the algorithm provided by the module and sheds light on the benefits of the extension.
In this blog post, you will find out the easiest way to modify attribute values on the fly during the import and export process. It is no longer necessary to spend hours of time on manual editing. Instead, you can leverage the approach described in the article.
If you don’t know how to match attribute values during Magento 2 import, check this article immediately. It not only describes the desired procedure but also sheds light on various aspects of attribute mapping and attribute values editing.
This blog post describes how to enable filters for both import and export processes as well as combine them with mapping and schedules. By reading the article, you will find out how to enhance the default functionality of Magento 2 and extend its limitations.
Check this article to find out how to import tracking number and other shipping data to Magento 2. The blog post describes multiple other features designed to simplify import and export processes and make every integration seamless with the help of flexible update schedules and powerful mapping features.
It is not difficult to import and export search terms to and from Magento 2. You only need the appropriate extension to be installed and enabled. The article describes such a tool and sheds light on its other features that make the module better than any competitors’ solution of this kind.
In this article, we describe how to import newsletter subscribers into Magento 2. You can either update the existing records in your database or add absolutely new ones. At the same time, the blog post sheds light on the corresponding export opportunities. Besides, you will find out how to use multiple file formats or avoid using data files at all to import/export newsletter subscribers to/from Magento 2. There is also a recommendation regarding how to automate data transfers and solve problems caused by different attribute standards.
All nuances of the Magento 2 Wishlist Items Import & Export are described here. By default, Magento 2 doesn’t let you do that, but you can always enable the missing functionality and make it a way more user-friendly than standard import and export processes introduced in Magento 2. For instance, this article describes how to import and export wishlist items in multiple file formats automatically.'