Creating related products manually is a very time-consuming procedure. Luckily, there are lots of third-party tools aimed at improving the default functionality of Magento. For instance, aheadWorks offers the Automatic Related Products extension and two less complicated modules: Who Viewed This Also Viewed and Who Bought This Also Bought. Today, we are going to tell you about another reliable tool – the Magento 2 Automatic Related Products extension by Amasty.'
If you want to sell more to your customers, the Magento 2 automatic related products extension provides one of the easiest ways to achieve your goal. It shows usually viewed items or items purchased together with the product a customer has already chosen. All blocks with related, cross-selling, and up-selling goods are based on real customer behavior and a smart algorithm. The key extension’s features are:
- Blocks with related, up-selling, and cross-selling products that are displayed automatically;
- Products can be displayed based on the number of views or purchases;
- Out of stock products may be excluded;
- Only relevant items are shown due to the intelligent algorithm;
- Flexible conditions let you fine-tune products display according to your needs;
- Blocks can be placed on category, product, and cart pages;
- Adjustable position of the related products block;
- Number of products per block is customizable;
- Product bundle packs with special discount offers;
- The time period for collecting statistical data can be set manually;
- Manually added items can be replaced with ones generated automatically;
- Mobile-friendly tool;
- Compatibility with GraphQL.
For managing products display, the Amasty Automatic Related Products extension allows you to rely on automatically defined related items that are shown on product pages. Also, it is always possible to fine-tune the display according to your needs. Having installed the Magento 2 automatic related products extension, you can display up-selling products according to the specified parameters and easily configurable settings, as well as show cross-selling products on a cart page.
Due to different product view types, you can provide your customers with a wide variety of products. The Magento 2 automatic related products extension lets you display cross-sells, up-sells, and related products in separate tabs. Besides, there is an opportunity to show cross-selling products on a shopping cart page, increasing the number of spontaneous purchases.
Moreover, you do not have to worry about the relevance of the displayed results. Amasty Automatic Related Products for Magento 2 and 1 carefully analyzes sales defining which products are frequently bought (or viewed) together. Based on the collected data, the Magento 2 automatic related products extension shows the most relevant results in each block. At the same time, you get the possibility to show related products without views or purchases history. Using this data source, you can display your products based on various conditions and their combinations, like the brand, price, or category.
As for the stats data gathering, you can not only specify a specific time period but also indicate the number of store visitors and customers. Next, the module will select the most relevant products providing shoppers with the items they exactly need. At the same time, out of stock items can be easily excluded from the display, making the content of all three blocks even more precise and customer-oriented.
It is also necessary to say a few words about views and purchases as a basis of the algorithm. The module is extremely flexible and allows you to choose whether to display related products either viewed with specific items or bought together with them. In case you use the ‘bought together’ option, the module lets you specify the order status, making displayed results even more relevant.
Furthermore, the Magento 2 upsell cross-sell module enables users to create bundle packs that include related products. By offering online shoppers to buy particular items as a bundle and providing discounts for such purchases, you can significantly increase your store profit. This way, you can also enhance promotions you run on your website and add incentives for putting more products in the cart. Product bundle packs can be customized in line with your marketing strategy and displayed in different positions on a page.
Also, if you’ve already added related products manually, Amasty Automatic Related Products for Magento 2 and 1 lets you replace everything automatically. There is no need to spend hours matching up-selling, cross-selling, and related items manually. However, if necessary, you can manually select particular goods you want to recommend to customers and add them to the related products block.
For up-selling and cross-selling products, the Magento 2 automatic related products extension provides the ability to display products from the same categories with chosen items. Alternatively, products from any category can be shown. Besides, the module automatically selects up-selling and cross-selling items depending on their brand. Moreover, to make the blocks display even better, it is possible to fine-tune price conditions, specifying price filters.
Before we proceed to the backend section which describes the mentioned features, take a look at the following reviews:
Table of contents
- 1 Backend
- 2 Frontend
- 3 Recent Updates
- 3.0.1 Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 2.7.0
- 3.0.2 Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 2.5.3
- 3.0.3 Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 2.4.0
- 3.0.4 Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 2.3.0
- 3.0.5 Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 2.2.1
- 3.0.6 Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 2.1.2
- 3.0.7 Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 2.0.7
- 3.0.8 Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 1.4.5
- 3.0.9 Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 1.3.0
- 4 Final Words
You can configure the module under Stores -> Settings -> Configuration -> Amasty Extensions -> Automatic Related Products. There are three different sections of settings: General, Bundle Packs, and Elastic Search.
In the first section, you specify a period in days for collecting statistical data and select an order status that will trigger the products selection for the “Bought together” condition.
The Bundle Packs section provides the ability to choose a position for a bundle pack promo. In case you want to show it in the product tab, you can create its custom title. Next, select on which CSM page you would like to display bundle packs and choose a position of the bundle pack link in the top menu. You can also specify a title for the link. Besides, you decide whether to show promo-related messages and random bundle packs in the shopping cart.
As for the Elastic Search settings of the Magento 2 related products module, they can be configured if you have the Amasty Elastic Search extension installed on your store.
As for the flexible rules that can be set for relating products, you will find them under Catalog -> Amasty Related Products -> Related Product Rules. The Related Product Rules grid shows an ID, name, status, applicable store views, rule type, position, and priority of each existing rule. From the Action column, you can edit or delete each rule. Besides, the grid lets you check the number of views, clicks, CTR, orders, and final revenue related to each rule.
When creating a new rule, you should set options in four sections: Rule Information, ‘Where to Display’ Conditions, Products to Display, and Display Settings. In the first tab, enable the rule, create its name, set priority, and select store views and customer groups for which it will be applied.
In ‘Where to Display’ Conditions, choose a block position on the shopping cart, category, or product page or set a custom position. Also, select the necessary attributes for conditions that will trigger the product relation rule. It is also possible to enable the setting that will hide out of stock items from the related products block. By clicking the “Preview Products” button, you can check the list of products selected based on the set conditions.
In the Products to Display tab, you create conditions to narrow down the selection of items that will be included in the block with related products, as well as the source type.
In Display Settings, you can customize the look of the related products block.
This is how the block with related products is displayed on a product page:
Up-selling items shown with the help of this Magento 2 automatic related products have the following appearance:
Example of cross-selling products on a cart page:
Here is an example of bundle packs added to the product tab:
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 2.7.0
- A new option was added: the ability to set the number of each item in a bundle pack.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 2.5.3
- Compatibility with GraphQL was implemented.
- Now it is possible to manage all existing cron tasks on the Cron Tasks List grid in the backend.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 2.4.0
- Now it is possible to display the bundle packs block in the shopping cart.
- Now it is possible to display the bundle pack promo listing page.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 2.3.0
- Now it is possible to display related products block in a separate product tab or above the product description.
- A new option was added: configuration of a time interval for bundle pack promo validity.
- Now it is possible to show the upsell hint messages promoting bundle packs in the shopping cart.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 2.2.1
- A new feature was implemented: the ability to create product bundle packs based on the specified rules.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 2.1.2
- A slider option for the related products block was added.
- New columns were added to the related product rules grid: Views, Clicks, CTR, Orders, and Revenue.
- Now it is possible to preview a generated list of related items based on the selected conditions.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 2.0.7
- Now it is possible to select items for related products based on their attributes.
- The extension code has been completely renovated.
- A new option was added: prioritization of rules.
- Now it is possible to select a position for the related products blocks display.
- New feature: the same attribute value can be a basis for the selection of related products.
- Now it is possible to set rules for assigning up-sell, cross-sell, and related products automatically.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 1.4.5
- A new data source was introduced – Product Currently Viewed. Now, related products can be displayed based on multiple conditions without sales or views history.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products 1.3.0
- A new data source was implemented – Product Attributes. Now, you can show related products based on the rules of product attributes.
As you can see, Amasty Automatic Related Products for Magento 2 and 1 has a very user-friendly and intuitive backend interface, so you can easily fine-tune the extension saving your time on manual creation of up-sells, cross-sells, and related products. At the same time, your customers will get very precise blocks with the most relevant items displayed based on the customers’ data. As for the price of Automatic Related Products, Amasty charges $299 for the M2 module and $129 for its predecessor.'