Below, we describe one of the most popular AheadWorks modules. The Automatic Related Products Magento extension is designed to create, customize, and manage related product blocks across both Magento 2 and Magento 1 websites. It offers flexible conditions for defining related products, tailoring the look of appropriate blocks, as well as choosing their position on each page and within the whole store. Furthermore, Magento 2 related products extension by aheadWorks is mobile-friendly, so it seamlessly supports screen-specific interactions. Let’s have a look at the extension’s features and then explore its backend and appearance on frontend pages.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products Extension: Features
- Extremely flexible conditions;
- Custom on-page and on-store position;
- Configurable layout;
- Full mobile support.
First of all, it is necessary to tell a few words about tools available with AheadWorks Automatic Related Products for Magento 2 and 1. With the help of rule conditions – conditions and their combinations – you can quickly decide what and where to display. As for block location features, they enable you to set up rules for both product and checkout pages. Besides, the Magento 2 related products extension provides you with the ability to assign a priority value for resolving problems caused by conflicting rules.
If talking about layout customization, the AheadWorks Automatic Related Products module offers an excellent opportunity to edit the way the block looks: you can change the structure of your block (choose between grid and slider, specify sorting principle, set number of rows and quantity of items), select a title that perfectly matches your e-commerce needs, and place the block anywhere on the product/cart page.
And AheadWorks Automatic Related Products for Magento 2 and 1 was designed with your admins in mind. The automatic related products Magento 2 extension contains several backend time-savers. For instance, each rule has vital performance stats, the grid offers lots of quick actions, and appropriate documentation and support are accessible right from the extension’s backend.
Now, when you know core features of AheadWorks Automatic Related Products, we can dive deep into the extension’s backend.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products Extension: Backend
You can find the Manage Rules screen Under Products -> Automatic Related Products by AheadWorks -> Manage Rules.
The appropriate screen of the Magento 2 related products extension is divided into two sections: Related Product rules and Shopping Cart rules, each one with a convenient dashboard that contains appropriate rules.
In the Related Product rules, you may define rules for promoting items that are on sale, suggesting up-sells, or increasing conversion in any other way. The dashboard is divided into 7 columns:
- Name (a name of a rule);
- Position (position of a block on a page);
- Priority (to avoid conflicts with other rules);
- Views (number of views on frontend);
- Clicks (number of clicks on frontend);
- CTR (Click-through rate);
- Quick Actions (you can rapidly enable, disable, or delete each rule).
- The automatic related products Magento 2 extension uses grey color for highlighting disabled rules.
As for Shopping Cart rules and the appropriate dashboard, they are based on the same principle and have the following appearance:
Now, let’s see how a rule looks from inside in case of the Magento 2 related products extension by aheadWorks. Each rule screen contains 4 tabs: Rule Information, Where to Display, What to Display, and How to Display.
On the Rule Information tab, you specify the following parameters of the rule:
- Status (Enabled or Disabled);
- Block Position (there are 7 positions for product page and 5 positions for cart page);
- Name (specify any name you want);
- Priority (to avoid conflicts between rules; 1 is higher than 10, so it is executed first);
- Store View (all store views or only chosen ones);
- Customer Groups (groups of customers you want your rule to be applied to).
On the Where to Display tab of the automatic related products Magento 2 extension, choose products your related items will be displayed for. Here, you can narrow the selection down to a specific range of products.
On the What to Display tab, you specify products that will be shown in the ‘related’ block. Note that you can substantially narrow down the selection to a specific range of products here.
The How to Display tab of the Magento 2 related products extension consists of 5 options:
- Block title (you should name the block here; it is recommended to choose something like Frequently bought together, Featured products, You might be also interested, etc.)
- Block layout (Slider or Grid);
- Display “Add To Cart” button (provide your customers with the ability to add a product to cart right from the block);
- Max products to display (don’t try to show too much, since your block will turn into a mess);
- Sort Products by (Bestsellers; Newest; Price: high to low; Price: low to high; Random).
Now, when you know how the admin part of AheadWorks Automatic Related Products works, we can figure out how its customer-oriented interface looks.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products Extension: Frontend
This is how an ordinary slider block layout looks if you use the automatic related products Magento 2 module by aheadWorks:
You can see the block’s name “You might also be interested in” above all items, which are sorted by price from high to low; the “Add to Cart” button is displayed under each product; it is possible to click on a product name to get further details on a product page.
Another block provided by the Magento 2 related products extension is available below. It is called “We found other products you might like!” and has a grid layout. The “Add to Cart” button is disabled from the backend.
And this is how a block with related products looks in cart:
In our example, it has a slider layout, the maximum number of displayed items is 5, the “Add to Cart” button is enabled.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products Extension: Recent Updates
Automatic Related Products 1.1
- New related product block position ‘Category page’. The functionality allows Magento admins to display related product on category pages in Category Page. Content Top and Category Page. Content Bottom positions.
- Override automatic related products with native related product suggestions. The functionality allows Magento admins to take advantage of native Magento related product suggestions for specific items if necessary.
- Full AJAX Support.
- Unit tests and improved Architecture.
- AJAX Cart Pro Compatibility. The new version of the extension is compatible with the AJAX Cart Pro extension for Magento 2 and allows displaying automatic related products in AJAX Cart Popup.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products Extension: Final Words
AheadWorks Automatic Related Products for Magento 2 and 1 is a reliable and highly customizable extension that significantly simplifies your interaction with related products.
Magento 1 module costs $149 with 90 days of free support included. You can extend support to 180 days (+$45) or 360 days (+$60). Priority Support costs $99. As for installation, you can get it for $55.
Magento 2 extension is not as cheap as its predecessor. The module costs $449, but it already includes free installation, 180 days of support, and personal account manager. Besides, AheadWorks offers 50% OFF for M1 clients.