Below, we describe one of the most popular Aheadworks modules. The Automatic Related Products Magento extension is designed to create, customize, and manage related product blocks across both Magento 2 and Magento 1 websites. It offers flexible conditions for defining related products, tailoring the look of appropriate blocks, as well as choosing their position on each page and within the whole store. Furthermore, Magento 2 related products extension by Aheadworks is mobile-friendly, so it seamlessly supports screen-specific interactions. Let’s have a look at the extension’s features and then explore its backend and appearance on frontend pages.'
Table of contents
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products Extension: Features
- Extremely flexible conditions;
- Custom on-page and on-store position;
- Configurable layout;
- Multiple blocks per page and single position;
- Performance statistics;
- Manage all rules from one page;
- Full mobile support;
- Extension support and documentation.
First of all, it is necessary to say a few words about tools available with Aheadworks Automatic Related Products for Magento 2 and 1. The extension enables store owners to assign related products to several items simultaneously. With the help of flexible rule conditions (conditions and their combinations), you can quickly decide what and where to display. Besides, multiple rules can be applied to the same related products blocks. As for block location features, they enable you to set up rules for both product and checkout pages. Moreover, the Magento 2 related products extension provides you with the ability to assign a priority value for resolving problems caused by conflicting rules.
If talking about layout customization, the Aheadworks Automatic Related Products module offers an excellent opportunity to edit the way the block looks: you can change the structure of your block (choose between grid and slider, specify sorting principle, set number of rows and quantity of items), select a title that perfectly matches your ecommerce needs, and place the block anywhere on the product, category, or cart page.
The Automatic Related Products module greatly helps with engaging your store visitors by offering them upsell and cross-sell products in addition to the products they got interested in. For example, you can use related products block to upsell more expensive products. In the same way, you can cross-sell your products by displaying the goods that are usually bought together in a related products block. As a result, you get a guaranteed increase of order value and size.
Aheadworks Automatic Related Products for Magento 2 and 1 was designed with the admins in mind. The automatic related products Magento 2 extension contains several backend time-savers. For instance, each rule has vital performance stats, the grid offers lots of quick actions, and appropriate documentation and support are accessible right from the extension’s backend.
Now, when you know core features of Aheadworks Automatic Related Products, we can dive deep into the extension’s backend.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products Extension: Backend
You can find the Manage Rules screen under Marketing -> Manage Rules.
The appropriate screen of the Magento 2 related products extension is divided into four sections: Related Product rules, Shopping Cart rules, Category rules, and Custom position rules, each one with a convenient dashboard that contains appropriate rules.
In the Related Product rules, you may define rules for promoting items that are on sale, suggesting upsells and cross-sells, or increasing conversion in any other way. The dashboard is divided into eight columns:
- Name (name of a rule);
- Position (position of a block on a page);
- Display Mode (Conditions, WBTAB – Who Bought This Also Bought, or WVTAV – Who Viewed This Also Viewed);
- Priority (to avoid conflicts with other rules);
- Views (number of views on frontend);
- Clicks (number of clicks on frontend);
- CTR (click-through rate);
- quick actions (you can quickly enable, disable, or delete each rule).
The automatic related products Magento 2 extension uses grey color for highlighting disabled rules.
As for the Shopping Cart rules, Category Rules, Custom Position rules, and their appropriate dashboards, they are based on the same principle and have the following appearance:
Now, let’s see how a rule looks from inside in case of the Magento 2 related products extension by Aheadworks. Each rule screen contains four tabs: Rule Information, Where to Display, What to Display, and How to Display.
In the Rule Information tab, you specify the following settings of the rule:
- Enable Rule (Yes or No);
- Block Position (there are seven positions for product page, five positions for cart page, two positions for category page, and a custom position);
- Name (specify any name you want);
- Priority (to avoid conflicts between rules; 1 is higher than 10, so it is executed first);
- Store View (all store views or only chosen ones);
- Customer Groups (groups of customers you want your rule to be applied to).
In the Where to Display tab of the Automatic Related Products Magento 2 extension, choose products your related items will be displayed for. Here, you can narrow the selection down to a specific range of products.
In the What to Display tab, you specify products that will be shown in the ‘related’ block. Note that you can substantially narrow down the selection to a specific range of products here.
The How to Display tab of the Magento 2 related products extension consists of six options:
- Block title (you should name the block here; it is recommended to choose something like Frequently bought together, Featured products, You might be also interested, etc.)
- Block layout (Slider or Grid);
- Display “Add To Cart” button (provide your customers with the ability to add a product to cart right from the block);
- Max products to display (do not try to show too much, since your block will turn into a mess);
- Sort Products by (Bestsellers; Newest; Price: high to low; Price: low to high; Random);
- Show “Out of stock” products (enable/disable).
Now, when you know how the admin part of Aheadworks Automatic Related Products works, we can figure out how its customer-oriented interface looks.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products Extension: Frontend
This is how an ordinary slider block layout looks if you use the automatic related products Magento 2 module by Aheadworks:
You can see the block’s name “You might also be interested in” above all items, which are sorted by price from high to low; the “Add to Cart” button is displayed under each product; it is possible to click on a product name to get further details on a product page.
Another block example provided by the Magento 2 related products extension is available below. It is called “We found other products you might like!” and has a grid layout. The “Add to Cart” button is disabled from the backend.
This is how a block with related products looks in a cart:
In our example, it has a slider layout; the maximum number of displayed items is 5; the “Add to Cart” button is enabled.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products Extension: Recent Updates
Automatic Related Products 1.4
- New rules added: “Who Bought This Also Bought (WBTAB)” and “Who Viewed This Also Viewed (WVTAV)”.
- The Manage Rules grid gets a new column: ‘Display Mode’.
- Module code refactoring.
- Integration with Magento 2 Full Page Cache.
Automatic Related Products 1.3
- Choose custom block position via widget. You can place product blocks anywhere on your store by using the widget.
- Use multiple blocks in single position. You can also add a few product blocks with different names, positions, and products to the same website page. Cross-sells and upsells can be displayed in one position using the predefined rule priority.
- Magento Enterprise segmentation support. The extension’s related products blocks can be further targeted using Enterprise segmentation rules.
Automatic Related Products 1.2
- ‘Out of stock’ Products option can be displayed.
Automatic Related Products 1.1
- New related product block position ‘Category page’. The functionality allows Magento admins to display related product on category pages in Category Page. Content Top and Category Page. Content Bottom positions.
- Override automatic related products with native related product suggestions. The functionality allows Magento admins to take advantage of native Magento related product suggestions for specific items if necessary.
- Full AJAX Support.
- Unit tests and improved Architecture.
- AJAX Cart Pro Compatibility. The new version of the extension is compatible with the AJAX Cart Pro extension for Magento 2 and allows displaying automatic related products in AJAX Cart Popup.
Magento 2 Automatic Related Products Extension: Final Words
Aheadworks Automatic Related Products for Magento 2 and 1 is a reliable and highly customizable extension that significantly simplifies your interaction with related products.
Magento 1 module costs $149 with 90 days of free support included. You can extend support to 180 days (+$45) or 360 days (+$60). Priority Support costs $99. As for installation, you can get it for $55.
Magento 2 extension is not as cheap as its predecessor. The module costs $449, but it already includes free installation, 90 days of support, and personal account manager. Besides, Aheadworks offers 50% OFF for M1 clients.'