We’ve already overviewed several SAP products (SAP ERP Central Component (SAP ECC), SAP Business One, SAP S/4HANA, SAP ASE, etc.) and today it’s time to say a few words about
Table of contents
- 1 SAP CRM Overview
- 2 Magento 2 SAP CRM Integration
- 3 SAP CRM API
- 4 Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
- 4.1 Automated Import & Export
- 4.2 Advanced Mapping Features
- 4.3 Extended Connectivity Options
- 5 Final Words
SAP CRM Overview
SAP CRM is designed for businesses from different areas, including sales, marketing, and customer services. The platform dramatically improves the way you interact with customers, turning them into repetitive buyers and brand advocates. To provide best-in-class CRM functionality, SAP enables the automation of the core customer-facing activities. It also offers numerous additional tools that enhance your daily routine related to analytics, personalization, SMM, collaboration, etc. Thus, the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration lets you drive omnichannel customer engagement with the minimum effort.
Let’s take a look at the core benefits of SAP CRM. They range from advanced customer engagement to merchant-friendly budget planning.
- Sales and revenue. Of course, one of the core goals of every e-commerce business is to increase sales and revenue. With the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration, you can flawlessly achieve these goals since the platform provides various integrated tools. You can leverage such mechanisms as sales force automation, forecasting, lead management, cross-selling, etc. By maximizing visibility into your sales pipeline with SAP CRM, you provide sales reps with access to the data they need to increase sales and revenue. Furthermore, valuable information is available anytime, anywhere!
- Customer Insights. The Magento 2 SAP CRM integration reveals the most in-depth customer insights within a few clicks. You can leverage real-time identifying new sales opportunities. However, it is not the only application sphere for this benefit. The platform also enables you to manage highly effective marketing campaigns and leverage the personalization of customer services.
- Target Marketing. Reach your customers with the message they wait at the right time. The Magento 2 SAP CRM integration lets you concentrate on SMM, email marketing, campaign management, and other related processes, automating repetitive tasks. Thus, you can better understand the needs of your clients, delivering highly targeted content on their channel of choice.
- Customer Experience. With the SAP CRM integration, you will get numerous new ways to improve the default customer services of Magento 2. Get a 360-degree view of your audience and provide contact center representatives and field specialists with this information. Furthermore, the platform enables automatic recommendations so that you dramatically increase chances to resolve issues faster (even during the first contact). All these and other improvements to the default customer experience significantly improve customer satisfaction and loyalty. Don’t miss your chance to provide a better experience across all channels!
- Collaboration. The Magento 2 SAP CRM integration lets you share information vertically and horizontally. Furthermore, you can provide external specialists with all the necessary data. Consequently, your clients don’t need to repeat themselves if a contact center specialist passes a ticket to someone else.
SAP CRM offers solutions designed to improve the following aspects of every business:
- Sales. With SAP CRM for sales, you will discover the most in-depth insights into the behavior of your customers. The provided data will help you improve every deal, making a drastic impact on your sales.
- Marketing. With SAP CRM for marketing, you will master the omnichannel approach to customer experience. The platform provides the ability to deliver contextual and totally individualized context across all possible channels. Thus, you can make every customer feel like your most important client.
- Commerce. With this solution, SAP lets you leverage tools designed to personalize a shopping experience for mobile, social, and e-commerce. Reach your clients on any device with the message they want to see.
- Service. Your service representatives will no longer have to spend time looking for additional information about customers. With the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration, they get the most in-depth customer visibility. Furthermore, the platform offers a bunch of real-time problem-solving tools. As a result, your employees can win the loyalty of your clients as well as cut related costs.
SAP Commerce Cloud
Now, let’s take a look at SAP Commerce Cloud – an SAP CRM product that features the following e-commerce options:
- Omnichannel commerce to engage your customers across all channels. You get a responsive storefront with powerful search capabilities, flexible promotions, and numerous integrations. Is it more potent than Magento 2? We don’t think so. Otherwise, it would be more popular than Magento.
- Context-driven services to enable real-time segmentation, personalization, and remarketing, improving the default shopping experience your store visitors expect. With the Magento 2 SAP CRM, you will be able to leverage real-time insights, personalization mechanisms, intelligent remarketing, and merchandising support.
- Content management to improve the way your products are represented on the storefront. It doesn’t seem that SAP can provide better services in the sphere of content management than Magento 2 with its Page Builder and planned integrations with Adobe services.
- Experience management to provide a highly personalized commerce experience with WYSIWYG Web site editing, seamless promotions, and context-driven services. It looks like outdated Magento.
These features are not enough to make merchants switch from Magento 2 to SAP Commerce cloud. However, they can always benefit from the SAP CRM features staying on their favorite e-commerce platform. How to achieve this goal? You need to run the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration. And it is possible with the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension.
SAP Service Cloud
What improves your interaction with customers is SAP Service Cloud. The platform lets you create a unified service experience, establishing a bridge between your frontend engagements and backend processes.
With the Magento 2 SAP Service Cloud integration, you will provide agents with the insights they need. Consequently, no fragmented experiences that delay issue resolution will darken the customer experience you offer. With a single view of the customer, your employees will better serve them leveraging service history and the ability to interact with all departments.
Furthermore, with the Magento 2 SAP Service Cloud integration, your agents will minimize downtime while diagnosing issues more precisely. This improvement leads to the dramatic optimization of end-to-end service execution, making your clients more loyal.
Besides, the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration provides the ability to develop a team of skilled experts with the Service Cloud offering, ensuring your service teams are appropriately trained. Solving customer issues from any channel is no longer a problem. You can even empower agents to use gamification techniques with the Service Cloud platform.
Another vital aspect of the Magento 2 Service Cloud integration is the ability to deliver the next generation of self-service. The platform lets you reduce costs spend on additional employees by providing fast and accurate answers automatically. You can streamline AI to automate conversations and take relevant actions. Furthermore, the platform makes information easily discoverable from anywhere, even outside your regular operating hours. And you can transfer all communications to agents at any stage without losing the context.
The most precise integration of these and other features with Magento 2 is possible with the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension.
You can get pricing details regarding SAP CRM upon request. Follow this link for further information:
Magento 2 SAP CRM Integration
Now, when you know about significant benefits, products, and industries of SAP CRM, we’d like to draw your attention to another important topic – the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration. Unfortunately, you cannot use the default tools to connect your e-commerce store to the CRM platform, but there is a solution that enables seamless integration. Meet the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension – a universal tool that allows numerous Magento 2 integrations with external systems and other Magento 2 websites.
The module is designed to help you connect your Magento 2 website to SAP CRM in a matter of minutes. And you can achieve this goal without a single line of code! It is only necessary to install the extension on your e-commerce website and let is automate data transfers between Magento 2 and SAP CRM. Improved Import & Export creates a bridge between the two platforms based on API connections.
The Improved Import & Export extension lets you leverage the following enhancements to run the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration seamlessly:
- Automated CRM data tracking and exchange;
- Synchronization for:
- Magento entities (all product types, orders, customers, and invoices);
- SAP CRM entities;
- Synchronization history;
- Attributes mapping to improve the accuracy of Magento 2 data in SAP CRM;
- Automate data transfers via schedules or triggers.
- Support for multiple stores;
- Support for various currencies.
Let’s explore several use cases to illustrate the functionality of the plugin from the perspective of the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration. Note that if SAP CRM does not support some of the following entities, you can still leverage the described processes for integration with other systems.
When you add a new product, update an existing one, or apply changes to the inventory, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension transfers all the corresponding data to SAP CRM updating the CRM platform.
When a new customer registers on your Magento 2 storefront, Improved Import & Export can send the corresponding data to SAP CRM. When a registered customer applies changes to his/her existing account, the module can transfer the data to the CRM platform.
Income tracking is another opportunity related to Improved Import & Export. Our extension can quickly transfer income data from your e-commerce website to SAP CRM and back if the CRM platform requires it.
Payment Methods Mapping
Another opportunity related to Magento 2 integration with external systems is related to payment methods mapping. To enable free data transfers between the platforms, you can map them within a few clicks. It doesn’t affect the synchronization with SAP CRM; however, you can leverage this feature in other integrations.
Tax Rates Mapping
The same is about tax rates: the Improved Import & Export module provides the ability to map tax rates used in Magento 2 to an external system, ensuring that tax calculations are correct.
Other Use Cases
The Magento 2 SAP CRM integration based on the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to:
- choose what entities to move between the platforms: products, orders, customers, invoices, etc;
- use schedules or events to enable automated data transfers;
- synchronize the two systems by mapping Magento 2 attributes to ones used in SAP CRM.
SAP CRM API
SAP incorporates Open APIs across various technologies, enabling integration to SAP CRM and other applications be it cloud or on-premise. Many digital assets have been created based on open standards, including REST, Odata, and Oauth. Thus, Magento 2 SAP integration is secure and seamless in terms of all applications and platforms.
It is also worth mentioning that some APIs require your access role to have specific privileges. Otherwise, you won’t build the connection. And of course, previous API experience is mandatory to connect your e-commerce store to the CRM platform. Luckily, there is a more intuitive and user-friendly solution!
With the Improved Import & Export extension, the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration is seamless, secure, and unlimited! Although the module uses the REST API to connect your e-commerce website to the external system, it can also leverage SOAP and other standards to create any connections if necessary. The plugin generates multiple API bridges, exchanging all entities between the two systems. Thus, it enables Magento 2 SAP CRM integration. You only have to install and configure it or ask our team to do that.
Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
We’ve already explored the CRM platform as well as some essential nuances of the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration. Therefore, let’s take a look at the Improved Import & Export features that simplify the data synchronization between the two systems. Since our extension completely revamps the default import and export functionality of the platform, you get an absolutely new way of data transfers. It helps you avoid many issues associated with the built-in tools.
The default instruments don’t let you do the following things:
- Establish API connections;
- Automate data transfers;
- Map attributes;
- Leverage import/export of all entities.
As a result, it is necessary to repeat numerous processes every time a data transfer between Magento 2 and SAP CRM is required. Usually, you have to recreate changes applied to your e-commerce store in a CRM system manually. Since the integration requires multiple updates per day, it turns into a complete waste of time. But the problem can be easily solved with the help of a more reliable solution.
The Improved Import & Export extension allows transferring all information from Magento 2 to SAP CRM and back. Note that all processes are automated: the plugin transfers data, matches different external attributes and their values from one system to another, leverages multiple API connections in the integration working with all entities. The Magento 2 SAP CRM integration becomes a breeze with our module.
Automated Import & Export
The SAP CRM Magento 2 integration is a continuous process that requires advanced automation. And Improved Import & Export provides the ability to avoid daily duties related to data transfers via schedules and event-based triggers, which entirely automate them.
Schedules represent the most intuitive and straightforward way of automation in different data transfers, including the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration. The flow of information between the two systems is based on cron. You specify a time interval and the extension imports/exports updates according to it. The module lets you create fully independent import and export jobs with several different options:
- custom intervals,
- customizable, predefined update schemes,
- profiles with no schedules (which are suitable for maintaining such tasks as migration to Magento 2),
- and asynchronous data transfers (launch every scheduled profile manually whenever you want).
Event-based triggers are another huge improvement provided by the Improved Import & Export extension. They introduce a more flexible approach to the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration exchanging data in real-time. Use the following algorithm to automate data transfers between the two systems:
- Create a trigger;
- Connect it to an event;
- Link an action to a trigger to launch it automatically.
Thus, transferring data to SAP CRM with the help of a trigger simplifies the integration. When something happens in Magento 2, the plugin transfers the corresponding data to the CRM platform.
For instance, a customer creates an account on your website; the extension rapidly provides the corresponding data to SAP CRM. The Magento 2 SAP CRM Integration Add-On for Improved Import & Export will help you forget about creating similar schemes manually! Follow the link below for more information regarding triggers: How to Run Magento 2 Import or Export After Specific System Event or Process.
Advanced Mapping Features
Map SAP CRM attributes to ones used in Magento 2 and vice versa to enable automated data transfers between the two systems. The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension radically simplifies the SAP CRM Magento 2 integration in terms of attributes and their values with the help of the following features:
Use our module to solve the problem of different attribute standards without headaches and enable the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration in the most intuitive way with mapping presets – predefined mapping schemes that eliminate manual attributes matching.
You no longer need to look for unsupported attributes and fix them. Our extension performs all the necessary improvements automatically. It analyzes the input data file transferred from SAP CRM, discovers third-party attributes, and matches them to the ones used in Magento. As for export processes, Magento 2 SAP CRM Integration Add-One for Improved Import & Export knows what attributes are required by the CRM system. It also modifies ones utilized in Magento according to the rules of the external platform. You only need to select a matching scheme suitable for your migration:
Importing/exporting data between SAP CRM and Magento 2 can also be based on manual attributes mapping right in the Magento admin! The Improved Import & Export module provides a unique matching interface which offers full control over the process: you specify external (internal) attributes and link them to the corresponding internal (external) ones in a particular grid enabling the data transfer. Here is how everything works:
Attribute Values Mapping
The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension offers a separate interface for attribute values mapping that provides the ability to simplify the Magento 2 SAP CRM synchronization and automate it entirely. With our plugin, third-party designations will no longer interrupt transfers from SAP CRM to Magento 2 since you can choose an external value and specify its replacement. Repeat the procedure until all third-party designations are mapped to ones utilized in Magento 2. Note that the created schemes are saved and applied for further updates. For more details, read this article: Attribute Values Mapping.
Attribute Values Editing
If attribute values mapping is not enough, you can rely on attribute values editing. Transferring data from SAP CRM or other systems to Magento 2 can be automated with the ability to modify attribute values in bulk. Use the following rules:
- Add a prefix to multiple attribute values;
- Add a suffix to numerous attribute values;
- Split various attribute values;
- Merge many attribute values.
Note that you can combine them and create conditions increasing the efficiency of the applied changes. You can find more information in this article: How to Modify Attribute Values During Import and Export in Magento 2.
You won’t use category mapping in the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration. However, it dramatically simplifies other connection. You can match external categories to ones used internally, reducing the number of difficulties that usually occur when products are transferred from other platforms to Magento 2. The Improved Import & Export module allows mapping external product categories to ones used in your catalog as follows:
To create new categories right in the import job, choose a parent category, and specify a new one that will be generated automatically. Thus, the extension will link products to it during the import process. If your Magento 2 website doesn’t include a category from an imported file, it’s no longer a problem. You can find more information about this feature here: Category Mapping.
Attributes On The Fly
And if a data file provided from an external system lacks attributes, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension lets you create them on the fly via the following general form:
The feature is described here in more detail: Product attributes import.
Extended Connectivity Options
The fundamental aspect of the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension that enables the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration, as well as multiple other connections, is support for additional connectivity options. Designed to improve all data transfers and make the seamless Magento 2 SAP CRM integration possible, they include numerous file formats and two alternative ways of transferring data between your e-commerce store and external systems. As for SAP CRM, the REST API standard is utilized as a first way of the integration.
Multiple File Standards
Although the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration cannot be based on data files, you can leverage them in other integrations. The Improved Import & Export extension supports CSV, XML, JSON, ODS, and Excel as well as unpacks file archives automatically while the default tools work with uncompressed CSV files only!
Multiple File Sources
The following file sources can be leveraged to import and export data files between Magento 2 and external systems:
- FTP/SFTP. Transfer data files using a local or remote server.
- Dropbox. Use a Dropbox account to establish a connection between the two systems. Alternatively, you can rely on Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, and Amazon Drive.
- URL. A direct URL can be used to import a data file as well.
Alternative Ways of Import & Export
Note that the alternative ways of import and export are not represented in Magento 2 by default. However, direct API connections are the only way to enable the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration.
As we’ve mentioned above, the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to leverage REST for the Magento 2 SAP CRM synchronization as well as other APIs if necessary. For instance, our module also works with SOAP (which is deprecated in the case of SAP CRM ) and GraphQL.
Note that all API connections support other extension’s features so that you can leverage mapping, schedules, and attributes on the fly while transferring data from Magento 2 to SAP CRM via REST API.
As for the intermediary services, you can rely on Google Sheets, Office 365 Excel, and Zoho Sheet transferring data to your e-commerce store. Although it is impossible to utilize them for the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration, other connections can be established with the help of various online sheets. The following image shows how to use Google Sheets to move data to Magento 2:
The video below displays other details of our extension:
SAP CRM is a robust platform that includes multiple components. Depending on your business needs, you can choose ones that suit your business needs or leverage all of them simultaneously. As for the Magento 2 SAP CRM integration, we recommend you to streamline Service cloud to push the interaction with your customers to an entirely new level. However, you can use the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension to connect your e-commerce website to any SAP product. For further information, follow the link below and contact our support:'