This article is dedicated to the Magento 2
Table of contents
- 1 Insightly Overview
- 2 Magento 2 Insightly Integration
- 3 Insightly API
- 4 Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
- 4.1 Automated Import & Export
- 4.2 Advanced Mapping Features
- 4.3 Extended Connectivity Options
- 5 Final Words
Insightly is a modern customer relationship platform developed to accelerate your business growth by building lasting relationships with your customers. Aimed at every step of a customer journey, it offers tools for covering e-commerce needs in the following areas:
- Marketing. With the Magento 2 Insightly integration, you will create engaging customer journeys and grow your pipeline.
- Sales. As for sales, the CRM system lets you unify and centralize your customer data to close more deals.
- Projects. Don’t let deadlines frighten you! With the Magento 2 Insightly integration, you will convert deals to projects to deliver everything according to the schedule.
- Integrations. Use the default tools and Improved Import & Export to stay connected to your Magento 2 website as well as other apps you already use.
- Experience Your Customers Want. It’s not a secret that your store visitors want relationships, not transactions. They require an individual approach; otherwise, you might lose many of them. However, if they feel appropriately treated, they won’t leave you. With the Magento 2 Insightly integration, you get everything you need to establish a complete view of your clients across their entire shopping journey, creating the experience they want.
- In-Depth Insights. The CRM system provides you with the ability to build a high-resolution picture of your customers with the help of data from all possible sources. Thus, your marketing, sales, and project delivery teams can streamline a unified customer data platform, providing a crystal clear picture of your customers. Get the most in-depth insights into their personal details, needs, and preferences, accelerating your business growth.
- Marketing Automation. One of the best things about the Magento 2 Insightly integration is that you can create engaging experiences with customers across the entire sales cycle with the minimum effort. The CRM system enables you to automate numerous routine processes, such as segmenting your audiences, delivering compelling messages, and using enterprise-grade reports to measure the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns.
- Suitable For Your Business Needs. The Magento 2 Insightly integration provides you with CRM tools tailored to the needs of your business. Due to their intuitive interface and powerful functionality, you can effortlessly build long-lasting customer relationships.
- Lead routing. With the Magento 2 Insightly integration, you will track the most relevant lead information. The CRM offers a rich activity timeline, where you can view and manage your marketing campaign sources, emails, phone calls, meetings, and tasks. Furthermore, the system connects leads to the right person automatically! Everything happens in real-time, providing sales reps with the ability to follow up on leads while they’re still hot.
- Workflow automation. As we’ve just mentioned, Insightly lets you automate your workflow. The platform provides the ability to create complex, multi-step business processes with automatic email alerts, record updates, tasks generation, etc. It also lets you apply custom business logic to various methods.
- Emails management. The Magento 2 Insightly integration lets you create and send emails from within the CRM platform. You can deliver multiple messages to a list of contacts or leads in bulk. Furthermore, Insightly tracks email delivery to customers in real-time so that you can effortlessly monitor open and click statistics for all email templates. If necessary, you can get notifications on opened emails.
- Enhanced productivity. With Insightly, you will do more work better and faster. The platform’s instruments are designed to increase your teams’ productivity with advanced automation and orchestration of various processes: workflow tasks management, emails sending, records updating, custom code executing, webhooks firing, etc.
- Relationship linking. You cannot just build strong relationships with your customers without exploring their needs and buying habits. Furthermore, this process involves the understanding of a complex web of their interactions with different levels of your business. With the Magento 2 Insightly integration, you can map and better understand complex customer relationships exploring the platform’s flexible record linking functionality. The CRM system lets you link customers, emails, and other records to existing contacts in your database. As a result, you can quickly determine who knows who to build a clear view of informal networks.
- Unified business processes. Insightly lets you align your employees and processes around a single source of truth. At the same time, the platform enables you to get rid of silos and time-wasting activities, closing deals faster. It is even possible to customize views and workflows based according to your business needs!
- Dataset management. Use custom objects to store data and capture relationships between datasets. The system lets you set permissions and visibility to restrict access to sensitive information based on business roles or even entire departments.
- Customizable applications. The platform lets you build custom apps to make its default solutions more suitable for your unique e-commerce needs. Leverage validation rules, calculated fields, dashboards, reports, and workflow automation to the most out of the Magento 2 Insightly integration.
- Metrics tracking. As we’ve already mentioned above, the CRM system offers a comprehensive dashboard with built-in business intelligence. Thus, Insightly creates beautiful and user-friendly data visualizations so that you can easily view and explore insights and chart progress towards your goals. Share all the related information with your employees without obstacles.
- Work on-the-go. The Magento 2 Insightly integration lets you manage your CRM routine from anywhere using mobile applications for both Android and iOS. They allow scanning business cards, update projects, and move opportunities.
- Advanced safety. Insightly ensures your data is as secure and safe as possible. The platform is assessed for compliance with SOC 2 Type II. It enables single-sign-on via industry-standard authentication protocols. However, two-factor authentication can be enabled. As for the encryption of data, it is applied to both transit and rest. Furthermore, you can also leverage built-in support for EU/US Privacy Shield and GDPR Compliance.
Insightly CRM offers the following three pricing plans:
- Plus – $29 per user/month, billed annually;
- Professional – $49 per user/month, billed annually;
- Enterprise – $99 per user/month, billed annually.
You can compare them here:
Magento 2 Insightly Integration
Now, when you know about significant benefits, products, and industries of Insightly, we’d like to draw your attention to another important topic – the Magento 2 Insightly integration. Unfortunately, you cannot use the default tools to connect your e-commerce store to the CRM platform, but there is a solution that enables seamless integration. Meet the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension – a universal tool that allows numerous Magento 2 integrations with external systems and other Magento 2 websites.
The module is designed to help you connect your Magento 2 website to Insightly in a matter of minutes. And you can achieve this goal without a single line of code! It is only necessary to install the extension on your e-commerce website and let is automate data transfers between Magento 2 and Insightly. Improved Import & Export creates a bridge between the two platforms based on API connections.
The Improved Import & Export extension lets you leverage the following enhancements to run the Magento 2 Insightly integration seamlessly:
- Automated CRM data tracking and exchange;
- Synchronization for:
- Magento entities (all product types, orders, customers, and invoices);
- Insightly entities;
- Synchronization history;
- Attributes mapping to improve the accuracy of Magento 2 data in Insightly;
- Automate data transfers via schedules or triggers.
- Support for multiple stores;
- Support for various currencies.
Let’s explore several use cases to illustrate the functionality of the plugin from the perspective of the Magento 2 Insightly integration. Note that if Insightly does not support some of the following entities, you can still leverage the described processes for integration with other systems.
When you add a new product, update an existing one, or apply changes to the inventory, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension transfers all the corresponding data to Insightly. As a result, the module updates the CRM platform automatically.
When a new customer registers on your Magento 2 storefront, Improved Import & Export can send the corresponding data to Insightly. When a registered customer applies changes to his/her existing account, the module can transfer the data to the CRM platform.
Income tracking is another opportunity related to Improved Import & Export. Our extension can quickly transfer income data from your e-commerce website to Insightly and back if the CRM platform requires it.
Payment Methods Mapping
Another opportunity related to Magento 2 integration with external systems is related to payment methods mapping. To enable free data transfers between the platforms, you can map them within a few clicks. It doesn’t affect the synchronization with Insightly; however, you can leverage this feature in other integrations.
Tax Rates Mapping
The same is about tax rates: the Improved Import & Export module provides the ability to map tax rates used in Magento 2 to an external system, ensuring that tax calculations are correct.
Other Use Cases
The Magento 2 Insightly integration based on the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to:
- choose what entities to move between the platforms: products, orders, customers, invoices, etc;
- use schedules or events to enable automated data transfers;
- synchronize the two systems by mapping Magento 2 attributes to ones used in Insightly.
With the default API of Insightly, you can effortlessly integrate the CRM functionality of the platform into any system or application. The system offers REST-based API, which is comprehensive, easy to work with, and provides client SDKs for nearly all major programming languages. Of course, the perspective of syncing data with other systems automatically seems promising. You can leverage Insightly API for:
- Custom Reporting. Exchange data between Magento 2 and Insightly to get the most in-depth insights into your e-commerce business. Furthermore, you can use the API to export data further to the reporting service of your choice.
- Smart Lead Capture. With Insightly API, you can capture leads from your website and intelligently import them into Insightly. This process can be entirely automated. Furthermore, it is also possible to assign follow up tasks to employees, synchronize leads and contacts, connect to a job tracking system, and work with whatever tools you use.
- Workflow Automation. The workflow automation routine lets you trigger actions in Insightly when something happens on your Magento 2 website.
It is also necessary to mention that some APIs require your access role to have specific privileges. Otherwise, you won’t build the connection. And of course, previous API experience is mandatory to connect your e-commerce store to the CRM platform. Luckily, there is a more intuitive and user-friendly solution!
With the Improved Import & Export extension, the Magento 2 Insightly integration is seamless, secure, and unlimited! Although the module uses the REST API to connect your e-commerce website to the external system, it can also leverage SOAP and other standards to create any connections if necessary. The plugin generates multiple API bridges, exchanging all entities between the two systems. Thus, it enables Magento 2 Insightly integration. You only have to install and configure it or ask our team to do that.
Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
We’ve already explored the CRM platform as well as some essential nuances of the Magento 2 Insightly integration. Therefore, let’s take a look at the Improved Import & Export features that simplify the data synchronization between the two systems. Since our extension completely revamps the default import and export functionality of the platform, you get an absolutely new way of data transfers. It helps you avoid many issues associated with the built-in tools.
The default instruments don’t let you do the following things:
- Establish API connections;
- Automate data transfers;
- Map attributes;
- Leverage import/export of all entities.
As a result, it is necessary to repeat numerous processes every time a data transfer between Magento 2 and Insightly is required. Usually, you have to recreate changes applied to your e-commerce store in a CRM system manually. Since the integration requires multiple updates per day, it turns into a complete waste of time. But the problem can be easily solved with the help of a more reliable solution.
The Improved Import & Export extension allows transferring all information from Magento 2 to Insightly and back. Note that all processes are automated: the plugin transfers data, matches different external attributes and their values from one system to another, leverages multiple API connections in the integration working with all entities. The Magento 2 Insightly integration becomes a breeze with our module.
Automated Import & Export
The Insightly Magento 2 integration is a continuous process that requires advanced automation. And Improved Import & Export provides the ability to avoid daily duties related to data transfers via schedules and event-based triggers, which entirely automate them.
Schedules represent the most intuitive and straightforward way of automation in different data transfers, including the Magento 2 Insightly integration. The flow of information between the two systems is based on cron. You specify a time interval and the extension imports/exports updates according to it. The module lets you create fully independent import and export jobs with several different options:
- custom intervals,
- customizable, predefined update schemes,
- profiles with no schedules (which are suitable for maintaining such tasks as migration to Magento 2),
- and asynchronous data transfers (launch every scheduled profile manually whenever you want).
Event-based triggers are another huge improvement provided by the Improved Import & Export extension. They introduce a more flexible approach to the Magento 2 Insightly integration exchanging data in real-time. Use the following algorithm to automate data transfers between the two systems:
- Create a trigger;
- Connect it to an event;
- Link an action to a trigger to launch it automatically.
Thus, transferring data to Insightly with the help of a trigger simplifies the integration. When something happens in Magento 2, the plugin transfers the corresponding data to the CRM platform.
For instance, a customer creates an account on your website; the extension rapidly provides the corresponding data to Insightly. The Magento 2 Insightly Integration Add-On for Improved Import & Export will help you forget about creating similar schemes manually! Follow the link below for more information regarding triggers: How to Run Magento 2 Import or Export After Specific System Event or Process.
Advanced Mapping Features
Map Insightly attributes to ones used in Magento 2 and vice versa to enable automated data transfers between the two systems. The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension radically simplifies the Insightly Magento 2 integration in terms of attributes and their values with the help of the following features:
Use our module to solve the problem of different attribute standards without headaches and enable the Magento 2 Insightly integration in the most intuitive way with mapping presets – predefined mapping schemes that eliminate manual attributes matching.
You no longer need to look for unsupported attributes and fix them. Our extension performs all the necessary improvements automatically. It analyzes the input data file transferred from Insightly, discovers third-party attributes, and matches them to the ones used in Magento. As for export processes, Magento 2 Insightly Integration Add-One for Improved Import & Export knows what attributes are required by the CRM system. It also modifies ones utilized in Magento according to the rules of the external platform. You only need to select a matching scheme suitable for your migration:
Importing/exporting data between Insightly and Magento 2 can also be based on manual attributes mapping right in the Magento admin! The Improved Import & Export module provides a unique matching interface which offers full control over the process: you specify external (internal) attributes and link them to the corresponding internal (external) ones in a particular grid enabling the data transfer. Here is how everything works:
Attribute Values Mapping
The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension offers a separate interface for attribute values mapping that provides the ability to simplify the Magento 2 Insightly synchronization and automate it entirely. With our plugin, third-party designations will no longer interrupt transfers from Insightly to Magento 2 since you can choose an external value and specify its replacement. Repeat the procedure until all third-party designations are mapped to ones utilized in Magento 2. Note that the created schemes are saved and applied for further updates. For more details, read this article: Attribute Values Mapping.
Attribute Values Editing
If attribute values mapping is not enough, you can rely on attribute values editing. Transferring data from Insightly or other systems to Magento 2 can be automated with the ability to modify attribute values in bulk. Use the following rules:
- Add a prefix to multiple attribute values;
- Add a suffix to numerous attribute values;
- Split various attribute values;
- Merge many attribute values.
Note that you can combine them and create conditions increasing the efficiency of the applied changes. You can find more information in this article: How to Modify Attribute Values During Import and Export in Magento 2.
You won’t use category mapping in the Magento 2 Insightly integration. However, it dramatically simplifies other connection. You can match external categories to ones used internally, reducing the number of difficulties that usually occur when products are transferred from other platforms to Magento 2. The Improved Import & Export module allows mapping external product categories to ones used in your catalog as follows:
To create new categories right in the import job, choose a parent category, and specify a new one that will be generated automatically. Thus, the extension will link products to it during the import process. If your Magento 2 website doesn’t include a category from an imported file, it’s no longer a problem. You can find more information about this feature here: Category Mapping.
Attributes On The Fly
And if a data file provided from an external system lacks attributes, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension lets you create them on the fly via the following general form:
The feature is described here in more detail: Product attributes import.
Extended Connectivity Options
The fundamental aspect of the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension that enables the Magento 2 Insightly integration, as well as multiple other connections, is support for additional connectivity options. Designed to improve all data transfers and make the seamless Magento 2 Insightly integration possible, they include numerous file formats and two alternative ways of transferring data between your e-commerce store and external systems. As for Insightly, the REST API standard is utilized as a first way of the integration.
Multiple File Standards
Although the Magento 2 Insightly integration cannot be based on data files, you can leverage them in other integrations. The Improved Import & Export extension supports CSV, XML, JSON, ODS, and Excel as well as unpacks file archives automatically while the default tools work with uncompressed CSV files only!
Multiple File Sources
The following file sources can be leveraged to import and export data files between Magento 2 and external systems:
- FTP/SFTP. Transfer data files using a local or remote server.
- Dropbox. Use a Dropbox account to establish a connection between the two systems. Alternatively, you can rely on Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, and Amazon Drive.
- URL. A direct URL can be used to import a data file as well.
Alternative Ways of Import & Export
Note that the alternative ways of import and export are not represented in Magento 2 by default. However, direct API connections are the only way to enable the Magento 2 Insightly integration.
As we’ve mentioned above, the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to leverage REST for the Magento 2 Insightly synchronization as well as other APIs if necessary. For instance, our module also works with SOAP (which is deprecated in the case of Insightly ) and GraphQL.
Note that all API connections support other extension’s features so that you can leverage mapping, schedules, and attributes on the fly while transferring data from Magento 2 to Insightly via REST API.
As for the intermediary services, you can rely on Google Sheets, Office 365 Excel, and Zoho Sheettransferring data to your e-commerce store. Although it is impossible to utilize them for the Magento 2 Insightly integration, other connections can be established with the help of various online sheets. The following image shows how to use Google Sheets to move data to Magento 2:
The video below displays other details of our extension:
As you can see, Insightly is another powerful CRM system designed to improve your interactions with customers as well as automate numerous routine processes. You can leverage fully customizable tools to get a solution that perfectly suits your e-commerce needs. For further information about the Magento 2 Insightly integration, follow the link below and contact our support:'