In the following post, we review
Table of contents
- 1 ServiceNow CRM Overview
- 2 Magento 2 ServiceNow Integration
- 3 ServiceNow API
- 4 Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
- 4.1 Automated Import & Export
- 4.2 Advanced Mapping Features
- 4.3 Extended Connectivity Options
- 5 Final Words
ServiceNow CRM Overview
The primary purpose of the ServiceNow CRM system is to evaluate your customer service from requests to resolutions providing both buyers and employees with the best possible experience. The platform offers the ability to automate multiple backend processes as well as connect your customer service team with other departments providing shoppers with the most engaging experience and managers with the most efficient workflow.
Let’s take a look at critical benefits provided with the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration:
- Outstanding Support. Your buyers can get support using numerous channels. They can contact you in a chat, by email, use knowledgebase, or rely on the community.
- Helpful Services. In addition to the advanced support capabilities, the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration offers various services designed to provide your clients with the engaging experience. For instance, they can submit any ideas, reset passwords, or apply other changes to their account.
- Improved Efficiency. With a cross-functional task board, your employees dramatically improve their efficiency. The drag-and-drop interface enables them to reduce the time necessary to manage various backend processes.
- Better Products and Services. To improve products and services, the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration lets you not only streamline direct inquiries of your clients but also utilize trends related to the behavior of your buyers. The platform allows for discovering issues before they affect your sales.
- Latest Achievements. The Magento 2 ServiceNow integration enables you to streamline the most recent achievements from the field of user experience management: personalized mobile applications, contextual collaboration, self-service portals, etc.
- Custom Apps. Another critical aspect of the platform is the ability to choose and create custom applications the will be connected to your e-commerce website. Thus, the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration becomes as scalable as the most demanding businesses need.
- Intelligent Automation. As we’ve already mentioned, the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration simplifies the life of both customers and employees. With the help of machine learning and AI-powered chatbots, you can dramatically improve the daily routine of your customer service team.
The highly scalable nature of the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration is based on the following capabilities of the platform:
- Agent Workspace. To enhance agent productivity, the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration offers three core elements. Firstly, your employees can leverage multitasking, doing several things simultaneously. Secondly, they can leverage various integrated solutions. Thirdly, an optimized layout helps them to become more efficient.
- Advanced Management Capabilities. Your customer service agents can not only manage customer interactions but also visually track activities, case status, and SLAs with the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration. It is an entirely new level of customer services.
- Intelligent Routing. With the help of this feature, the daily routine of your employees becomes way more straightforward. The Magento 2 ServiceNow integration allows you to assign cases and work orders automatically using such parameters as skills, availability, or location.
- Omnichannel Experience. With the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration, you can support your customers on any channel. The platform lets you connect to any telephony systems to enable connection no only across the web, chat, email, and social media but also a phone.
- Customer Data Management. The advanced customer data management capabilities of the Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM integration let you agents view accounts, contacts, entitlements, contracts, products, assets, install base, and other details.
- Task Assignment. With this feature, other departments can be easily leveraged to improve customer services. The Magento 2 ServiceNow integration lets you assign customer requests and tasks to other departments using visual task boards available for the entire enterprise.
- Workflow and Automation. As mentioned above, you can leverage multiple automation to increase the efficiency of your support team. With the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration, you can streamline automated assignments, tasks, and service processes. Also, note that the system simplifies these and other operations with a simple drag-and-drop interface.
- Self-Service. Some customers don’t want to work with your support team directly. To satisfy their needs, the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration drives self-service capabilities. The CRM platform provides Knowledge Base, Communities, Service Catalog, and Service Portal.
- Surveys. Another feature that is worth mentioning here is surveys. The Magento 2 ServiceNow integration lets you leverage them to measure the voice of the customer. Thus, you can stay current with customer concerns.
- Issue Resolution. The advanced issue resolution capabilities of the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration let you identify, diagnose, and resolve customer issues before they affect your sales.
- In-Depth Reports. The Magento 2 ServiceNow integration lets you generate and distribute numerous reports. You can even create custom solutions to get the exact data your business requires. Everything is available on a user-friendly dashboard.
- Agent Intelligence. To increase the agent intelligence and quality of your services, the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration enables you to streamline machine learning. Thus, the best agents become even better with the latest achievements in the field of customer services, resolve issues much faster.
- Performance Analytics. Not only dashboards help you get the most in-depth insights into the way your customer services perform. The platform also provides advanced analytics, letting you analyze trends with KPIs, metrics, and role-based interfaces.
- Virtual Agent. To make your customer services better, you can use a chatbot. This feature lets you dramatically improve customer self-service experience. Enable the best conversational guidance with a chatbot.
- Operations Management. The advanced level of control over your employees is another crucial moment of the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration. The CRM platform enables service health tracking with such features as Event Management, Discovery, and Operational Intelligence.
- Financial Modeling. You can even gain visibility into expenses by connecting real costs to service users and their consumption. Thus, budget planning becomes more precise with the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration.
- Project Management. Last but not least, we’d like to draw your attention to the in-depth project management capabilities of the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration. The CRM system provides tools necessary to manage your entire project lifecycle controlling every tiny aspect.
No pricing details are available online. However, we know that ServiceNow offers the following two plans:
- Standard with such features as Agent Workspace, Case and Major Issue Management, Intelligent Routing, Omnichannel Capabilities, Customer Data Management, Task Assignment, Workflow & Automation, Self-Service, Surveys, Field Service Management, Issue Resolution, Reports & Dashboards, etc.
- Professional with the features mentioned above plus Agent Intelligence, Performance Analytics, and Virtual Agent.
Note that Operations Management, Financial Modeling, and, Project Management are licensed separately.
Magento 2 ServiceNow Integration
Now, when you know about significant benefits, products, and industries of ServiceNow, we’d like to draw your attention to another important topic – the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration. Unfortunately, you cannot use the default tools to connect your e-commerce store to the CRM platform, but there is a solution that enables seamless integration. Meet the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension – a universal tool that allows numerous Magento 2 integrations with external systems and other Magento 2 websites.
The module is designed to help you connect your Magento 2 website to ServiceNow in a matter of minutes. And you can achieve this goal without a single line of code! It is only necessary to install the extension on your e-commerce website and let is automate data transfers between Magento 2 and ServiceNow. Improved Import & Export creates a bridge between the two platforms based on API connections.
The Improved Import & Export extension lets you leverage the following enhancements to run the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration seamlessly:
- Automated CRM data tracking and exchange;
- Synchronization for:
- Magento entities (all product types, orders, customers, and invoices);
- ServiceNow entities;
- Synchronization history;
- Attributes mapping to improve the accuracy of Magento 2 data in ServiceNow;
- Automate data transfers via schedules or triggers.
- Support for multiple stores;
- Support for various currencies.
Let’s explore several use cases to illustrate the functionality of the plugin from the perspective of the Magento 2 ServiceNow integration. Note that if ServiceNow does not support some of the following entities, you can still leverage the described processes for integration with other systems.
When you add a new product, update an existing one, or apply changes to the inventory, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension transfers all the corresponding data to ServiceNow updating the CRM platform.
When a new customer registers on your Magento 2 storefront, Improved Import & Export can send the corresponding data to ServiceNow. When a registered customer applies changes to his/her existing account, the module can transfer the data to the CRM platform.
Income tracking is another opportunity related to Improved Import & Export. Our extension can quickly transfer income data from your e-commerce website to ServiceNow and back if the CRM platform requires it.
Payment Methods Mapping
Another opportunity related to Magento 2 integration with external systems is related to payment methods mapping. To enable free data transfers between the platforms, you can map them within a few clicks. It doesn’t affect the synchronization with ServiceNow; however, you can leverage this feature in other integrations.
Tax Rates Mapping
The same is about tax rates: the Improved Import & Export module provides the ability to map tax rates used in Magento 2 to an external system, ensuring that tax calculations are correct.
Other Use Cases
The Magento 2 ServiceNow integration based on the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to:
- choose what entities to move between the platforms: products, orders, customers, invoices, etc;
- use schedules or events to enable automated data transfers;
- synchronize the two systems by mapping Magento 2 attributes to ones used in ServiceNow.
The ServiceNow API provides a standard set of services. You can use REST interfaces to access data on your instance, enabling the rapid implementation of ServiceNow apps. It is also worth mentioning that some APIs require your access role to have specific privileges. Otherwise, you won’t use the API. And of course, previous API experience is mandatory to connect your e-commerce store to the CRM platform. Luckily, there is a more intuitive and user-friendly solution!
With the Improved Import & Export extension, the Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM integration is seamless, easy, and unlimited! The module uses the REST API to connect your e-commerce website to the external system and can also leverage SOAP and other standards to create any connections. To enable the Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM integration, the plugin generates multiple API bridges, exchanging all entities between the two systems. You only have to install and configure it or ask our team to do that.
Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
We’ve already explored the CRM platform as well as some essential nuances of the Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM integration. Therefore, let’s take a look at the Improved Import & Export features that simplify the data synchronization between the two systems. Since our extension completely revamps the default import and export functionality of the platform, you get an absolutely new way of data transfers, which helps you avoid many issues associated with the built-in tools.
The default instruments don’t let you do the following things:
- Establish API connections;
- Automate data transfers;
- Map attributes;
- Leverage import/export of all entities.
As a result, it is necessary to repeat numerous processes every time a data transfer between Magento 2 and ServiceNow CRM is required. Usually, you have to recreate changes applied to your e-commerce store in a CRM system manually. Since the integration requires multiple updates per day, it turns into a complete waste of time. But the problem can be easily solved with the help of a more reliable solution.
The Improved Import & Export extension allows transferring all information from Magento 2 to ServiceNow CRM and back. Note that all processes are automated: relax while the plugin transfers data, matches different external attributes and their values from one system to another, leverages multiple API connections in the integration working with all entities. The Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM integration becomes a breeze with our module.
Automated Import & Export
The ServiceNow CRM Magento 2 integration is a continuous process that requires advanced automation. And Improved Import & Export provides the ability to avoid daily duties related to data transfers via schedules and event-based triggers, which entirely automate them.
Schedules represent the most intuitive and straightforward way of automation in different data transfers, including the Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM integration. The flow of information between the two systems is based on cron. You specify a time interval and the extension imports/exports updates according to it letting you create fully independent import and export jobs with several different options:
- custom intervals,
- customizable, predefined update schemes,
- profiles with no schedules (which are suitable for maintaining such tasks as migration to Magento 2),
- and asynchronous data transfers (launch every scheduled profile manually whenever you want).
Event-based triggers are another huge improvement provided by the Improved Import & Export extension. They introduce a more flexible approach to the Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM integration exchanging data in real time. Use the following algorithm to automate data transfers between the two systems:
- Create a trigger;
- Connect it to an event;
- Link an action to a trigger to launch it automatically.
Thus, transferring data to ServiceNow CRM with the help of a trigger dramatically simplifies the integration. When something happens in Magento 2, the plugin transfers the corresponding data to the CRM platform.
For instance, a customer creates an account on your website; the extension rapidly provides the corresponding data to ServiceNow CRM. The Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM Integration Add-On for Improved Import & Export will help you forget about creating similar schemes manually! Follow the link below for more information regarding triggers: How to Run Magento 2 Import or Export After Specific System Event or Process.
Advanced Mapping Features
Map ServiceNow CRM attributes to ones used in Magento 2 and vice versa to enable automated data transfers between the two systems. The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension radically simplifies the ServiceNow CRM Magento 2 integration in terms of attributes and their values with the help of the following features:
Use our module to solve the problem of different attribute standards without headaches and enable the Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM integration in the most intuitive way with mapping presets – predefined mapping schemes that eliminate manual attributes matching.
You no longer need to look for unsupported attributes and fix them. Our extension performs all the necessary improvements automatically. It analyzes the input data file transferred from ServiceNow CRM, discovers third-party attributes, and matches them to the ones used in Magento. As for export processes, Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM Integration Add-One for Improved Import & Export knows what attributes are required by the CRM system and modifies ones utilized in Magento according to the rules of the external platform. You only need to select a matching scheme suitable for your migration:
Importing/exporting data between ServiceNow CRM and Magento 2 can also be based on manual attributes mapping right in the Magento admin! The Improved Import & Export module provides a unique matching interface which offers full control over the process: you specify external (internal) attributes and link them to the corresponding internal (external) ones in a particular grid enabling the data transfer. Here is how everything works:
Attribute Values Mapping
The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension offers a separate interface for attribute values mapping that provides the ability to simplify the Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM synchronization and automate it entirely. With our plugin, third-party designations will no longer interrupt transfers from ServiceNow CRM to Magento 2 since you can choose an external value and specify its replacement. Repeat the procedure until all third-party designations are mapped to ones utilized in Magento 2. Note that the created schemes are saved and applied for further updates. For more details, read this article: Attribute Values Mapping.
Attribute Values Editing
If attribute values mapping is not enough, you can rely on attribute values editing. Transferring data from ServiceNow CRM or other systems to Magento 2 can be automated with the ability to modify attribute values in bulk. Use the following rules:
- Add a prefix to multiple attribute values;
- Add a suffix to numerous attribute values;
- Split various attribute values;
- Merge many attribute values.
Note that you can combine them and create conditions increasing the efficiency of the applied changes. You can find more information in this article: How to Modify Attribute Values During Import and Export in Magento 2.
You won’t use category mapping in the Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM integration. However, it dramatically simplifies other connection. You can match external categories to ones used internally, reducing the number of difficulties that usually occur when products are transferred from other platforms to Magento 2. The Improved Import & Export module allows mapping external product categories to ones used in your catalog as follows:
To create new categories right in the import job, choose a parent category, and specify a new one that will be generated automatically. Thus, the extension will link products to it during the import process. If your Magento 2 website doesn’t include a category from an imported file, it’s no longer a problem. You can find more information about this feature here: Category Mapping.
Attributes On The Fly
And if a data file provided from an external system lacks attributes, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension lets you create them on the fly via the following general form:
The feature is described here in more detail: Product attributes import.
Extended Connectivity Options
The fundamental aspect of the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension that enables the Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM integration, as well as multiple other connections, is support for additional connectivity options. Designed to improve all data transfers and make the seamless Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM integration possible, they include numerous file formats and two alternative ways of transferring data between your e-commerce store and external systems. As for ServiceNow CRM, the REST API standard is utilized as a first way of the integration.
Multiple File Standards
Although the Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM integration cannot be based on data files, you can leverage them in other integrations. The Improved Import & Export extension supports CSV, XML, JSON, ODS, and Excel as well as unpacks file archives automatically while the default tools work with uncompressed CSV files only!
Multiple File Sources
The following file sources can be leveraged to import and export data files between Magento 2 and external systems:
- FTP/SFTP. Transfer data files using a local or remote server.
- Dropbox. Use a Dropbox account to establish a connection between the two systems. Alternatively, you can rely on Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, and Amazon Drive.
- URL. A direct URL can be used to import a data file as well.
Alternative Ways of Import & Export
Note that the alternative ways of import and export are not represented in Magento 2 by default. However, direct API connections are the only way to enable the Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM integration.
As we’ve mentioned above, the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to leverage REST for the Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM synchronization as well as other APIs if necessary. For instance, our module also works with SOAP (which is deprecated in the case of ServiceNow CRM) and GraphQL.
Note that all API connections support other extension’s features so that you can leverage mapping, schedules, and attributes on the fly while transferring data from Magento 2 to ServiceNow CRM via REST API.
As for the intermediary services, you can rely on Google Sheets, Office 365 Excel, and Zoho Sheettransferring data to your e-commerce store. Although it is impossible to utilize them for the Magento 2 ServiceNow CRM integration, other connections can be established with the help of various online sheets. The following image shows how to use Google Sheets to move data to Magento 2:
The video below displays other details of our extension:
ServiceNow is a powerful CRM platform that automates numerous workflows and supports all possible communication channels. It also analyzes customer data and provides you with the most in-depth insights related to the customer support department of your enterprise. To enable these and other advanced features of the CRM system on your ecommerce store, you need the Improved Import & Export extension to be installed. The module offers a seamless Magento 2 ServiceNow integration enabling transfers of all entities between the two systems. For further information, follow the link below and contact our support:'