Amasty offers several Magento 2 extensions related to coupons. You might have seen our review on Multiple Coupons or Generate and Import Coupons, and below we explore Special Occasion Coupons for Magento 2. The extension provides the ability to generate and offer discount coupons based on birthdays, newsletter subscriptions, or other events. Note that promo codes can be sent automatically, so you only have to configure the module in a few simple steps.
As for the Special Occasion module’s key features, they are the ability to set the expiry period for each coupon and an opportunity to fully leverage custom email templates. Note that unused coupons can be deleted automatically. Below, you can see the list of events that are used as coupon triggers:
- Birthday – it is always a good idea to congratulate a customer with a birthday by sending a coupon code;
- Wishlist Creation – thus, a customer is rewarded for showing his or her desired products to friends;
- Newsletter subscription – you get an opportunity to tell more about your goods and sales;
- No activity – motivate a customer to return to your ecommerce website;
- Customer registration – reward a customer for becoming a registered user;
- One More Year With Us – provide a bonus to a customer for being loyal to your brand;
- Order placement – reward customers for placing orders on your website, motivating them to come back to your store.
Now, when you know main theoretical aspects of the Amasty Special Occasion Coupons for Magento 2, we can dive deep into the extension’s backend.
There are eight sections of configuration settings available with the Amasty Special Occasion Coupons Magento 2 extension: General, Customer Birthday, New Registration, Wishlist Created, Newsletter Subscription, No Customer Activity, Order Placed, and One More Year With Us.
In the General section, you specify an email sender and a period after which unused coupons are removed.
Settings in other sections are similar, so we will only describe Customer Birthday. You enable/disable this event as a trigger, specify the number of days after which a coupon is sent, choose an email template, set a discount type, amount, expiry period, and the number of uses per coupon and customer. Next, you can choose customer groups that will be able to receive coupon codes. Besides, it is possible to set a minimum order amount for spending coupons.
Install Amasty Special Occasion Coupons for Magento 2, and you will fully automate the coupon functionality of your ecommerce storefront. It will be no longer necessary to spend time on time-consuming management: everything will work automatically. The Magento 2 module costs $109, as for its M1 predecessor, it is cheaper – just $79.