Today, we review one of the most reliable and fully-featured drop shipping solutions. Meet the uDropship Magento 2 extension by Unirgy. Install the module and get the ability to sell products from several vendors without headaches. Seamlessly manage inventory and handle order fulfillment.
With the help of the module, you will fully leverage drop shipping and get the full control over the communication between online websites and dropshippers. Tracking orders and shipments will no longer be a problem if you use the new shipping method. Furthermore, Unirgy uDropship streamlines the simplicity of the Magento 2 backend, so you will easily master the module and find all its features. Follow the link below to see the video overview of uDropship for Magento 1:
Let’s briefly describe core extension’s features and then proceed to the backend section. So, what does Unirgy uDropship let you do when it comes to dropshipping? First of all, the module provides the ability to have multiple shipping origins per order. It is especially useful when items from an order are not available in the catalog of a single supplier, but they are included in your catalog. Instead of splitting the order into several parts, you can still create one but with multiple shipping origins.
Wide support for built-in and third party carriers is also among core Unirgy uDropship features. The extension doesn’t limit you to a small list of predefined carriers, so you and your customers can choose only the most convenient providers.
It is also necessary to mention that the Unirgy uDropship Magento 2 module allows you to use different vendors for product per website. This feature is especially useful if you sell abroad and have different website oriented at different countries and markets. While you can sell the same products on different websites, it is possible to use different vendors to reduce time and cost for shipping.
Pre-generated order shipments per vendor are available with Unirgy uDropship as well. Another important feature is related to the checkout. The extension supports both internal and external checkouts, so you buyers can complete the purchase either on your Magento 2 store or via PayPal Standard/Express.
Every time an order is created all vendors related to this order get a notification. Unirgy uDropship provides packing slips that essentially simplifies the life of vendors and customers. Note that packing slips are available in a PDF format and can be downloaded. The same is about thermal (EPL) shipping labels. Both document types are attached to vendor notifications.
In its turn a vendor can send comments to a store owner asking questions or providing additional details. As for the notification system, it is also aimed at buyers. Customers get automatic shipment notifications with all the necessary information.
Note that the Unirgy uDropship Magento 2 extension offers several important addons.
- The first one is AdvancedPO ($290). This addon offers a more flexible management workflow, utilizes parent record in PO and Shipment IDs for easier identification (if order number is 345, then PO is 345-12, and shipment is 345-12-2), offers auto-generated vendors POs (but they can be created manually as well), provides the ability to create multiple POs per vendor per order, separates PO PDFs and shipment packing slips, allows partial item shipment from vendor interface, and offers automate invoicing for shipped products only.
- Payout ($290) is the second addon. It allows you to reduce time expenditures required to generate vendor payouts, since everything everything is performed automatically. Alternatively, you can still generate payouts manually. Payouts on shipment and/or periodic statement are also among features offered by the addon. Note that bundled payout method is PayPal. At the same time, you can create custom payout methods both offline and online. It is also necessary to mention that you can track payouts in both vendor statements and admin interface.
- MicroSite ($290). With the help of this addon, you create a place where vendors can register. Next, you approve or decline them. Besides, the addon provides the ability to handle vendor subdomains that offer product filtering as well as custom landing pages. Furthermore, each approved vendor gets a limited access to your store with the ability to manage corresponding products. As for new inactive vendors, they can only view their products when logged in.
- MultiVendor ($290). The MultiVendor addon allows you to manage multiple vendors for a single product. Besides, you get full control over vendor stock levels and vendor-specific SKUs. As a store admin, you can can change vendor per order item after the order was placed. From the vendor perspective, this addon allows to edit such parameters as product SKUs, Cost, and Stock Qty.
- Batch ($290). This addon is aimed at import/export functionality first of all. It lets you export new orders to vendors and import shipment updates back via multiple destinations. Besides, the addon provides custom CSV file templates for each vendor.
- SplitRate ($190). The functionality of SplitRate include the ability to split products in a shopping cart by vendor. Besides, it allows to provide different shipping method per a vendor product group. Note that external checkouts won’t be able to handle multiple shipment choices for a single order.
- uReturns (RMA) ($290). This addon requires uMarketplace Suite to be installed. If the module is installed, you can fully leverage the addon to provide and manage vendor-direct return and exchange workflow, configure RMA approval, send automated notifications, and get a centralized view of exchanges and returns.
- MultiTableRate (Free). This free addon allows you to connect the Unirgy uDropship Magento 2 extension to the WebShopApps Matrixrate module. As a result, each vendor can have special table rates.
- GeoProximity (Free). GeoProximity is another free addon that allows to make your dropshipping more vendor-friendly. It utilizer a vendor decision logic: min packages and geographic proximity. Note that the addon has lots of requirements.
- Locator (Free). This one allows to connect Unirgy uDropship to uStoreLocator in order to synchronize geo locations with vendors automatically.
As you can see, there are 10 addons that essentially extend the default functionality of the Unirgy uDropship Magento 2 module. Let’s see, how things are going under the hood of the extension.
Table of contents
The extension is available under Sales -> Dropship. Here, you can see 10 sections: Vendors, Shipping Methods, Label Batches, Vendor Statements, Vendor Registrations, Purchase Orders, Payouts, Customer Ship Classes, Vendor Ship Classes, and Returns.
All vendors are gathered in a grid that shows vendor ID, name, email, user carrier, status, and tax class. Besides it displays whether a vendor is featured or not. Note that there is a list of mass actions that consists of the following commands:
- Change Is Featured
- Change Status
- Change Preferred Carrier
- Change Vendor Tax Class
While adding a new vendor, you can specify specify its core data in Vendor Information (there are 3 sections and several dozens option), customize Preferences, add custom text in Custom Data, select and fine tune shipping methods, create tire commissions, and specify shipping rates.
The Shipping Method grid illustrates method code and title, days in transit, store view, system methods, as well as customer and vendor ship classes. You can delete shipping methods in bulk.
While adding a new method, you specify shipping information: Shipping Method Code and Title, Days in Transit, Websites, and Vendor Ship Classes.
Next, it is possible to enable/disable associated system methods: DHL, Federal Express, Free Shipping, etc.
The Titles tab allows you to set a default title for all store views as well as create store view specific titles.
In Label Batches, you can download all labels via a convenient grid that shows label ID, creation date, title, corresponding vendor, label type, and number of shipments.
The Vendor Statements grid provides information via the following columns: ID, Created At, Statement ID, Vendor, Period, # of Orders, Total Payment, Total Paid, Total Due, Sent. You can generate statements with the help of a button available above on the right.
As for the Vendor Registrations grid, it shows Registration ID, Vendor Name, Email, Used Carrier.
All purchase orders are gathered in a grid as well. It consists of the following columns: Purchase Order #, Purchase Order Created, Order #, Order Date, Ship to Name, Vendor, Method, Shipping Price, Total Cost, Total Qty, Statement Ready At, Status, and Action.
The Vendor Payouts screen allows you to generate payout for a specified period. Just hit the “Generate Payouts” button. All the necessary information about each payout is available in a grid.
Customer Ship Classes
And this is the Customer Ship Classes page:
While adding a new class, specify its name, sort order, and related countries.
Vendor Ship Classes
Similar page is dedicated to vendor ship classes:
And you can add a new vendor class in the same way.
There is even a grid with returns. It shows Return #, Return Created, Order #, Order Date, Shipper Name, Status, Vendor, Method, Tracking Price, and Action.
As for the Unirgy uDropship Magento 2 extension configuration, it is very complex but at the same time powerful and precise. Go to Stores -> Settings -> Configuration -> Sales -> Drop Shipping. Here, you can fine tune literally every aspect of the module. The configuration section is divided into 14 sections. They are: Administrator Options, Vendor Options, Purchaser Order Options, Vendor Statements Options, Customer Options, Product Stock Options, Miscellaneous, MicroSite Options, Poll Tracking Error Notification Options, Order Batch Options, Payout Options, Payout PayPal Options, Tier Commission, and Vendor Rating Options. Besides, there are some other tabs with settings related to Drop Shipping in the Sales Section.
Even in comparison to Magestore Dropship and Boost My Shop Drop Shipping, Unirgy uDropship looks gorgeous. Perhaps, it is the most complex extension in the ecosystem and due to addons the module covers all possible aspects of drop shipping. At the same time Unirgy uDropship is the most expensive drop shipping solution for Magento 2. The module itself costs $950, while most of its addons cost $290. Is it a reasonable price? Without a shadow of a doubt, we say “Yes”. If you are looking for a monster solution that covers all ecommerce needs related to drop shipping, Unirgy uDropship is the only one module that will fully satisfy your needs. If your budget is limited and you need only some basic features, pay attention to Boost My Shop, Magestore, and other vendors.