Motivate first time buyers to become your regular customers and increase the loyalty of already existing clients with the help of the Free Gift Magento extension by Extendware. The module is designed to create promotions aimed at giving away something for purchasing certain items. As a result, you can share your branded products or get rid of unpopular ones making customers more satisfied with services your Magento website provides.'
Free gifts are automatically added to cart after an item was placed there. Besides, customers can use coupons (if you provide this functionality). It is also necessary to mention that both bundle and configurable products are supported. If you are wondering what kind of promotions available with Extendware Free Gift is the most popular, it is “Buy one get one for free”. Besides, you can easily create something like “Purchase more than $X and get Y for free”.
Extendware emphasises that the Free Gift Magento module is especially useful for giving away pens, t-shirts, mouse pads, or other products branded with your store logo. Thus, you not only get more loyal customers, you also get free ads when buyers use or wear your gifts.
Furthermore, the extension allows you to create promotions when a customer can select a gift from a list of free products. And as mentioned above configurable products are supported. The same is about products with custom options.
Before we proceed to features, check what other customers think about the Extendware Free Gift Magento plugin:
- Buy 1-n – Get 1-n Free. “Buy one get one free” is one of the most popular promotions that you can create with the help of the Free Gift Magento extension. Moreover, you can customize it by changing the quantity of goods that should be purchased and the number of free gifts.
- Free Gifts for Purchases Over a Certain Amount. “Make a purchase over $X and get Y for free” is another popular promotion you can create with the extension. You can even combine all normal shopping cart price rule conditions while creating a new powerful promotion.
- Get Rid of Unpopular Inventory. Chances are, your stock still has goods that do not sell, but you can easily get rid of them in the most effective manner after installing Extendware Free Gift for Magento. The extension allows you to turn all unpopular items into free gifts motivating more sales.
- User-Friendly Promotions. Promotions created by the module are absolutely user-friendly not just because of customer-oriented conditions, but also due to the ability to add free gifts to cart automatically. Thus, customers only have to purchase certain goods and a free product will appear in a shopping cart.
- Different Product Types. The Extendware Free Gift Magento module supports different products as gifts: configurable, bundle, and products with custom options. In case it is necessary to choose certain configuration, a customer is notified.
- Unlimited Rules. The extension allows to apply any number of free promotional product rules simultaneously, but due to a flexible backend settings you can easily set a limit.
- Coupon Support. You can effortlessly offer free gifts via coupons, since they are fully supported. At the same time, this is not mandatory.
- Free Shipping for Gifts. It is useful to offer free shipping for gifts, otherwise some of your customers will not want to pay for additional items. At the same time, gifts can be included into shipping calculations.
- Multiple Gifts. Do not limit a shopping cart with just one gift and let your customers get several free items for a single purchase.
- Give Customers a Choice. It is possible to offer multiple free gifts to choose from. You can even create a separate category with gifts. Thus, customers will be able to select a free item right from a cart page.
- Smart Notifications. Add a message to each free item to notify customers about a new gift. Additionally, the extension let them know that they should choose a free gift or several.
- Only In-Stock Items. To avoid misunderstanding when a free gift was added to a cart but it is not available, the module provides the ability to use only in-stock items as gifts.
- Responsive Designed. The Extendware Free Gift Magento module fully supports responsive templates, so it provides equally great experience on all devices.
- Default Magento Promotions. You can fully leverage the default Magento promotions.
- Multiple Currencies and Taxes. There is no need to worry about multi-currency stores or various tax calculations – both are supported by the module. The extension will not affect any of vital calculations.
Below, you can see a Magento extension tutorial related to its backend configuration and functionality.
Let’s configure the tool firs. You can do it under Extendware -> Manage Extensions -> Free Gift -> Configure. There are two sections of settings: General and Messages.
The General section allows you to enable/disable the module and its auto add functionality. Besides, you can select sorting here. Note that some options are available only after you install Extendware Product Sorting.
There are three types of messages: Custom Cart Message, Unclaimed Gift Message, and Add To Cart Message. The first one if added to free products. The second one is displayed on cart or checkout pages and informs that there is a free gift available for selection. The third message is displayed right after a product is added to cart.
Now, when you know how to configure the Free Gift Magento extension, let’s go to Promotions -> Shopping Cart Price Rules to discover the module’s functionality. All promotions are gathered in a grid that shows rule name, coupon code (if it is available), period when the rule is active, its status (Active or Inactive), website where the rule works, and its priority.
To create a new promotion, hit the Add New Rule button that is situated above the top right corner of the grid. There are 4 tabs of settings: Rule Information, Conditions, Actions, and Labels. The first one allows to add a rule name and description, choose status, website, and customer group, enable/disable coupon functionality, specify uses per customer, select period of activity, set priority, and enable/disable public visibility in RSS feeds.
Next, specify conditions necessary for the rule to be applied.
Now, you can choose action that will be applied. Note that all actions are divided into two groups: Default and Extendware Free Gift (Add gift when certain products are added to cart, Add gift for whole cart, and Add same product as gift to the cart). For each Extendware Free Gift action, the module provides a description. Depending on the action, further options varies a little bit. In case of “Add gift for whole cart”, you should specify Discount Amount, Product Add Type, Product List, Maximum Qty Discount is Applied To, Discount Qty Step (Buy X), and decide whether to Stop Further Rules Processing or not.
In Labels, you can add a default rule label for all store views, as well as create store view specific labels.
This is how the extension works on the frontend:
Selection of Gifts
We’ve just seen how useful and at the same time easy to use is Extendware Free Gift Magento module. The extension’s price is just $79, while its competitor Free Gift by Amasty costs $119. Both tools are worth their money, but what solution do its job better? Share your thoughts in comments.'