We all understand that the default Magento functionality is limited, but you can always extend the boundaries with the help of third-party modules. And today, we shed light on the Shopping Cart Price Rules by Extendware. This Magento extension offers an opportunity to create lots of new promotions that you will never be able to get in case of out-of-the-box Magento. Don’t forget to check our list of other modules that provide extended discounts and advanced promotion rules: The Best Magento Extensions For Extended Discounts And Promotion Rules.'
After installing Shopping Cart Price Rules by Extendware, you will get 24 new discount actions. Don’t use outdated default promotions, because they are less effective. With the new features, you will attract much more customers. Below, you can see several discount types available in the Extendware Shopping Cart Price Rules Magento module:
- By X items and receive Y% discount for a certain product;
- Buy 1 item and get Y% off for the second one (alternatively, you can provide it for free);
- Purchase goods on $X+ during the month and get Y% discount;
- Buy X items and receive a certain product for free;
- Buy any X products from a certain category and get Y% discount for the cheapest / most expensive one;
- Save $X for every $100 spent;
- Get Y% discount for every 2nd, 3rd,…Nth product purchased;
- Get a combination of goods for $X in total;
- Get Y% discount for the whole cart after adding 3rd, 4th,…Nth product;
- Purchase X goods for normal price and get a certain item for $Y;
- All items from a certain category (subcategory) for $X.
Another important aspect of the Shopping Cart Price Rules extension by Extendware is the advanced promotions grid. The module enhances the corresponding default solution with additional actions so it is much easier to manage promotions. For instance, you get the ability to perform the following mass actions:
- enable/disable promotions;
- change their priority;
- change start/end dates in bulk;
- delete multiple promotions simultaneously.
- Simplified Promotion Management. Due to the aforementioned bulk actions, Extendware Shopping Cart PRice Rules becomes a real time-saver. Thus, you can manage your promotions in a more efficient manner.
- Lots Of Promotions. The extension adds 24 absolutely new promotion types, so you can easily create the most precise campaign that satisfies your marketing requirements.
- Special Prices. The Shopping Cart Price Rules extension allows you to exclude products with special prices from promotions, so they won’t be discounted any more.
- Specific Custom Options. It is also possible to set discounts to products that have specific custom options. To make your campaign even more precise, the extension allows you apply discounts only if a custom option value is set to a specific value.
- Multiple Stores, Currencies, and Taxes. The Extendware Shopping Cart Price Rules extension supports multiple stores, so you can use it within an unlimited number of websites within one installation. Besides, it lets you fully leverage multiple currencies and taxes for each promotion.
Let’s configure the extension first. Go to Extendware -> Manage Extensions -> Promotional Actions -> Configure. The only available setting here is Skip Special Priced Products. Set it to Disable, otherwise discounts will not be applied to products with special prices.
Now, go to Promotions -> Shopping Cart Price Rules. You can see a grid with promotions.
The aforementioned mass actions can be applied here. The available options are:
- Change status;
- Change priority;
- Change date expiry;
- Change date start;
Now, let’s look at the available promotions. Each promotion is divided into 5 tabs: Rule Information, Conditions, Actions, Labels, Manage Coupon Codes.
Under the first tab, you specify rule name and description, choose status (active or inactive), and decide for what store views and customer groups to apply the rule.
Next, you select a coupon option (No Coupon or Specific Coupon) and specify related parameters, such as coupone code (it is possible to use auto generation), uses per customer, and uses per coupon. Other options are From Date, To Date, Priority, and Public In RSS Feed (Yes/No).
In Conditions, you can make your new price rule more precise. By changing various parameters you can create a rule that will motivate customers to buy certain goods in certain quantities.
The Actions Tab is divided into 4 sections: Discount rule help information; Update prices using the following information; Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions; and Advanced settings.
The first section provides the description of the price rule, use cases, as well as some special information for fields.
The “Update prices using the following information” section let’s you choose a discount action, specify discount amount, create a product or category lists to apply the rule for, set a maximum number of applications for the rule and a maximum quantity the discount is applied to. Next, you specify discount quantity step (Buy X) and decide whether to stop further rule processing or not.
The third section is based on the same principle as the Conditions tab letting you make the discount rule more precise.
As for the Advanced Settings section, it contains the following two parameters: Stop Trigger Exceptions and Stop Rule Processing Exceptions.
Under the Labels tab, you can specify a default label for all store views as well as create unique labels for each website.
Manage Coupon Codes allows you to set the following coupon information: coupon quantity and code length, format, prefix, and suffix; frequency of dashes. Below, there is a grid with coupons (in the demo version, it is empty).
Below, you can see the example of how the extension works on frontend. Go to the Magento Red Furniture Set product. The price of all three items is $1030. Add all three to cart.
You can see that the grand total is $700, so you received a $330 discount.
24 new price cart rules essentially increase the effectiveness of your promotions. Therefore, the Extendware Shopping Cart Price Rules Magento extension is a very important tool that costs just $79. You can purchase it here:'