If you are looking for another product relation tool – several reliable solutions are already reviewed on our website: Automatic Related Products by Amasty, Automatic Related Products, Who Bought This Also Bought, and Who Viewed This Also Viewed by aheadWorks, Who Viewed This Also Viewed by Extendware – pay attention to the Extendware Frequently Bought Together Magento extension. In the following post, we shed light on how the extension works.'
There is no longer necessary to spend hours of time relating various products together. Singe your Magento website stores product order data, it can be fully leveraged automating your daily routine. Simply install Frequently Bought Together by Extendware, and the extension will utilize this information to fill in Up-sell, Cross-Sell, and Related product blocks automatically. Note that all all items will be added to the blocks on the basis of previous customer behavior, so you will essentially increase the likelihood that additional purchases will be made.
Another important aspect of the Frequently Bought Together extension is the ability to use it along with the already existing related products. Thus, hours of your work will not be wasted. Furthermore, the module allows to choose the position of already related items in each block.
- Intelligent Recommendations. With the Extendware Frequently Bought Together Magento extension, you don’t have to worry about random items in product blocks. The extension algorithm is very precise, so it shows products that are interested to your customers.
- Product Blocks. The extension is aimed at 4 types of product blocks: Related products, Up-sell products, Cross-sell products, and Checkout cross-sell products. Besides, you can create a custom block called Frequently Bought Together and fill in the existing blocks manually.
- Existing Related Products. As mentioned above, there is no need to be concerned about the existing related products, since they can be still utilized along with automatically related ones.
- Integration. If you still don’t have enough purchases, combine the module with the aforementioned Who Viewed This Also Viewed extension by Extendware and they will fill in product blocks together.
- Product limits. The Extendware Frequently Bought Together Magento module provides the ability to set a limit on a number of products displayed in each block.
- Performance. And there is no need to be afraid about the performance of your magento website that might be slowed down by the third-party module. In case of Frequently Bought Together, all data is cached, so your store works rapidly.
- Wide Range Of Data. The module utilizes a very wide range of data using the purchase history of a period before it was installed.
Below, you will find a complete Magento extension tutorial related to the configuration of the Frequently Bought Together module. Go to Extendware -> Manage Extensions -> Also Bought -> Configure and you will find two tabs there: General and Advanced. The first tab is divided into 6 sections: Related Block, Up-Sells Block, Checkout Cross-Sells Block, Cross-Sells Block, Custom Block, and Custom Sidebar Block.
Let’s look at the Related Block section. It provides the ability to enable/disable the usage of the “frequently bought together” products for the block (Enable). You can also choose a manner that existing associated products are handled (Listing Mode): Replace existing, Show existing first, Show existing last, Show only if there are no existing. Besides, it is possible to set a maximum quantity of existing associated products that will be displayed in the block (Max Existing Products). Next, choose a sort order for existing products (Existing Products Sort Order). It can be either their default position or a random order. In Max Products, set a number of products that will be displayed in the block. Next, choose a sort order for “Also Bought” products (Also Bought Product Sort Order). It can be default or random. Set a basket size – a number of products that are used to display recommendations in the block (should be larger than a number of products you are displaying). It is also necessary to set the Require In Stock option. You can either show out-of-stock products in the block or not. As for Category Filter Mode, it helps to make the selection of products more precise. Disable the option to show products from various categories.
Note that other sections have almost the same settings, so it is not necessary to waste your time describing them. As for the Advanced tab, it only lets you set a maximum number of products retrieved prior to filtering.
On the frontend, you can see the “You may also be interested in the following product(s)” block:
And the “Related Products” sidebar block:
Add a product to your cart, and you will see another block with related products called “Based on your selection, you may be interested in the following items”:
Related product management becomes a piece of cake after you install the Extendware Frequently Bought Together Magento extension. The module has an intuitive and easy to configure backend and automatically does all the magic on the frontend. The price of Frequently Bought Together is just $79 and you can purchase it here:'