By installing the Customer Activation Magento extension by Extendware, you will completely change the way customers interact with your Magento store. After registration, they should be approved by you or your admins. Note that only registered users are able to see prices, so Customer Activation provides a great opportunity to hide data from competitors or don’t show them to wholesalers until they create an account.
Every time a new account is created, the Customer Activation extension generates a new email notifying your administrators. In their turn customers are also informed about complete reпistration via an email message. Thus, the Extendware Customer Activation Magento module is a perfect tool for controlling access to your frontend and information shown there.
- Customer Restrictions. Due to the available restrictions, only logged in customers will see the full information on your store.
- Simple activation. It is only necessary to change one field on the account page to activate a new user. Alternatively, you can use mass actions.
- Notifications. As mentioned above, email notifications are sent to both admins and customers.
- Various Customer Groups. The extension can be used to limit access for certain customer groups. It means that you can show retail price to everyone, but wholesale prices will be shown to registered and approved wholesalers only.
- Multiple Stores. Besides, Extendware Customer Activation for Magento supports multiple stores, so you can easily use it only on certain store views.
To configure the module, go to Extendware -> Manage Extensions -> Customer Activation -> Configure. You can enable/disable its functionality (Status). Next, set Default Activation Status to No. You will be able to approve accounts manually. It is also recommended to enable Customer Email Notification and choose such parameters as notification sender and customer notification template. As for admin it is also better to enable them. Next, specify admin email addresses to send notifications and choose the email template. The last option allows you to select customer groups that will be able to create accounts without activation.
To activate accounts in bulk, you should:
Go to Customers -> Manage Customers;
Select all inactivated customers;
Choose “Change activation status” in the Actions dropdown, set its status to “Yes”, and click Submit.
Now, all accounts are activated. Alternatively, you can go to each account settings, open the “Account Information” tab, and change the “Activated” option to Yes.
The Extendware Customer Activation Magento extension motivates your customers to create accounts, at the same time, you get full control over them via the easy to use backend interface. Note that the module costs just $59.