The following article is dedicated to
Table of contents
- 1 Sage Intacct Brief Overview
- 2 Sage Intacct Pricing
- 3 Magento 2 Sage Intacct Integration
- 4 Sage Intacct API
- 5 Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
- 5.1 Automated Import & Export
- 5.2 Advanced Mapping Features
- 5.3 Extended Connectivity Options
- 6 Final Words
Sage Intacct Brief Overview
In this chapter, you will find the main aspects of Sage Intacct described. It sheds light on such platform’s elements as core financials, additional modules, substantial reporting opportunities, advanced planning capabilities, etc.
With Sage Intacct’s core financials, you will dramatically simplify your daily routine by automating numerous accounting processes. Besides, the platform allows reducing the use of spreadsheets so that it is no longer necessary to keep tabs on hundreds of files on your computer or in the cloud. Visibility into your business performance is another aspect of Sage Intacct. And don’t forget that it is possible to customize the cloud financial system according to your needs: configure workflows, set custom screens, improve your decision making, enhance team productivity, etc.
- General Ledger. Sage Intacct completely revamps the default general ledger utilized by other accounting systems. The platform redesigns it with many new requirements in mind providing extra flexibility, scalability, and visibility.
- Account Payable. You no longer have to be afraid of accounts payable and numerous related processes. With the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration, everything becomes a breeze. Leverage better speed and higher productivity when managing the entire accounts payable.
- Purchasing. Enhance your purchasing routine and avoid buying unnecessary items with the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration. The accounting platform brings additional visibility into this process.
- Order Management. Even order management features are a part of Sage Intacct. Thus, the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration provides the ability to handle higher order volumes. At the same time, you decrease processing complexity and get the ability to leverage various pricing structures.
- Accounts Receivable. Sage Intacct knows how to accelerate your cash cycle and improve customer satisfaction. With the improved accounts receivable routine, you get the ability to leverage multiple related features designed to simplify your daily duties.
- Cash Management. Excellent cash management is another benefit the Magento 2 Sage Intacct offers. The accounting system provides you with the complete image of your cash and working capital. At the same time, it eliminates the necessity to use spreadsheets for the same purpose. Now, you can track balances and transactions in the most user-friendly manner!
- Reports. Of course, Sage Intacct offers multiple dashboards and numerous reports. Customize them to track financial and operational data in the most suitable form.
- Collaboration. Another vital aspect of the Magento 2 Sage Intaсct integration is the ability to share data within your team. Thus, everyone can get access to metrics working on the same project.
The Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration opens precious financial capabilities due to the platform’s modular structure. You can always add more tools by enabling the necessary modules. The basic suite lets you gain enough efficiency and visibility, but it is still possible to add more advanced capabilities within a few clicks. Therefore, Sage Intacct is perfect for growing businesses.
- Multi-Everything. With Sage Intacct, you can manage numerous projects with multiple currencies, languages, and conditions. the platform is highly customizable and scalable so that it is no longer a problem to work with really complex businesses.
- Project Management. Precious project management capabilities are another substantial benefit of the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration. You can leverage the platform’s built-in tools to control project costs and revenue as well as manage everything on time. Keep your e-commerce business productive and profitable with critical business insights and metrics.
- Time & Expenses. The platform enables you to control the time and expenses spent per project. This feature is quite common among accounting software, but Sage Intacсt lets you automate everything eliminating various time and cost tasks so that it is possible to spend more effort on client goals.
- Advanced Billing. The Magento 2 Sage Intacct lets you leverage contract and subscription billing. It means that you can control the whole subscription cycle making your accounting team more efficient. Automate billing, enable subscriptions, and streamline revenue recognition with tons of the most advanced accounting systems.
- Tax Management. With Sage Intacсt, you get the ability to leverage advances tax management provided by Avatax. The third-party system is seamlessly integrated into the platform so that you can simplify your daily duties without any headaches.
- Integrated Delivery. It is also necessary to mention that Sage Intacct is seamlessly integrated with American Express providing lots of additional features for check runs.
- Inventory Management. Track, manage and estimate your stocks with the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration. The platform lets you increase the accuracy of these processes improving the customer satisfaction of your clients.
Sage Intacct is designed to provide you with the most in-depth insights into your business. At the same time, financial reporting and dashboards are quite user-friendly so that you don’t need a team of specialists to understand what’s going on there. An overview of your operational and financial performance has never been so easy!
- Unparalleled Visibility. The Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration lets you monitor data flows from various sources and split it into numerous channels dedicated to specific departments of your company. Provides investors, executives, financial analysts, and other specialists with the exact data they need.
- User-Friendly Insights. You must admit that it is hard to interpret the plain data. Luckily, you don’t need to do that with Sage Intacct. The platform already provides insights that describe the financial health of your enterprise. You only have to access reports that analyze real-time business performance by business drivers. There is no need to manage a complex chart of accounts!
- Financial & Operational Data. While most accounting systems are bound to financial data only, Sage Intacct works with operational information of your enterprise as well. Control all measures that matter to your e-commerce website achieving better performance and decision making.
- Real-Time Monitoring. The Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration enables real-time monitoring of the financial health of your enterprise. All reports are generated in real time, providing you with the ability to react to various changes rapidly.
Thus, the availability of feature-rich reporting and dashboards lets you improve the visibility of all types of performance metrics. Both financial and operational reporting has never been so easy!
Furthermore, the Magento 2 Sage Intacсt empowers you to analyze business performance according to your specific needs and drivers, simplifying your chart of accounts without any sacrifices.
The Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration introduces easy-to-use cloud budgeting and planning. You no longer have to rely on spreadsheets and outdated processes that lead unprecise plans and less efficient decision making. With Sage Intacсt, financial budgeting and planning are effective, collaborative, and strategic.
- Advanced Control. Share the latest version of your budget with all team members, see who updates the budget and when, and control what scenarios are proposed to get a better handle on your process.
- Efficient Collaboration. With the intuitive interface of the tool, all your employees can be involved in the process. Budget planning, editing, and management with multiple what-if scenarios have never been so intuitive.
- Top-Notch Security. You no longer have to store sensitive data in spreadsheets and emails. Instead, everything is available in a single, secure solution. Furthermore, you can leverage different roles to limit access to budgets and payroll for individual users or entire departments.
- Outstanding Simplicity. As we’ve already mentioned above several times, Sage Intacct is easy to use. It introduces Excel-based formulas so that you are already familiar with its nature. At the same time, the platform incorporates best practices and pre-built functionality that results in intuitive interface and navigation.
Some other features of Sage Intacct include:
- Integration. You can easily connect the accounting system to other platforms. Use Improved Import & Export for the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration. Choose business applications based on functional fit and forget about limitations caused by integration concerns.
- Configuration. With user-friendly configuration options of Sage Intacct, you can tailor the accounting to the most demanding requirements.
- Platform. There is also an additional set of tools introduced with the Sage Intacct Platform. Add new functionality to Sage Intacct to meet your unique business needs.
- Migration. Easily migrate from other accounting systems to Sage Intacct. At the same time, you can integrate the platform with various CRM or ERP systems.
- Mobile. Sage Intacct is mobile-friendly. It means that you can manage your accounting routine on the go right on a smartphone screen.
Sage Intacct Pricing
You need to request a price quote for Sage Intacct
Magento 2 Sage Intacct Integration
While it is impossible to connect Magento 2 to Sage Intacct using the default tools of both platforms, there is a solution that enables seamless integration. Meet the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension – your universal assistant when it comes to Magento 2 integrations with external systems and other Magento 2 websites. The module is designed to help you connect your Magento 2 website to Sage Intacct in a matter of minutes and without a single line of code. It is only necessary to install the extension on your digital storefront. Next, improved Import & Export will automate data transfers between Magento 2 and Sage Intacct creating a bridge between the two platforms on the basis of numerous API connections.
With the Improved Import & Export extension, you can leverage the following traits in the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration:
- Automated invoices and revenue tracking;
- Data synchronization for:
- Payment methods;
- Tax methods;
- Magento entities (all product types, orders, customers, and invoices);
- Sage Intacct entities;
- Synchronization history;
- Attributes mapping to improve the accuracy of Magento 2 data in Sage Intacct;
- Automate data transfers via schedules or triggers.
- Support for multiple stores;
- Support for various currencies.
Let’s explore several use cases to illustrate the functionality of the module in term of the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration.
When you add a new product or update an existing one, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension transfers all the corresponding data to Sage Intacct updating the accounting platform.
Order Data and Invoices
When a customer places an order on your Magento 2 website, and it is paid successfully, an invoice is created in Sage Intacct. Associated products and payments can be created as well.
When a new customer registers on your Magento 2 storefront, Improved Import & Export sends the corresponding data to Sage Intacct. When a registered customer applies changes to his/her existing account, the module transfers the data to the accounting platform.
Income tracking is another opportunity related to the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration based on Improved Import & Export. Our extension can quickly transfer income data from your e-commerce website to Sage Intacct and back.
Payment Methods Mapping
Another opportunity related to the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration is related to payment methods mapping. To enable free data transfers between the platforms, you can map them within a few clicks.
Tax Rates Mapping
The same is about tax rates: the Improved Import & Export module provides the ability to map tax rates used in Magento 2 to Sage Intacct ensuring that tax calculations are correct.
Other Use Cases
The Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration based on the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to:
- choose what entities to move between the platforms: products, orders, customers, invoices, credit memos, etc;
- use schedules or events to enable automated data transfers;
- synchronize the two systems by mapping Magento 2 attributes to ones used in Sage Intacct.
Sage Intacct API
To implement new APIs, Sage Intacct provides generic or open functions. In their turn, these functions can operate on multiple types of objects. Note that object-specific functions are labeled as legacy and are typically not enhanced.
Despite all limitations, Sage Intacсt has no plans to deprecate legacy functions. However, they are the only available functions in some specific cases.
Also, note that when the API documentation doesn’t include an object or function, it is likely not yet supported and subject to change. For further information, follow this link:
As for the Improved Import & Export extension, it relies on REST API for the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration as well as uses other API standards to exchange data between the two platform automatically in both directions.
Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
Now, when you are familiar with the main Sage Intacct features and know vital aspects of the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration, we’d like to draw your attention to the Improved Import & Export features that simplify the data synchronization between the two platforms and other external systems. Since our module completely revamps the default import and export functionality of Magento 2, you get an absolutely new way of data transfers which helps you avoid many issues associated with the built-in tools.
The default instruments don’t let you do the following things:
- Establish API connections;
- Automate data transfers;
- Map attributes;
- Import/export all entities.
As a result, it is necessary to repeat numerous processes every time a data transfer between Magento 2 and Sage Intacct is required. Usually, you have to recreate changes applied to your e-commerce store in an accounting system manually. Since the integration requires multiple updates per day, it turns into a waste of time. But we offer a more reliable solution.
The Improved Import & Export extension lets you effortlessly transfer all information from Magento 2 to Sage Intacct and back. All processes are automated so that you can relax while the plugin transfers data, matches different external attributes and their values from one system to another, leverages multiple API connections in the integration working with all entities. The Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration becomes a piece of cake with our module.
Automated Import & Export
The Sage Intacct Magento 2 integration is a continuous process that requires advanced automation. And Improved Import & Export provides the ability to avoid daily duties related to data transfers via schedules and event-based triggers which entirely automate them.
Schedules represent the most intuitive and straightforward way of automation in different data transfers including the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration. The flow of information between the two systems is based on cron. You specify a time interval and the extension imports/exports updates according to it letting you create fully independent import and export jobs with several different options:
- custom intervals,
- customizable, predefined update schemes,
- profiles with no schedules (which are suitable for maintaining such tasks as migration to Magento 2),
- and asynchronous data transfers (launch every scheduled profile manually whenever you want).
Event-based triggers are another huge improvement provided by the Improved Import & Export extension. They introduce a more flexible approach to the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration exchanging data in real time. Use the following algorithm to automate data transfers between the two systems:
- Create a trigger;
- Connect it to an event;
- Link an action to a trigger to launch it automatically.
Thus, transferring data to Sage Intacct with the help of a trigger dramatically simplifies the integration. When something happens in Magento 2, the plugin transfers the corresponding data to the accounting platform.
For instance, a customer creates an account on your website; the extension rapidly provides the corresponding data to Sage Intacct. The Magento 2 Sage Intacct Integration Add-On for Improved Import & Export will help you forget about creating similar schemes manually! Follow the link below for more information regarding triggers: How to Run Magento 2 Import or Export After Specific System Event or Process.
Advanced Mapping Features
Map Sage Intacct attributes to ones used in Magento 2 and vice versa to enable automated data transfers between the two systems. The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension radically simplifies the Sage Intacct Magento 2 integration in terms of attributes and their values with the help of the following features:
Use our module to solve the problem of different attribute standards without headaches and enable the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration in the most intuitive way with mapping presets – predefined mapping schemes that eliminate manual attributes matching.
You no longer need to look for unsupported attributes and fix them. Our extension performs all the necessary improvements automatically. It analyzes the input data file transferred from Sage Intacct, discovers third-party attributes, and matches them to the ones used in Magento. As for export processes, Magento 2 Sage Intacct Integration Add-One for Improved Import & Export knows what attributes are required by the accounting system and modifies ones utilized in Magento according to the rules of the external platform. You only need to select a matching scheme suitable for your migration:
Importing/exporting data between Sage Intacct and Magento 2 can also be based on manual attributes mapping right in the Magento admin! The Improved Import & Export module provides a unique matching interface which offers full control over the process: you specify external (internal) attributes and link them to the corresponding internal (external) ones in a particular grid enabling the data transfer. Here is how everything works:
Attribute Values Mapping
The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension offers a separate interface for attribute values mapping that provides the ability to simplify the Magento 2 Sage Intacct synchronization and automate it entirely. With our plugin, third-party designations will no longer interrupt transfers from Sage Intacсt to Magento 2 since you can choose an external value and specify its replacement. Repeat the procedure until all third-party designations are mapped to ones utilized in Magento 2. Note that the created schemes are saved and applied for further updates. For more details, read this article: Attribute Values Mapping.
Attribute Values Editing
If attribute values mapping is not enough, you can rely on attribute values editing. Transferring data from Sage Intacct or other systems to Magento 2 can be automated with the ability to modify attribute values in bulk. Use the following rules:
- Add a prefix to multiple attribute values;
- Add a suffix to numerous attribute values;
- Split various attribute values;
- Merge many attribute values.
Note that you can combine them and create conditions increasing the efficiency of the applied changes. You can find more information in this article: How to Modify Attribute Values During Import and Export in Magento 2.
You won’t use category mapping in the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration. However, it dramatically simplifies other connection. The feature significantly simplifies product data transfers from external systems to Magento 2.
You can match external categories to ones used internally reducing the number of difficulties that usually occur when products are transferred from other platforms to Magento 2. The Improved Import & Export module allows mapping external product categories to ones used in your catalog as follows:
To create new categories right in the import job, choose a parent category and specify a new one that will be generated automatically. Thus, the extension will link products to it during the import process. If your Magento 2 website doesn’t include a category from an imported file, it’s no longer a problem. You can find more information about this feature here: Category Mapping.
Attributes On The Fly
And if a data file provided from an external system lacks attributes, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension lets you create them on the fly via the following general form:
The feature is described here in more detail: Product attributes import.
Extended Connectivity Options
The fundamental aspect of the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension that enables the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration, as well as multiple other connections, is support for additional connectivity options. Designed to improve all data transfers and make the seamless Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration possible, they include multiple file formats and two alternative ways of transferring data between your e-commerce store and external systems. As for Sage Intacct, the REST API standard is utilized as a first way of the integration.
Multiple File Standards
Although the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration cannot be based on data files, you can leverage them in other integrations. The Improved Import & Export extension supports CSV, XML, JSON, ODS, and Excel as well as unpacks file archives automatically while the default tools work with uncompressed CSV files only!
Multiple File Sources
The following file sources can be leveraged to import and export data files between Magento 2 and external systems:
- FTP/SFTP. Transfer data files using a local or remote server.
- Dropbox. Use a Dropbox account to establish a connection between the two systems. Alternatively, you can rely on Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, and Amazon Drive.
- URL. A direct URL can be used to import a data file as well.
Alternative Ways of Import & Export
As for the alternative ways of import and export, they are not represented in Magento 2 by default. However, direct API connections enable the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration. As we’ve just mentioned, the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to leverage REST for the Magento 2 Sage Intacct synchronization as well as other APIs if necessary. In addition to the standard mentioned above, our plugin works with SOAP and GraphQL.
Note that all API connections are fully compatible with the extension’s features. As a result, you can leverage mapping, schedules, and attributes on the fly while transferring data from Magento 2 to Sage Intacct via REST API.
As for the intermediary services, the extension allows using Google Sheets, Office 365 Excel, and Zoho Sheet. Note that you cannot utilize them for the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration, but other connections can be established with the help of various online sheets. The following image shows how to use Google Sheets to move data to Magento 2:
The video below displays other details of our extension:
Sage Intacct is a robust accounting tool designed for big and rapidly growing businesses. Due to its modular nature, you can tailor the platform according to your changing needs. As for the Magento 2 Sage Intacct integration, it is a seamless process if you use the Improved Import & Export extension. The module allows connecting your online storefront to the accounting software via API automating various routine processes. For further information, follow the link below and contact our support: