We’ve already reviewed a bunch of accounting software solutions, and today, it is time to continue our exploration. Meet
Table of contents
- 1 myBooks Overview
- 2 Magento 2 myBooks Integration
- 3 myBooks API
- 4 Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
- 4.1 Automated Import & Export
- 4.2 Advanced Mapping Features
- 4.3 Extended Connectivity Options
- 5 Final Words
Being a leading technology provider, the myBooks accounting platform provides the latest features combined with top-notch security and responsive support. Let’s take a look at its features and then proceed to benefits.
- Intuitive accounting. The purpose of every similar software solution is to make accounting more user-friendly and straightforward. As for myBooks, it is created with small businesses in mind, meaning that the platform’s interface is intuitive as much as possible. You don’t need a third-party specialist to figure out how everything works within your account. It perfectly matches the simplicity of our favorite e-commerce platform, making the Magento 2 myBooks integration a desirable improvement to your business.
- Enterprise Level Security. Although myBooks is designed for small and midsize businesses, it offers an enterprise level of data protection. Thus, you get a top-notch level security embedded at every level and backed by backups.
- Bank Feeds. The Magento 2 myBooks integration lets you integrate your bank feeds into accounting processes automating the data exchange. The system imports all the necessary transactions passing all barriers.
- Multiple Currencies. At the same time, the Magento 2 myBooks integration perfectly suits international businesses. Support for various currencies is provided by both systems so that you can trade with foreign customers without headaches.
- Simple Invoicing. The Magento 2 myBooks integration improved the default invoicing functionality of your online storefront. You can design professionally-looking docs as well as automate their creation. Don’t forget to leverage templates available in the platform’s intuitive interface.
- Easy-To-Understand Insights. With the platform’s advanced dashboard, you can quickly get the most in-depth insights into the financial health of your business. The dashboard section of your account provides all the necessary information in the most user-friendly form. Thus, you can make well-informed business decisions.
- User-Friendly Configuration. No third-party specialists are necessary to set up your myBooks account. Furthermore, you can easily configure it customizing the provided features according to your business needs. And with the following Magento 2 myBooks integration, the data exchange between the two systems becomes entirely automated.
- Friendly Support. If you have any questions regarding the Magento 2 Zetran integration, you can always rely on the system’s friendly support. Contact the platform’s specialist by email or call to get answers to your questions.
myBooks perfectly suits entrepreneurs, accountants, small IT, and financial companies, as well as freelancers. It provides them with the following benefits:
- Ultimate Growth. The myBooks software solution not only grows with your business but also helps your business grow. It automates multiple processes, such as handling of invoices, expenses, and bills, providing you with lots of time that can be leveraged to expand your company. Thus, the Magento 2 myBooks integration eliminates most frequent loopholes of the default accounting routine.
- Advanced Accessibility. The cloud nature of the accounting platform makes the Magento 2 myBooks even more attractive. You can not only leverage the robust functionality but also work remotely on any device. Moreover, all your employees can be connected to the same system sharing data between each other. myBooks provides everyone in a team with the latest updates and the most in-depth insights. It is only necessary to connect your device to the Internet.
- Dashboard Supremacy. Easily monitor all accounting indicators, such as earnings, expenses, tax summaries, with the Magento 2 myBooks integration. The platform lets you keep tabs on all critical financial processes on any device, anytime, and anywhere.
- Reconciliation Functionality. The Magento 2 Zetran myBooks integration offers robust reconciliation functionality. Thus, you can effortlessly stay on top of bank transactions and cash summaries in real time. Furthermore, all related processes can be automated.
- Flexibility & Security. As we’ve already mentioned, myBooks is flexible enough to grow with your business. At the same time, it is secure like every enterprise-level software solution.
- Mobile Apps. You can run your business right from a smartphone screen with Android and iOS apps provided by the platform. Mac and PC versions of the accounting software are available as well.
- Support. The support team of myBooks is always willing to help you. Besides, you can find answers to your questions in a broad knowledge base!
In comparison to other similar software systems, myBooks is very inexpensive. You can leverage the following free plans:
- Free. This plan lets you test the software. Although it has numerous limitations, you can still leverage its essential features. The plan is limited to 25 contacts, 1 user, and 100 transactions per month.
- Standard. For $4.99 per month, you can increase the number of contacts up to 250, provide access to 3 users, and run up to 1000 transactions. A single bank feed can be enabled. Besides, the Magento 2 myBooks integration can incorporate purchase orders.
- Premium. For $9.99 per month, you can leverage unlimited contacts, users, bank feeds, and transactions. Purchase orders are enabled as well!
Magento 2 myBooks Integration
Unfortunately, you cannot use the default tools to connect Magento 2 to myBooks, but there is a solution that enables seamless integration. Meet the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension – a universal tool that allows numerous Magento 2 integrations with external systems and other Magento 2 websites. The module is designed to help you connect your Magento 2 website to myBooks in a matter of minutes. And you can achieve this goal without a single line of code! It is only necessary to install the extension on your e-commerce website and let is automate data transfers between Magento 2 and myBooks. Improved Import & Export creates a bridge between the two platforms based on API connections.
The Improved Import & Export extension lets you leverage the following enhancements to run the Magento 2 myBooks integration seamlessly:
- Automated invoices and revenue tracking;
- Data synchronization for:
- Payment methods;
- Tax methods;
- Magento entities (all product types, orders, customers, and invoices);
- myBooks entities;
- Synchronization history;
- Attributes mapping to improve the accuracy of Magento 2 data in myBooks;
- Automate data transfers via schedules or triggers.
- Support for multiple stores;
- Support for various currencies.
Let’s explore several use cases to illustrate the functionality of the plugin from the perspective of the Magento 2 myBooks integration. Note that if myBooks does not support some of the following entities, you can still leverage the described processes for integration with other systems.
When you add a new product or update an existing one, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension transfers all the corresponding data to myBooks updating the accounting platform.
Order Data and Invoices
When a customer places an order on your Magento 2 website, and it is paid successfully, an invoice is created in myBooks. Associated products and payments can be created as well.
When a new customer registers on your Magento 2 storefront, Improved Import & Export sends the corresponding data to myBooks. When a registered customer applies changes to his/her existing account, the module transfers the data to the accounting platform.
Income tracking is another opportunity related to the Magento 2 myBooks integration based on Improved Import & Export. Our extension can quickly transfer income data from your e-commerce website to myBooks and back.
Payment Methods Mapping
Another opportunity related to the Magento 2 myBooks integration is related to payment methods mapping. To enable free data transfers between the platforms, you can map them within a few clicks.
Tax Rates Mapping
The same is about tax rates: the Improved Import & Export module provides the ability to map tax rates used in Magento 2 to myBooks, ensuring that tax calculations are correct.
Other Use Cases
The Magento 2 myBooks integration based on the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to:
- choose what entities to move between the platforms: products, orders, customers, invoices, etc;
- use schedules or events to enable automated data transfers;
- synchronize the two systems by mapping Magento 2 attributes to ones used in myBooks.
myBooks provides programmatic access to your organization’s information via API. But you should be familiar with software development and the user interface of myBooks to leverage this approach. It is quite hard to manage everything by yourself, but there is no need to do that since we’ve already created a perfect bridge for data transfers which incorporates API integrations.
There is no limit to what you can do with the Improved Import & Export extension and the Magento 2 myBooks integration. The module uses the REST API to connect your e-commerce website to external systems, but it can also leverage SOAP or other standards if necessary. To enable the Magento 2 myBooks integration, the module creates multiple API connections, exchanging all entities between the two systems.
Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
We’ve already explored the accounting platform as well as some essential nuances of the Magento 2 myBooks integration. Therefore, let’s take a look at the Improved Import & Export features that simplify the data synchronization between the two systems. Since our extension completely revamps the default import and export functionality of the platform, you get an absolutely new way of data transfers, which helps you avoid many issues associated with the built-in tools.
The default instruments don’t let you do the following things:
- Establish API connections;
- Automate data transfers;
- Map attributes;
- Import/export all entities.
As a result, it is necessary to repeat numerous processes every time a data transfer between Magento 2 and myBooks is required. Usually, you have to recreate changes applied to your e-commerce store in an accounting system manually. Since the integration requires multiple updates per day, it turns into a waste of time. But we offer a more reliable solution.
The Improved Import & Export extension allows transferring all information from Magento 2 to myBooks and back. Note that all processes are automated: relax while the plugin transfers data, matches different external attributes and their values from one system to another, leverages multiple API connections in the integration working with all entities. The Magento 2 myBooks integration becomes a breeze with our module.
Automated Import & Export
The myBooks Magento 2 integration is a continuous process that requires advanced automation. And Improved Import & Export provides the ability to avoid daily duties related to data transfers via schedules and event-based triggers, which entirely automate them.
Schedules represent the most intuitive and straightforward way of automation in different data transfers, including the Magento 2 myBooks integration. The flow of information between the two systems is based on cron. You specify a time interval and the extension imports/exports updates according to it letting you create fully independent import and export jobs with several different options:
- custom intervals,
- customizable, predefined update schemes,
- profiles with no schedules (which are suitable for maintaining such tasks as migration to Magento 2),
- and asynchronous data transfers (launch every scheduled profile manually whenever you want).
Event-based triggers are another huge improvement provided by the Improved Import & Export extension. They introduce a more flexible approach to the Magento 2 myBooks integration exchanging data in real time. Use the following algorithm to automate data transfers between the two systems:
- Create a trigger;
- Connect it to an event;
- Link an action to a trigger to launch it automatically.
Thus, transferring data to myBooks with the help of a trigger dramatically simplifies the integration. When something happens in Magento 2, the plugin transfers the corresponding data to the accounting platform.
For instance, a customer creates an account on your website; the extension rapidly provides the corresponding data to myBooks. The Magento 2 myBooks Integration Add-On for Improved Import & Export will help you forget about creating similar schemes manually! Follow the link below for more information regarding triggers: How to Run Magento 2 Import or Export After Specific System Event or Process.
Advanced Mapping Features
Map myBooks attributes to ones used in Magento 2 and vice versa to enable automated data transfers between the two systems. The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension radically simplifies the myBooks Magento 2 integration in terms of attributes and their values with the help of the following features:
Use our module to solve the problem of different attribute standards without headaches and enable the Magento 2 myBooks integration in the most intuitive way with mapping presets – predefined mapping schemes that eliminate manual attributes matching.
You no longer need to look for unsupported attributes and fix them. Our extension performs all the necessary improvements automatically. It analyzes the input data file transferred from myBooks, discovers third-party attributes, and matches them to the ones used in Magento. As for export processes, Magento 2 myBooks Integration Add-One for Improved Import & Export knows what attributes are required by the accounting system and modifies ones utilized in Magento according to the rules of the external platform. You only need to select a matching scheme suitable for your migration:
Importing/exporting data between myBooks and Magento 2 can also be based on manual attributes mapping right in the Magento admin! The Improved Import & Export module provides a unique matching interface which offers full control over the process: you specify external (internal) attributes and link them to the corresponding internal (external) ones in a particular grid enabling the data transfer. Here is how everything works:
Attribute Values Mapping
The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension offers a separate interface for attribute values mapping that provides the ability to simplify the Magento 2 myBooks synchronization and automate it entirely. With our plugin, third-party designations will no longer interrupt transfers from myBooks to Magento 2 since you can choose an external value and specify its replacement. Repeat the procedure until all third-party designations are mapped to ones utilized in Magento 2. Note that the created schemes are saved and applied for further updates. For more details, read this article: Attribute Values Mapping.
Attribute Values Editing
If attribute values mapping is not enough, you can rely on attribute values editing. Transferring data from myBooks or other systems to Magento 2 can be automated with the ability to modify attribute values in bulk. Use the following rules:
- Add a prefix to multiple attribute values;
- Add a suffix to numerous attribute values;
- Split various attribute values;
- Merge many attribute values.
Note that you can combine them and create conditions increasing the efficiency of the applied changes. You can find more information in this article: How to Modify Attribute Values During Import and Export in Magento 2.
You won’t use category mapping in the Magento 2 myBooks integration. However, it dramatically simplifies other connection. You can match external categories to ones used internally, reducing the number of difficulties that usually occur when products are transferred from other platforms to Magento 2. The Improved Import & Export module allows mapping external product categories to ones used in your catalog as follows:
To create new categories right in the import job, choose a parent category, and specify a new one that will be generated automatically. Thus, the extension will link products to it during the import process. If your Magento 2 website doesn’t include a category from an imported file, it’s no longer a problem. You can find more information about this feature here: Category Mapping.
Attributes On The Fly
And if a data file provided from an external system lacks attributes, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension lets you create them on the fly via the following general form:
The feature is described here in more detail: Product attributes import.
Extended Connectivity Options
The fundamental aspect of the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension that enables the Magento 2 myBooks integration, as well as multiple other connections, is support for additional connectivity options. Designed to improve all data transfers and make the seamless Magento 2 myBooks integration possible, they include numerous file formats and two alternative ways of transferring data between your e-commerce store and external systems. As for myBooks, the REST API standard is utilized as a first way of the integration.
Multiple File Standards
Although the Magento 2 myBooks integration cannot be based on data files, you can leverage them in other integrations. The Improved Import & Export extension supports CSV, XML, JSON, ODS, and Excel as well as unpacks file archives automatically while the default tools work with uncompressed CSV files only!
Multiple File Sources
The following file sources can be leveraged to import and export data files between Magento 2 and external systems:
- FTP/SFTP. Transfer data files using a local or remote server.
- Dropbox. Use a Dropbox account to establish a connection between the two systems. Alternatively, you can rely on Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, and Amazon Drive.
- URL. A direct URL can be used to import a data file as well.
Alternative Ways of Import & Export
Note that the alternative ways of import and export are not represented in Magento 2 by default. However, direct API connections are the only way to enable the Magento 2 myBooks integration.
As we’ve mentioned above, the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to leverage REST for the Magento 2 myBooks synchronization as well as other APIs if necessary. For instance, our module also works with SOAP (which is deprecated in the case of myBooks) and GraphQL.
Note that all API connections support other extension’s features so that you can leverage mapping, schedules, and attributes on the fly while transferring data from Magento 2 to myBooks via REST API.
As for the intermediary services, you can rely on Google Sheets, Office 365 Excel, and Zoho Sheet transferring data to your e-commerce store. Although it is impossible to utilize them for the Magento 2 myBooks integration, other connections can be established with the help of various online sheets. The following image shows how to use Google Sheets to move data to Magento 2:
The video below displays other details of our extension:
myBooks is a budget-friendly and at the same time feature-rich accounting solution. You can use it to automate numerous processes related to your finances. Save lots of time with the Magento 2 myBooks integration since it opens almost endless opportunities related to data transfers between the two systems. As a result, you get the ability to enhance other aspects of your business. It is only necessary to install the Improved Import & Export extension. Follow the link below and contact our support for further information.'