Below, we shed light on another user-friendly accounting software solution aimed at small merchants. Meet
Table of contents
- 1 Kashoo Overview
- 2 Magento 2 Kashoo Integration
- 3 Kashoo API
- 4 Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
- 4.1 Automated Import & Export
- 4.2 Advanced Mapping Features
- 4.3 Extended Connectivity Options
- 5 Final Words
Designed for small business owners, the platform offers an intuitive interface with lots of useful features. Let’s take a look at the most significant ones.
- Expense Tracking. As a Magento 2 merchant, you always make business purchases and have to track expenses manually. However, the Magento 2 Kashoo integration lets you add receipts to the accounting system within a few clicks. You only have to take a photo of a receipt or attach a file. Also, note that it is possible to add repeating expenses. Besides, the system enables unpaid bills management, supplier statements management, and check printing. Start tracking your expenses with ease!
- Advanced Invoicing. You don’t like the default Magento 2 invoices, do you? The Magento 2 Kashoo integration lets you replace the standard mechanism of invoice creation with a redefined algorithm which supports customization. Thus, you can bill clients faster with professionally-looking documents that match your brand. Kashoo lets you add a logo, include payment instructions, use design templates, and apply other customizations. At the same time, the platform provides the ability to email invoices right from the accounting system. You can effortlessly manage unpaid invoices as well as add repeating ones. As for client statements, you can create and print them with Kashoo.
- Robust Reporting. With the Magento 2 Kashoo integration, you can get in-depth insights into your business. The platform offers all the standard financial reports necessary for making smart business decisions. The first group includes Income Statement, General Ledger, Balance Sheet, and Trial Balance. Next, you can leverage Project Tracking reports. Sales Tax Summary is another clue to the financial health of your enterprise. Note that you can filter all these and other reports by date, project, client, or supplier. Furthermore, the platform offers comparisons: month-to-month, year-to-year, etc. And there is a reliable export functionality that lets you create output in PDF, Excel, Google, and other formats. Thus, you can easily share exported data with third-party specialists.
- Credit Card Payments. With the Magento 2 Kashoo integration, you can transfer payments to the accounting system. The platform enables you to sort and categorize all your transactions and fees automatically. You can instantly accept credit cards and get payment notifications. Automatic deposits into your bank account are supported! And there are no hidden fees, so you don’t need to be afraid regarding additional expenditures. Integrations with Stripe and BluePay are the other two benefits the system offers.
- Bank Integration. Since Kashoo is integrated with more than 5 thousand banks all over the world, you will save lots of time importing your bank transactions automatically and connecting multiple feeds to the system. The integration with banks also lets you check the status and last refresh date as well as enables faster reconciliation. And there is no need to worry about the security issues since all data is encrypted.
- On-the-go Management. Kashoo offers a mobile application allowing you to create invoices, capture receipts, and track sales right on your smartphone screen. Doing all these tasks has never been so easy!
Ease of Use
Like other accounting systems, Kashoo is easy to set up and use. You need to specify some information about your business to tailor the software according to industry-specific requirements. Next, a popup box will inform you how the dashboard works – don’t miss it to become familiar with all the unique features of Kashoo.
While most accounting platforms use a dashboard to display graphs and charts, Kashoo introduces a slightly different approach. The platform offers the Workspace – a place with quick-entry fields for income and expenses. At the same time, you will easily find a section with quick reports, which contains a summary of your accounts, invoices, bills, and taxes. After a brief exploration, you will be familiar with how everything is organized.
Kashoo is a time-saving platform. Designed to be simple and intuitive, it offers all the tools and features necessary to accomplish accounting tasks quickly or automate them entirely. For instance, recurring invoices help you streamline subscriptions and recurring orders.
And due to mobile support, you can manage invoices, upload pictures of receipts and view reports anytime, anywhere.
The simplified procedure of accepting invoice payments right in Kashoo’s credit card processing service or via Square, Stripe, or BluePay is another time-saving feature of the platform.
At the same time, the Magento 2 Kashoo integration offers broad opportunities when it comes to bank reconciliation. Since the platform is integrated with banks, it dramatically simplifies the process.
Rich productivity improvements are based on the ability to track bills, manage vendors and products, generate reports, track costs and income for specific projects, customize invoices, etc. Multiple integrations also help you improve your daily workflow. You can freely connect your Kashoo account to different payment platforms as well as Square, FreshBooks, and Paychex.
The number of users that can be connected to Kashoo is unlimited. Note that you can assign different roles to them keeping the stored data more securely. Also, multiple businesses can be added to one account accessible via a single-user login.
A customer support team is available by phone, email, or live chat. Note that it works five days a week from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST.
Let’s find out the weak points of using Kashoo. The system lacks the following features:
- pre-invoice documents. The system doesn’t work with sales orders, quotes, and estimates.
- time tracking. You can still manage multiple projects but tracking time is impossible.
- inventory tracking. This feature is often represented on other accounting platforms, but Kashoo is an exception.
- automatic payment reminders. Therefore, you still need to use a calendar app to do everything on time.
- Android application. You can manage various accounting tasks on-the-go only with iOS devices.
It is also worth mentioning that invoice customization lacks some features. For instance, you cannot change fonts or colors as well as toggle fields on and off. However, more advanced customizations require XHTML and CSS knowledge.
Kashoo offers just one pricing plan. You start using the platform for free for 14 days and then have to pay $19.95 per month of only $199 per year. Let’s take a look at what’s included in the package.
During the first 14 days and after the trial period, you can track income and expenses, accept payments and create invoices, capture and organize receipts, leverage sales and sales tax tracking, view reports, print checks, manage bills, and track items. Numerous users and projects can be involved. Furthermore, you can use multiple currencies. Similar options by QuickBooks cost about $720 per year. FreshBooks and Xero offer the same opportunities for $540 per year. Thus, Kashoo is not only a robust accounting platform – it is also much cheaper than its key competitors.
Magento 2 Kashoo Integration
You cannot use the default tools to connect Magento 2 to Kashoo, but there is a solution that enables seamless integration. Meet the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension – a universal tool that allows numerous Magento 2 integrations with external systems and other Magento 2 websites. The module is designed to help you connect your Magento 2 website to Kashoo in a matter of minutes and without a single line of code. It is only necessary to install the extension on your e-commerce website. Next, Improved Import & Export will automate data transfers between Magento 2 and Kashoo creating a bridge between the two platforms on the basis of API connections.
The Improved Import & Export extension lets you leverage the following enhancements to run the Magento 2 Kashoo integration seamlessly:
- Automated invoices and revenue tracking;
- Data synchronization for:
- Payment methods;
- Tax methods;
- Magento entities (all product types, orders, customers, and invoices);
- Kashoo entities;
- Synchronization history;
- Attributes mapping to improve the accuracy of Magento 2 data in Kashoo;
- Automate data transfers via schedules or triggers.
- Support for multiple stores;
- Support for various currencies.
Let’s explore several use cases to illustrate the functionality of the plugin from the perspective of the Magento 2 Kashoo integration.
When you add a new product or update an existing one, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension transfers all the corresponding data to Kashoo updating the accounting platform.
Order Data and Invoices
When a customer places an order on your Magento 2 website, and it is paid successfully, an invoice is created in Kashoo. Associated products and payments can be created as well.
When a new customer registers on your Magento 2 storefront, Improved Import & Export sends the corresponding data to Kashoo. When a registered customer applies changes to his/her existing account, the module transfers the data to the accounting platform.
Income tracking is another opportunity related to the Magento 2 Kashoo integration based on Improved Import & Export. Our extension can quickly transfer income data from your e-commerce website to Kashoo and back.
Payment Methods Mapping
Another opportunity related to the Magento 2 Kashoo integration is related to payment methods mapping. To enable free data transfers between the platforms, you can map them within a few clicks.
Tax Rates Mapping
The same is about tax rates: the Improved Import & Export module provides the ability to map tax rates used in Magento 2 to Kashoo ensuring that tax calculations are correct.
Other Use Cases
The Magento 2 Kashoo integration based on the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to:
- choose what entities to move between the platforms: products, orders, customers, invoices, etc;
- use schedules or events to enable automated data transfers;
- synchronize the two systems by mapping Magento 2 attributes to ones used in Kashoo.
Kashoo provides a comprehensive API for integrating it with other systems. Note that the Kashoo SOAP API is already deprecated. However, the endpoints remain live, and you can still find the documentation. As for the new connections, they must be built on top of the REST API.
The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension uses REST API to connect your e-commerce website to the accounting platform. If other standards are required, it will also incorporate them. To enable the Magento 2 Kashoo integration, the module creates multiple API connections, exchanging all entities between the two systems.
Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
We’ve already explored the accounting platform as well as some essential nuances of the Magento 2 Kashoo integration. Therefore, let’s take a look at the Improved Import & Export features that simplify the data synchronization between the two systems. Since our extension completely revamps the default import and export functionality of the platform, you get an absolutely new way of data transfers which helps you avoid many issues associated with the built-in tools.
The default instruments don’t let you do the following things:
- Establish API connections;
- Automate data transfers;
- Map attributes;
- Import/export all entities.
As a result, it is necessary to repeat numerous processes every time a data transfer between Magento 2 and Kashoo is required. Usually, you have to recreate changes applied to your e-commerce store in an accounting system manually. Since the integration requires multiple updates per day, it turns into a waste of time. But we offer a more reliable solution.
The Improved Import & Export extension allows transferring all information from Magento 2 to Kashoo and back. Note that all processes are automated: relax while the plugin transfers data, matches different external attributes and their values from one system to another, leverages multiple API connections in the integration working with all entities. The Magento 2 Kashoo integration becomes a breeze with our module.
Automated Import & Export
The Kashoo Magento 2 integration is a continuous process that requires advanced automation. And Improved Import & Export provides the ability to avoid daily duties related to data transfers via schedules and event-based triggers which entirely automate them.
Schedules represent the most intuitive and straightforward way of automation in different data transfers including the Magento 2 Kashoo integration. The flow of information between the two systems is based on cron. You specify a time interval and the extension imports/exports updates according to it letting you create fully independent import and export jobs with several different options:
- custom intervals,
- customizable, predefined update schemes,
- profiles with no schedules (which are suitable for maintaining such tasks as migration to Magento 2),
- and asynchronous data transfers (launch every scheduled profile manually whenever you want).
Event-based triggers are another huge improvement provided by the Improved Import & Export extension. They introduce a more flexible approach to the Magento 2 Kashoo integration exchanging data in real time. Use the following algorithm to automate data transfers between the two systems:
- Create a trigger;
- Connect it to an event;
- Link an action to a trigger to launch it automatically.
Thus, transferring data to Kashoo with the help of a trigger dramatically simplifies the integration. When something happens in Magento 2, the plugin transfers the corresponding data to the accounting platform.
For instance, a customer creates an account on your website; the extension rapidly provides the corresponding data to Kashoo. The Magento 2 Kashoo Integration Add-On for Improved Import & Export will help you forget about creating similar schemes manually! Follow the link below for more information regarding triggers: How to Run Magento 2 Import or Export After Specific System Event or Process.
Advanced Mapping Features
Map Kashoo attributes to ones used in Magento 2 and vice versa to enable automated data transfers between the two systems. The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension radically simplifies the Kashoo Magento 2 integration in terms of attributes and their values with the help of the following features:
Use our module to solve the problem of different attribute standards without headaches and enable the Magento 2 Kashoo integration in the most intuitive way with mapping presets – predefined mapping schemes that eliminate manual attributes matching.
You no longer need to look for unsupported attributes and fix them. Our extension performs all the necessary improvements automatically. It analyzes the input data file transferred from Kashoo, discovers third-party attributes, and matches them to the ones used in Magento. As for export processes, Magento 2 Kashoo Integration Add-One for Improved Import & Export knows what attributes are required by the accounting system and modifies ones utilized in Magento according to the rules of the external platform. You only need to select a matching scheme suitable for your migration:
Importing/exporting data between Kashoo and Magento 2 can also be based on manual attributes mapping right in the Magento admin! The Improved Import & Export module provides a unique matching interface which offers full control over the process: you specify external (internal) attributes and link them to the corresponding internal (external) ones in a particular grid enabling the data transfer. Here is how everything works:
Attribute Values Mapping
The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension offers a separate interface for attribute values mapping that provides the ability to simplify the Magento 2 Kashoo synchronization and automate it entirely. With our plugin, third-party designations will no longer interrupt transfers from Kashoo to Magento 2 since you can choose an external value and specify its replacement. Repeat the procedure until all third-party designations are mapped to ones utilized in Magento 2. Note that the created schemes are saved and applied for further updates. For more details, read this article: Attribute Values Mapping.
Attribute Values Editing
If attribute values mapping is not enough, you can rely on attribute values editing. Transferring data from Kashoo or other systems to Magento 2 can be automated with the ability to modify attribute values in bulk. Use the following rules:
- Add a prefix to multiple attribute values;
- Add a suffix to numerous attribute values;
- Split various attribute values;
- Merge many attribute values.
Note that you can combine them and create conditions increasing the efficiency of the applied changes. You can find more information in this article: How to Modify Attribute Values During Import and Export in Magento 2.
You won’t use category mapping in the Magento 2 Kashoo integration. However, it dramatically simplifies other connection. You can match external categories to ones used internally reducing the number of difficulties that usually occur when products are transferred from other platforms to Magento 2. The Improved Import & Export module allows mapping external product categories to ones used in your catalog as follows:
To create new categories right in the import job, choose a parent category and specify a new one that will be generated automatically. Thus, the extension will link products to it during the import process. If your Magento 2 website doesn’t include a category from an imported file, it’s no longer a problem. You can find more information about this feature here: Category Mapping.
Attributes On The Fly
And if a data file provided from an external system lacks attributes, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension lets you create them on the fly via the following general form:
The feature is described here in more detail: Product attributes import.
Extended Connectivity Options
The fundamental aspect of the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension that enables the Magento 2 Kashoo integration, as well as multiple other connections, is support for additional connectivity options. Designed to improve all data transfers and make the seamless Magento 2 Kashoo integration possible, they include numerous file formats and two alternative ways of transferring data between your e-commerce store and external systems. As for Kashoo, the REST API standard is utilized as a first way of the integration.
Multiple File Standards
Although the Magento 2 Kashoo integration cannot be based on data files, you can leverage them in other integrations. The Improved Import & Export extension supports CSV, XML, JSON, ODS, and Excel as well as unpacks file archives automatically while the default tools work with uncompressed CSV files only!
Multiple File Sources
The following file sources can be leveraged to import and export data files between Magento 2 and external systems:
- FTP/SFTP. Transfer data files using a local or remote server.
- Dropbox. Use a Dropbox account to establish a connection between the two systems. Alternatively, you can rely on Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, and Amazon Drive.
- URL. A direct URL can be used to import a data file as well.
Alternative Ways of Import & Export
Note that the alternative ways of import and export are not represented in Magento 2 by default. However, direct API connections are the only way to enable the Magento 2 Kashoo integration.
As we’ve mentioned above, the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to leverage REST for the Magento 2 Kashoo synchronization as well as other APIs if necessary. For instance, our module also works with SOAP (which is deprecated in the case of Kashoo) and GraphQL.
Note that all API connections support other extension’s features so that you can leverage mapping, schedules, and attributes on the fly while transferring data from Magento 2 to Kashoo via REST API.
As for the intermediary services, you can rely on Google Sheets, Office 365 Excel, and Zoho Sheet transferring data to your e-commerce store. Although it is impossible to utilize them for the Magento 2 Kashoo integration, other connections can be established with the help of various online sheets. The following image shows how to use Google Sheets to move data to Magento 2:
The video below displays other details of our extension:
Kashoo is a perfect accounting system for small businesses. Although it lacks some features, the platform offers all the necessary functionalities at a decent price. As a Magento 2 owner, you can easily connect your store to the platform with the help of Improved Import & Export. For further information regarding the Magento 2 Kashoo integration, follow the link below and contact our support: