Table of contents
- 1 Gusto Overview
- 2 Magento 2 Gusto Integration
- 3 Gusto API
- 4 Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
- 4.1 Automated Import & Export
- 4.2 Advanced Mapping Features
- 4.3 Extended Connectivity Options
- 5 Final Words
Let’s take a look at how Gusto simplifies payroll and all the related activities.
With the Magento 2 Gusto integration, you get tons of essential features designed to automate numerous tasks that you have to do daily. The payroll functionality of the platform is coupled with a user-friendly environment of the platform. As a merchant, you can leverage an ultimate level of innovation and automation at a quite decent price.
The company’s mission is quite apparent: the payroll system is designed to simplify different business processes related to HR. With the main focus on the US market, it offers payroll and workers’ comp insurance nationwide as well as health benefits in 17 states.
Another vital aspect of the Magento 2 Gusto integration is the ability to automate calculation, payment, and taxes at all levels. The system also improves the way you work with year-end forms and taxation, reducing the number of critical errors. Other features include:
- Lifetime Accounts for Employees to simplify your accounting and payroll duties;
- Digital Pay Stubs to transfer paperwork into online;
- Easy Charitable Donations which are compliant with your local legislation;
- Employee Self-Enrollment designed to save your time and the time of your workers;
- Automated New Hire Reporting to keep you always informed on new employees;
- Automatic Payroll Tax Processing so that you don’t need to work with payroll taxes manually;
- Payroll on Autopilot – a feature that automates your payroll duties entirely;
- Contractor Payments to simplify your interactions with contractors;
- Net-To-Gross Payments functionality that also dramatically simplifies your daily responsibilities;
- Unlimited Payroll, Cancel Payroll, and Schedules to make your regular routine flexible;
- Detailed Reports to let you keep tabs on what’s going on with your payrolls;
- Multiple Pay Rates and Schedules to enable extra flexibility for your employees;
- Hourly and Salary-based Computations for more advanced salary options;
- Collaboration to make the entire team involved in payroll management;
- Time-off Tracking to control the efficiency of work;
- Direct Deposit and Checks to let your employees choose the most comfortable payment options;
- Mobile Support to give you control over payroll anytime, anywhere;
- Automated Payrolls. It is evident that the key advantage of the Magento 2 Gusto integration is automated payrolls, but we’d like to say a few more words about the feature. The system lets you set up and schedule payments while the system handles the rest. Consequently, all employees are paid on time automatically. You only have to apply some basic configurations. And with the paperless transactions campaigns, the system delivers digital pay stubs via email to reduce paper waste. While you become more environment-friendly with the Magento 2 Gusto integration, employees can even set up their accounts to donate to charitable institutions!
- Time-Saver. Gusto lets you save tons of time reducing various daily processes related to payroll. The system automates calculations, ACA compliance, year-end forms, payroll taxes, as well as adopts different workflow calculations. It syncs all the data in one place so that you can focus on other activities.
- Error-Saver. Since most payroll processes are automated with the Magento 2 Gusto integration, you reduce the human factor and all the related mistakes entirely. There is no need to enter data manually in several different applications and forms: everything is synchronized and automated. Let the platform calculate deductions without you or your employees being involved.
- Unified Data Store. All data related to your employees can be stored in a single secure place. With the Magento 2 Gust integration, you reduce the chaos of multiple forms and systems, because everything is synchronized and updated in real time, providing all instances and employees with the latest information.
- Benefits Administration. Benefits administration is entirely automated with the Magento 2 Gusto integration as well. Employment tax reporting, workers’ comp insurance, payments, new hire reports, detailed budget plans, and other features radically simplify this process.
- Advanced Compliance. Gusto is compliant with HIPAA, ACA, and ERISA standards. It checks data automatically and informs you regarding the compliance of benefits via automated notices.
To enable the Magento 2 Gusto integration, you need to select your plan. In addition to a free trial, there are three options to choose from:
- Core Plan. This one represents full-service payroll with various features. For $39 per month + $6 per month per person, you also get such perks as employee accounts and profiles, health benefits and workers’ comp administration. Note that expert support is included.
- Complete Plan. If full-service payroll is not enough, you can also add advanced HR tools for $39 per month + $12 per month per person. In addition to the features described above, this plan includes hiring and onboarding tools, employee directory and surveys, time-off requests, etc.
- Concierge Plan. The most advanced offer combines full-service payroll with advanced HR tools and certified HR advisors. It costs $149 per month + $12 per month per person. For this money, you get HR resource center and dedicated support, all payroll features, health benefits, hiring and onboarding tools, employee directory, and all other features provided by the Magento 2 Gusto integration.
Additional features include health benefits, 401(k) and 529 plans, HSAs, commuter benefits, and FSA.
Magento 2 Gusto Integration
Unfortunately, you cannot use the default tools to connect Magento 2 to Gusto, but there is a solution that enables seamless integration. Meet the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension – a universal tool that allows numerous Magento 2 integrations with external systems and other Magento 2 websites. The module is designed to help you connect your Magento 2 website to Gusto in a matter of minutes. And you can achieve this goal without a single line of code! It is only necessary to install the extension on your e-commerce website and let is automate data transfers between Magento 2 and Gusto. Improved Import & Export creates a bridge between the two platforms based on API connections.
The Improved Import & Export extension lets you leverage the following enhancements to run the Magento 2 Gusto integration seamlessly:
- Automated invoices and revenue tracking;
- Data synchronization for:
- Payment methods;
- Tax methods;
- Magento entities (all product types, orders, customers, and invoices);
- Gusto entities;
- Synchronization history;
- Attributes mapping to improve the accuracy of Magento 2 data in Gusto;
- Automate data transfers via schedules or triggers.
- Support for multiple stores;
- Support for various currencies.
Let’s explore several use cases to illustrate the functionality of the plugin from the perspective of the Magento 2 Gusto integration. Note that if Gusto does not support some of the following entities, you can still leverage the described processes for integration with other systems.
When you add a new product or update an existing one, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension transfers all the corresponding data to Gusto updating the accounting platform.
Order Data and Invoices
When a customer places an order on your Magento 2 website, and it is paid successfully, an invoice is created in Gusto. Associated products and payments can be created as well.
When a new customer registers on your Magento 2 storefront, Improved Import & Export sends the corresponding data to Gusto. When a registered customer applies changes to his/her existing account, the module transfers the data to the accounting platform.
Income tracking is another opportunity related to the Magento 2 Gusto integration based on Improved Import & Export. Our extension can quickly transfer income data from your e-commerce website to Gusto and back.
Payment Methods Mapping
Another opportunity related to the Magento 2 Gusto integration is related to payment methods mapping. To enable free data transfers between the platforms, you can map them within a few clicks.
Tax Rates Mapping
The same is about tax rates: the Improved Import & Export module provides the ability to map tax rates used in Magento 2 to Gusto, ensuring that tax calculations are correct.
Other Use Cases
The Magento 2 Gusto integration based on the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to:
- choose what entities to move between the platforms: products, orders, customers, invoices, etc;
- use schedules or events to enable automated data transfers;
- synchronize the two systems by mapping Magento 2 attributes to ones used in Gusto.
According to Gusto’s API documentation, you need as little domain-specific payroll knowledge as possible due to the specific design of objects and their properties. Also, it is necessary to mention that that Gusto is not accepting new integrations at the moment, but this may change in the future.
As for the existing partners, they have been given API credentials, including the application ID and secret necessary to interact with the Gusto API. To successfully authenticate a user, you need to use OAuth. The Authentication Example section includes all the required information.
Although the entire Payroll process is rather complicated, the API is designed to save you from the complexity. And you can reduce it entirely with Improved Import & Export.
The possibilities are almost unlimited if you use the extension to enable the Magento 2 Gusto integration. The module utilizes the REST API to connect your e-commerce website to external systems but also leverages other standards if necessary. To enable the Magento 2 Gusto integration, it creates multiple API connections, exchanging all entities between the two systems.
Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
We’ve already explored the accounting platform as well as some essential nuances of the Magento 2 Gusto integration. Therefore, let’s take a look at the Improved Import & Export features that simplify the data synchronization between the two systems. Since our extension completely revamps the default import and export functionality of the platform, you get an absolutely new way of data transfers, which helps you avoid many issues associated with the built-in tools.
The default instruments don’t let you do the following things:
- Establish API connections;
- Automate data transfers;
- Map attributes;
- Import/export all entities.
As a result, it is necessary to repeat numerous processes every time a data transfer between Magento 2 and Gusto is required. Usually, you have to recreate changes applied to your e-commerce store in an accounting system manually. Since the integration requires multiple updates per day, it turns into a waste of time. But we offer a more reliable solution.
The Improved Import & Export extension allows transferring all information from Magento 2 to Gusto and back. Note that all processes are automated: relax while the plugin transfers data, matches different external attributes and their values from one system to another, leverages multiple API connections in the integration working with all entities. The Magento 2 Gusto integration becomes a breeze with our module.
Automated Import & Export
The Gusto Magento 2 integration is a continuous process that requires advanced automation. And Improved Import & Export provides the ability to avoid daily duties related to data transfers via schedules and event-based triggers, which entirely automate them.
Schedules represent the most intuitive and straightforward way of automation in different data transfers, including the Magento 2 Gusto integration. The flow of information between the two systems is based on cron. You specify a time interval and the extension imports/exports updates according to it letting you create fully independent import and export jobs with several different options:
- custom intervals,
- customizable, predefined update schemes,
- profiles with no schedules (which are suitable for maintaining such tasks as migration to Magento 2),
- and asynchronous data transfers (launch every scheduled profile manually whenever you want).
Event-based triggers are another huge improvement provided by the Improved Import & Export extension. They introduce a more flexible approach to the Magento 2 Gusto integration exchanging data in real time. Use the following algorithm to automate data transfers between the two systems:
- Create a trigger;
- Connect it to an event;
- Link an action to a trigger to launch it automatically.
Thus, transferring data to Gusto with the help of a trigger dramatically simplifies the integration. When something happens in Magento 2, the plugin transfers the corresponding data to the accounting platform.
For instance, a customer creates an account on your website; the extension rapidly provides the corresponding data to Gusto. The Magento 2 Gusto Integration Add-On for Improved Import & Export will help you forget about creating similar schemes manually! Follow the link below for more information regarding triggers: How to Run Magento 2 Import or Export After Specific System Event or Process.
Advanced Mapping Features
Map Gusto attributes to ones used in Magento 2 and vice versa to enable automated data transfers between the two systems. The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension radically simplifies the Gusto Magento 2 integration in terms of attributes and their values with the help of the following features:
Use our module to solve the problem of different attribute standards without headaches and enable the Magento 2 Gusto integration in the most intuitive way with mapping presets – predefined mapping schemes that eliminate manual attributes matching.
You no longer need to look for unsupported attributes and fix them. Our extension performs all the necessary improvements automatically. It analyzes the input data file transferred from Gusto, discovers third-party attributes, and matches them to the ones used in Magento. As for export processes, Magento 2 Gusto Integration Add-One for Improved Import & Export knows what attributes are required by the accounting system and modifies ones utilized in Magento according to the rules of the external platform. You only need to select a matching scheme suitable for your migration:
Importing/exporting data between Gusto and Magento 2 can also be based on manual attributes mapping right in the Magento admin! The Improved Import & Export module provides a unique matching interface which offers full control over the process: you specify external (internal) attributes and link them to the corresponding internal (external) ones in a particular grid enabling the data transfer. Here is how everything works:
Attribute Values Mapping
The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension offers a separate interface for attribute values mapping that provides the ability to simplify the Magento 2 Gusto synchronization and automate it entirely. With our plugin, third-party designations will no longer interrupt transfers from Gusto to Magento 2 since you can choose an external value and specify its replacement. Repeat the procedure until all third-party designations are mapped to ones utilized in Magento 2. Note that the created schemes are saved and applied for further updates. For more details, read this article: Attribute Values Mapping.
Attribute Values Editing
If attribute values mapping is not enough, you can rely on attribute values editing. Transferring data from Gusto or other systems to Magento 2 can be automated with the ability to modify attribute values in bulk. Use the following rules:
- Add a prefix to multiple attribute values;
- Add a suffix to numerous attribute values;
- Split various attribute values;
- Merge many attribute values.
Note that you can combine them and create conditions increasing the efficiency of the applied changes. You can find more information in this article: How to Modify Attribute Values During Import and Export in Magento 2.
You won’t use category mapping in the Magento 2 Gusto integration. However, it dramatically simplifies other connection. You can match external categories to ones used internally, reducing the number of difficulties that usually occur when products are transferred from other platforms to Magento 2. The Improved Import & Export module allows mapping external product categories to ones used in your catalog as follows:
To create new categories right in the import job, choose a parent category, and specify a new one that will be generated automatically. Thus, the extension will link products to it during the import process. If your Magento 2 website doesn’t include a category from an imported file, it’s no longer a problem. You can find more information about this feature here: Category Mapping.
Attributes On The Fly
And if a data file provided from an external system lacks attributes, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension lets you create them on the fly via the following general form:
The feature is described here in more detail: Product attributes import.
Extended Connectivity Options
The fundamental aspect of the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension that enables the Magento 2 Gusto integration, as well as multiple other connections, is support for additional connectivity options. Designed to improve all data transfers and make the seamless Magento 2 Gusto integration possible, they include numerous file formats and two alternative ways of transferring data between your e-commerce store and external systems. As for Gusto, the REST API standard is utilized as a first way of the integration.
Multiple File Standards
Although the Magento 2 Gusto integration cannot be based on data files, you can leverage them in other integrations. The Improved Import & Export extension supports CSV, XML, JSON, ODS, and Excel as well as unpacks file archives automatically while the default tools work with uncompressed CSV files only!
Multiple File Sources
The following file sources can be leveraged to import and export data files between Magento 2 and external systems:
- FTP/SFTP. Transfer data files using a local or remote server.
- Dropbox. Use a Dropbox account to establish a connection between the two systems. Alternatively, you can rely on Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, and Amazon Drive.
- URL. A direct URL can be used to import a data file as well.
Alternative Ways of Import & Export
Note that the alternative ways of import and export are not represented in Magento 2 by default. However, direct API connections are the only way to enable the Magento 2 Gusto integration.
As we’ve mentioned above, the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to leverage REST for the Magento 2 Gusto synchronization as well as other APIs if necessary. For instance, our module also works with SOAP (which is deprecated in the case of Gusto) and GraphQL.
Note that all API connections support other extension’s features so that you can leverage mapping, schedules, and attributes on the fly while transferring data from Magento 2 to Gusto via REST API.
As for the intermediary services, you can rely on Google Sheets, Office 365 Excel, and Zoho Sheet transferring data to your e-commerce store. Although it is impossible to utilize them for the Magento 2 Gusto integration, other connections can be established with the help of various online sheets. The following image shows how to use Google Sheets to move data to Magento 2:
The video below displays other details of our extension:
Gusto is fast, efficient, reliable, and fully-featured. You can use this software solution to automate numerous accounting processes related to your e-commerce business. The Magento 2 Gusto integration opens endless opportunities related to data transfers between the two systems. You only need the Improved Import & Export extension to be installed. Follow the link below and contact our support for further information.