Almost every reliable Magento 2 extension provider has a search tool in its portfolio and TemplateMonster is not an exception. The company offers the Ajax Search Magento 2 module and below we shed light on how this product functions. If you are dissatisfied with the default Magento 2 search, you’ve come to the right place. Below we not only explore TemplateMonster Ajax Search but also point to its main competitor and the best search tool for Magento 2.'
Modules by TemplateMonster are no longer provided as stand-alone solutions, but you can still use the following replacements:
- Magento 2 Extensions for Improved Catalog Search
- Magento 2 Catalog Search Engines: Solr, Elasticsearch, and Sphinx
- Magento 2 Search Extensions Comparison
Below, you can find the original review.
The core goal of the TemplateMonster Ajax Search Magento 2 extension is to provide store visitors with the ability to type a search query and immediately get results without page reloads. To make the search process even more user-friendly, the Magento 2 module caches search queries on client’s side, so the repeated search is even faster. And note that matched categories are displayed in addition to suggested products!
- Let’s go to Stores -> Settings -> Configuration -> TemplateMonster -> Catalog Search Ajax. Here, you have to deal with the following options:
- Default Search Ajax – enable/disable the TemplateMonster Ajax Search Magento 2 module on frontend;
- Category Search Ajax – add categories to search results provided by the extension;
- Product Search Ajax – add products to search results provided by Ajax Search by TemplateMonster;
- Default, Category, and Product Search Ajax Num. Result – 3 options that help to configure the number of displayed items.
No more backend settings are available. So you can see that the TemplateMonster Ajax Search Magento 2 extension is a straight-forward solution that only adds the AJAX functionality to the default Magento 2 platform. With this Magento 2 module, you will neither change the priority of search results nor leverage synonyms or stop-words. But let’s look at the frontend appearance.
We entered the first character and nothing happened – one symbol is not enough.
Two characters were enough to summon the AJAX-based drop-down with results. One category and several products were shown. Only 3 items were displayed correctly. As for the fourth one, it was shown partly but remained clickable. Whether there were other products, we have no ideas.
Three characters narrowed down the selection to 1 product. No categories were displayed.
As you can see, the TemplateMonster Ajax Search Magento 2 extension is a simple tool that only integrates the default Magento 2 search with AJAX. As a result, you provide store visitors with the enhanced searching experience and faster shopping. The module costs $129, so we recommend you to use it only if you need the basic improvements. For more robust search functionality, check this extension: Sphinx Search Ultimate ($149).'