The AJAX technology essentially improves the default Magento shopping experience. There are a lot of frontend elements that can be enhanced with its help, and today we will describe how to make the default shopping cart better. You might have already seen our reviews on AJAX Shopping Cart by Amasty and AJAX Cart Pro by aheadWorks, and today we’d like to draw your attention to the AJAX Cart Magento extension by Extendware.
The module will completely change the way your store visitors interact with your ecommerce website by AJAX-ifying such processes as add to and delete from cart. Besides, it will revamp the way customers add to compare and place items to a wishlist. The AJAX Cart Magento extension supports all product types and offers tons of options developed to customize the way the module works and to increase store’s usability and appearance.
An AJAX shopping cart is a modern feature that must be available on every ecommerce website, so if you haven’t installed the module (or one of its competitors) yet, give it a try. Additionally, you will be able to provide you clients with data related to other products they may be interested in. The extension lets you show up-sell and related products. Besides, it can be used in a combination with Frequently Bought Together or Who Viewed This Also modules to increase sales even more.
Before we proceed to features, check what other people think about the Extendware AJAX Cart Magento extension:
- Product Types. All product types are supported, so you don’t have to be afraid that some products will not be be available for your new cart. AJAX Cart equally works with simple, configurable, bundled, grouped, downloadable, and virtual products.
- Success Page. The success page can be customized in order to show up-sells, cross-sells, and related products. As mentioned above, there is also an opportunity to increase the effectiveness of the page even more by installing Also Viewed and Also Bought extensions that will show even more items..
- Core Functions. The module allows your customers to perform the following AJAX-ified functions: add/delete from shopping cart; wishlist items; and compare items. Besides, it automatically updates the following elements: compare, cart, and wishlist sidebars; My Cart top link; and My Wishlist top link.
- Browser Support. The module equally works on all modern browsers. If a client uses an unsupported browser, AJAX Cart turns itself off.
- Other Features. Other important features include: HTTPS support; customization via CSS; simple backend settings for configuring such parameters as quick view window width and overlay image position, dialog placement and auto-hide parameters, enabling/disabling other aspects.
In the following magento extension tutorial, we describe, how to configure the module. Go to Extendware -> Manage Extensions -> AJAX Cart -> Configure. Here, you can see 5 sections of settings: General, Behavior, Cart, Wishlist, and Compare.
The General section allows you to enable/disable the module.
The Behavior section provides the ability to choose an up-sell mode (Do not list products, Up-sell products, Cross-sell products, Related products, Customers Who Viewed also Viewed, and Customers Who Bought also Bought); specify the number of up-sell products, the width of the dialog box, maximum pixels from the top of the screen to display the modal box (if 0 – it appears at the top of the screen, if 999999 – at the center), confirmation display time (set it to 0 to disable auto-closing); enable/disable background clicking when dialog is visible and loading transitions.
The Cart section provides the ability to enable/disable AJAX for the following actions: add and delete. Besides, you can turn it on or off for advanced products and product options. If turned off, the JS code becomes more compact. The last option lets you specify a delete confirmation message.
As for the Wishlist section, it allows you to enable/disable add and delete actions and specify a delete confirmation message.
In case of the Compare section, you get the aforementioned options as well as the ability to enable/disable Clear All and specify clear confirmation message.
To check how the module works on frontend, go to a catalog and click Add to Cart.
You will see the following window:
In our case, it contains lots of options, so you can easily configure a product without any reloads. Click Add to Cart in the end of the list, and you will see the following message. Now, you can continue shopping or view your cart.
After clicking Add to Wishlist, you will see the following message:
You can view your wishlist of continue shopping. Items in the wishlist can be deleted without reloads.
Add to Compare window has the same appearance. All the aforementioned features work as expected – without reloads.
Extendware offers a great opportunity to AJAX-ify the default Magento shopping cart, add to compare, and add to wishlist, making your online storefront more user-friendly. By improving shopping experience, you make your store looking more professionally and appealing to customers. Consequently, they consider it a reliable place to purchase products they are looking for. Note that the Extendware AJAX Cart Magento extension costs just $69 which is another reason to purchase the module.