Layered Navigation by AheadWorks and Improved Layered Navigation by Amasty completely revamp the way customers browse your store, but what about the appropriate solution by Extendware? It also makes a catalog more filterable and faster to navigate, so it is possible to find the desired products without any headaches. The extension offers lots of options, features, and customizations described below.'
Extendware Layered Navigation is based on the AJAX technology, so it eliminates annoying reloads, making your store more user-friendly. And it is completely compatible with the company’s FPC solution, so you can make navigation even faster. Extendware Full Page Cache is available here:
Before we proceed to features, check what other people think about the module:
- AJAX. The technology is utilized in layered navigation for categories, layered navigation for attributes and price, sorting and pagination, as well as on search pages.
- Price Filter. The price filter has the following variations: the default Magento price selection; slider; and input range.
- Filter Attributes. Easily limit the number of filters to provide customers only with the most required parameters.
- Hide Options. If an attribute has too many options, you can easily hide them until the users chooses to see a full list.
- Attribute Box Parameters. The selection box can be restricted to a certain height. If not all attributes are visible, a scroll option appears.
- Browser Agnostic. Extendware Layered Navigation for Magento has been tested on all major browsers (both old and new) and it perfectly works on all of them. In case of unsupported browsers, the module is automatically disabled.
The module can be configured under Extendware -> Manage Extensions -> Layered Nav -> Configure. There are 3 sections of settings: General, Appearance, and Behaviour.
The first section lets you enable/disable the extension for searching and browsing.
In Appearance, you choose a filter for categories (Breadcrumbs or None), specify a price filter type (Default, Slider, Input, or None), set maximum attributes number (all attributes beyond this are hidden until a user clicks to show them) and maximum attribute options (all options beyond this number are hidden until a user clicks to show them), choose a minimum filter options (if a filter has less than this number, it is hidden) and a maximum height in pixels (if you box contains attributes beyond the specified height, they are scrollable).
In Behaviour, you can enable/disable all AJAX, set a price filter to be shown first, show empty filter options, enable/disable category reset for filters (reset filters when a new category is selected), turn on attribute sorting (attributes with selected options are displayed before others) and attribute option sorting, improve SEO with the Remove Links feature (prevents “duplicate content” issues), and enable scrolling to top when filtering.
From the perspective of a customer, the search box has the following appearance:
You have a block of filters for categories, a price filter, and other attributes. As mentioned above, some of them are hidden, but you can view them by clicking Show More Attributes. The same is about attribute options (there is Show More link).
The Extendware Layered Navigation Magento becomes a really handy solution when it comes to improved user navigation and rapid product browsing. Due to AJAX based filters, the module helps to find the desired items in a matter of seconds. You can purchase the extension for $89. Are you going to try Extendware Layered Navigation or its competitors looks more reliable? Please, share your thoughts in comments.'