Today, we are continuing to review Magento 2 extensions developed by Xtento, and this time the post sheds light on Tracking Number Import – a reliable tool that will help you import order status updates and tracking numbers seamlessly and effortlessly. The extension works with CSV or XML files and accept invoices, shipments, and tracking data integrating them into Magento automatically. If you also think that automating order management and importing shipments in bulk is a great idea, then check the full article and give the module a try.
The Xtento Tracking Number Import extension is available for Magento 2 and 1, so it enhances both platforms with the following abilities:
- You can easily invoice imported orders;
- It is possible to charge credit cards capturing the payment as well as notify a customer about it;
- The module allows you to ship each order adding its tracking number and notifying customers about shipped orders;
- Besides, Xtento Tracking Number Import Module lets you change the order status after the order has been imported.
All the aforementioned procedures happen automatically – you only have to configure the extension to run in accordance with your business requirements. Consequently, all manual routine is eliminated and you get more time for running your ecommerce business.
The Xtento Tracking Number Import Magento 2 extension is responsible for automating the following areas:
- Invoice orders import;
- Payment capturing upon invoicing;
- Invoice/order status changing;
- Customer notifications related to invoices and shipment;
- Shipments for imported orders;
- Partial orders shipment;
- Shipments tracking numbers;
- Credit memo/refund for imported orders, notify customer.
The extension already exists for years and has been implemented in dozens of installations, so you can check its reliability due to the following reviews:
And since the module is fully compatible with Xtento Order Export, you can easily create a perfect pair that will help you leverage order data export and tracking/shipment data import. Let’s see how Xtento Tracking Number Import looks from inside.
The extension is available under Sales -> Tracking Import. There, you set up import profiles and sources. Under Sales -> Orders, it is possible to create orders which can be updated under Sales -> Tracking Import -> Manual Import.
On the Manual Import screen, you choose an import profile; can upload a file manually; and decide whether to activate test mode and show debug messages.
On the Import Profiles page, you have a grid with all available import profiles. The grid consists of 10 columns:
- Checkbox (choose profiles to apply mass actions here);
- Profile ID (each profile has its ID; you can filter profiles according to their IDs);
- Import Type (shows profile import type; supports filtering via dropdown list);
- Processor (shows profile processor; supports filtering via dropdown list);
- Name (profile name; type a name to apply filtering);
- Profile Status (enabled or disabled; supports filtering via dropdown list);
- Configuration (cronjob import);
- Last Import (supports filtering via date interval);
- Last Modification (supports filtering via date interval);
- Action (edit profiles here).
Note that all columns except Checkbox and Actions support filtering. As for mass actions, Xtento Tracking Number Import Module For Magento 2 and 1 lets you delete profiles or change their statuses in bulk.
The creation of a new profile is divided into several steps. First of all you specify its name, processor, and import entity.
Next, the extension creates the profile and redirects you to a new screen that contains 7 tabs: General Configuration; Settings and Filters; File Mapping; Actions; Import Sources; Automatic Import; and Profile Execution Log.
On the General Configuration tab, you can change profiles name and status. File processor and Import Entity can be no longer modified.
Settings & Filters is a place where you choose Order Identifier (used for identifying orders in the import file) and Product Identifier as well as set more precise approach to import (Process orders only if);
File Mapping is also divided between two sections: File Settings and File Mapping. In File Settings, you choose whether to skip header line or not, specify field delimiter, and set field enclosure character.
As for the File Mapping section, it lets you add fields to mapping.
On the Actions tab, you select import actions and specify their values.
As for Import Sources, this tab contains a grid with your sources.
In the Automatic Import, you can view a status of cronjob, enable/disable cronjob import, and select an import frequency or specify a custom one.
Profile Execution Log gathers all data in an appropriate grid.
The same grid is available separately under Sales -> Tracking Import -> Execution Log.
As for import sources, you can find them in a grid as well.
To create a new source, you should specify its name and type. Next, the extension saves the source and redirects you to a new screen with more settings and customization options. Unfortunately, this functionality is not available in the demo installation of Xtento Tracking Number Import Magento 2 extension.
As for available tools, they let you upload previously exported settings as well as import them.
- Seamless integration with your Magento admin;
- Support for CSV and XML formats;
- Unlimited import profiles;
- All possible field names are supported;
- Mapping function in the admin;
- User-friendly configuration section;
- Unlimited amount of import destinations: local directories, FTP, FTPS, HTTP Servers, SFTPv3, Webservices/APIs, etc.
- Backend import;
- You can delete or archive each file after it is processed;
- Cronjob processes;
- Intelligent Import (orders that you already imported are not invoiced or shipped again);
- Partial shipments (shipped SKUs/Quantities get invoiced/shipped);
- Order status changes to “Complete” after all items of an order are shipped;
- Multiple tracking numbers per shipment/import.
As you can see, Xtento Tracking Number Import Module For Magento 2 and 1 is a very useful and robust tool that significantly simplifies your daily ecommerce routine. The extension has been proven by time and dozens of happy merchants. As for the extension’s price tag, it is surprisingly user-friendly – $179 only.