Using email to send notifications to customers is quite popular but not effective. This is because people don’t have a habit of checking their emails regularly, and they need an Internet connection to do it. That seems to be somewhat inconvenient.
So how can we handle this situation?
Magento 2 SMS Notification by Mageplaza comes in handy, supporting sending essential SMS notifications to both admins and customers. The module helps keep them updated with activities from the store or related orders.'
Table of contents
- 1 What makes Mageplaza SMS Notification for Magento 2 worth your money?
- 1.1 Automatic SMS notifications to customers and admins
- 1.2 Immediate and frequent text messages
- 1.3 SMS about new orders & billing documents
- 1.4 Notify shoppers and admins about account registration
- 1.5 Boost sales with the price and stock update via SMS
- 1.6 Inform customers’ sharing and subscribing activities via SMS
- 1.7 Immediate SMS alerts about site errors
- 2 Additional features
- 3 Backend
- 4 The bottom line
What makes Mageplaza SMS Notification for Magento 2 worth your money?
Automatic SMS notifications to customers and admins
Mageplaza SMS Notification extension will inform customers and admins about activities through text messages actively. SMS is the more efficient information transfer medium rather than email thanks to its higher response and read rates. Usually, users tend to open their SMS box rather than the email box, which needs Internet availability.
The module integrates with the popular SMS Service Providers in the world, such as Amazon SNS and Twilio.
Immediate and frequent text messages
The frequency of sending SMS to customers and store owners is different. Shoppers will be informed immediately about their activities like signing up for a new account, placing a new order, others to update in minutes. Meanwhile, the SMS notifications related to shoppers are sent to admins every day, every week, and every month. Due to the huge number of customers’ activities daily, the module sends an overall report to admin stores at a specific time:
- Every 1:00 am every day
- Every Monday
- Every month’s the first day
SMS about new orders & billing documents
With the SMS Notification extension, both admins and shoppers are informed about account registration. As visitors generate accounts, they’ll get a welcome message for the successful registration. Meanwhile, store admins are informed of the number of new accounts on a regular basis.
Notify shoppers and admins about account registration
Both store admins and customers are kept updated with the status of orders and billing documents via mobile messages.
With shoppers, they will get text messages immediately after placing orders. Then, after the related billing documents such as shipments, invoices, and credit memos are generated, notifications will get to shoppers’ mobiles.
With admins, the total number of new orders, shipments, invoices, and credit memos will be collected in a report daily, weekly, and monthly according to the frequency configuration in the backend.
Boost sales with the price and stock update via SMS
When customers are concerned about specific products at the store, they will want to know its stock status and price status. Hence, you should keep customers updated with such information immediately through text messages.
The module will notify shoppers right after items come back to stock, and there is no change in the product price. Therefore, shoppers can actively put their favorite products to cart as they find the time appropriate.
Inform customers’ sharing and subscribing activities via SMS
It is suggested paying attention to customers’ activities such as wishlist sharing, sharing a product link to friends, subscriber store’s newsletter by sending text messages. As customers’ sharing and subscribing create a good opportunity to grow the brand and boost sales, it is essential to update shoppers on their actions via both mail and SMS.
Additionally, SMS reminds shoppers of their sharing and subscription, which is an excellent method to keep stores in shoppers’ minds.
Immediate SMS alerts about site errors
Store owners will be immediately notified of errors related to cron and sitemap generation. Both cron and sitemap are vital elements of any website, so using SMS text to inform errors can help store admins solve them timely.
Specifically, when any cron and sitemaps errors happen, there are general SMS messages reminding admins to check the issues. This type of notification works much better than email.
The extension will inform store admins immediately via SMS if there is any change with store currency.
As shoppers reach out to stores for any questions or problems, they will get an instant confirmation SMS message. Moreover, store admins will get daily/weekly/monthly reports about the number of inquiries from shoppers to stores.
Customizable SMS content
It is flexible for the store admin to customize all the content of SMS messages.
Top service providers
Magento 2 SMS notification integrates with the dominant SMS Service Provider, such as Twilio and Amazon SNS.
Phone number verification
The module enables you to use the OTP code to verify customers’ phone numbers. It supports three formats of OTP: Numeric, Alphabet, and Alphanumeric.
Send test SMS
In addition, Mageplaza SMS Notification allows sending a test text message to the testing customer phone number.
- Choose Enable = Yes to turn on the module.
- Choose Verify Phone Number = Yes: Shoppers will be verified via OTP code via phone numbers.
- Phone Codes: Supports showing the country prefix number.
- OTP Format: The store admin decides the format for the OTP code. This field will only show when Verify Phone Number = Yes.
- Alphanumeric: The OTP code segment will include both numbers and letters.
- Alphabetical: The OTP code segment will include words only.
- Number: The OTP code segment will contain numbers only.
- OTP Length: Insert the length of the OTP. This field will only show up when Verify Phone Number = Yes.
- OTP Resend Times: The number of times OTP is sent back to the shopper. A notification will be sent when the number of OTP sent surpasses the limit.
- OTP Limit Expired in: Set the time limit to resend OTP to the customer.
- Sender Phone Number: Insert the sender’s phone number offered from Twilio (only used when SMS Service Provider = Twilio).
- SMS Delivery: Determine a third party to integrate SMS gateway (Twilio or Amazon SNS).
- Twilio Account SID: Enter Account SID to be integrated with SMS gateway. If you leave this field blank, Twilio will not be applied.
- Twilio Account Token: Enter Account Token to be integrated with SMS gateway. If you leave this field blank, Twilio will not be applied.
- Access Key ID: Enter Access Key ID to be integrated with the SMS gateway. If you leave this field blank, Amazon SNS will not be applied.
- Secret Access Key: Enter Secret Access Key to be integrated with the SMS gateway. If you leave this field blank, Amazon SNS will not be applied.
- Recipient Phone Number: Fill in the phone number of the receiver to inform the admin, and this is the phone number to Send Test SMS.
- Send Test SMS: Click on the button to check whether SMS has been delivered.
- Enable SMS For: Choose the option to support sending SMS to the customer.
- Sign Up Confirmation: Insert content for the registration confirmation sent to customers.
- Sign Up Success: Insert content for SMS sent to the customer when the customer successfully signed up.
- Order Created: Create content for SMS sent to the customer when an order is placed successfully.
- Invoice Created: Create content for SMS sent to the customer when the order invoice is generated successfully.
- Shipment Created: Create content for SMS sent to the customer when an order is successfully shipped. This SMS will be delivered to the phone number of the person who received the order.
- Credit Memo Created: Create content for SMS sent to the customer when the credit memo is successfully created.
- Contact Delivered: Generate content for SMS sent to the customer when the customer’s contact is delivered successfully.
- Share Product Link: Generate content for SMS sent to the customer when the customer successfully shares a product link.
- Share Wishlist: Generate content for SMS sent to the customer when the customer successfully shares a wishlist.
- Subscription: Generate content for SMS sent to the customer when the customer subscribes successfully.
- Unsubscription: Generate content for SMS sent to the customer when the customer unsubscribes successfully.
- Product Price Change: Generate content for SMS sent to the customer when the product price changes.
- Product Back to Stock: generate content for SMS sent to the customer when the product is restocked.
- Enable SMS For: Choose the option to support sending SMS notifications to the admin.
- Sending Frequency: Choose the frequency of sending SMS notifications to the store admin.
- Total New Accounts: Generate content for SMS sent to the admin about the number of new accounts.
- Total New Orders: Generate content for the SMS sent to the admin about the number of orders placed.
- Total New Invoices: Generate content for SMS sent to the store admin about the number of invoices created.
- Total New Shipments: Generate content for SMS sent to the admin about the number of shipments created.
- Total New Credit Memos: Create content for SMS sent to the admin about the number of credit memos created.
- Total New Inquiries: Create content for SMS sent to the admin about the number of new inquiries.
- Currency Update Warnings: Create content for SMS sent to the admin when an error message update currency is identified.
- Cron Error Warning: Create content for SMS sent to the admin when there is a cron error warning.
- Sitemap Generation Warning: Create content for SMS sent to the admin when a sitemap generation error message occurs.
Admin register for customers to receive an SMS notification
The admin store can help shoppers to register to get notifications by inserting the shopper’s phone number at the backend.
Using SMS notifications is the fastest and most effective medium to inform customers and admins. Mageplaza SMS notifications can contribute to creating a good shopping experience for customers. They’ll feel happy and satisfied when receiving all information related to orders and activities. Furthermore, the extension also helps merchants manage their store better by notifying them of any error on their website.
HOT DISCOUNT: Use coupon code FIREBEAR to receive a 10% discount when purchasing.'