Below, we shed light on the Magento 2 PriceGrabber integration. The following post describes how to connect your e-commerce storefront to the popular price comparison engine with a minimum headache. Besides, it provides some facts about the platform. If you are looking for a Magento 2 PriceGrabber connector, you’ve come to the right place.'
PriceGrabber combines two separate roles. First of all, it is a price comparison website where merchants provide products they sell, and customers look for the best deals. To provide a broad assortment, the company works with retailers, sellers, and merchants. Therefore, you can effortlessly join the platform with your Magento 2 store.
At the same time, PriceGrabber is a distributed content commerce service, so you can use it to increase sales. Besides, it is used by Bing Shopping and other similar websites as a data source.
Note that PriceGrabber displayed taxes and shipping costs to online shoppers before it was mainstream. The platform was the first one to provide this information long ago.
More than 700 websites are integrated with PriceGrabber. The platform combines goods from over than 2,000 retailers and offers 26 categories of products. And there is always enough space for new sellers. If you want to integrate your Magento 2 store to PriceGrabber, don’t hesitate – it is a proper business channel, and below we provide tips on how to choose a reliable Magento 2 PriceGrabber connector.
What Magento 2 PriceGrabber Connector to Choose
Before pointing you to the exact Magento 2 PriceGrabber connector, we’d like to draw your attention to problems you may face while choosing an extension designed to create a bridge between the two platforms.
The most obvious way to integrate Magento 2 and PriceGrabber is to install a simple export solution that will provide product data to the price comparison engine, but is it enough?
We don’t think so since it may lead to various issues. While you will efficiently provide PriceGrabber with all the necessary information (if your tool is fully-featured), the connector won’t accept any data back. You may argue that PriceGrabber doesn’t provide any data output, but there is a trend to provide marketplace functionality on price comparison sites. It means that customers can place orders without being redirected to a merchant’s store. In this situation, order data is generated by a third-party platform and then provided to you. If you use a one-way connector, it is necessary to move data files manually or install an additional import extension that leads to the increase of expenditures and system load. To avoid both problems, we recommend you to use bidirectional tools for all integrations including those that don’t provide any data back. Thus, you will prevent multiple issues related to the appearance of new features.
At the same time, any connector can be either fully-featured or limited concerning transferred data. The most widespread issue it related to product images: not all connectors know what to do with them. As a result, images should be moved manually, and your integration turns to hell with each new product you want to provide to a third-party platform. For instance, you’d like to sell 100 products on PriceGrabber. Each product should contain at least one image. If you want to sell successfully, the number of images should be more than one to provide a positive impact on shoppers. Let’s suppose that on average every product page contains 5 images. Thus, you need to provide 500 images to PriceGrabber manually. Nobody wants to do that.
Of course, you can install an additional tool, but all possible problems related to this solution have been discussed above.
Even if the selected Magento 2 connector transfers all data in two ways, we may still not recommend it. If the tool is designed for one particular integration, and it is a reliable solution that works perfectly and does exactly what it should – better choose another one. And we have an essential reason to say so.
While you won’t face any troubles with the particular integration, you will get more and more problems with each new integration. Let’s imagine that you are going to run a multichannel business that requires minimum 10 integrations. It means that 10 separate extensions should be installed and correctly configured. Furthermore, you need to purchase each tool. And don’t forget that they will consume 10 times more resources than a single solution. At the same time, the probability of conflicts will increase dramatically. Even if all 10 modules are time-proven and community-accepted, you will never avoid the aforementioned problems with them. Therefore, we recommend you the only possible solution – you need a universal connector.
The appropriate tool is available in our portfolio, and it is the Improved Import Export Magento 2 extension. The module is designed to connect Magento 2 to all possible third-party platforms, including PriceGrabber. So if you are looking for the Magento 2 PriceGrabber connector, don’t hesitate to give it a try.
To increase the usability and make every integration seamless, the Improved Import & Export extension offers the following features:
- Flexible Profiles. The extension allows creating any integration via import and export profile. To provide data to the external platform, create a new export profile. If the platform returns something – configure a new import profile.
- Automated Synchronisation. All integrations can be fully automated since our tool offers full support for cron. It is possible to create either a custom schedule of updates or choose a predefined one. At the same time, you can run the update manually whenever you want.
- Integration Formats. The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension offers multiple integration formats. If you need to connect your Magento 2 to an external system using something less popular than CSV or XML, you won’t face any difficulties since the module supports TXT, Google Sheets, and API connection.
- File Sources. Another important aspect of the integration is a point where two systems are connected (the file exchange takes place). It can be either your server or a remote server. Besides, you can use cloud storages. Also, the Improved Import & Export module allows running import via a direct URL.
- Mapping. To solve conflicts between different attribute systems and data file schemes, the plugin provides the mapping features. The appropriate grid is available in every profile so that you can match default Magento 2 attributes to any custom ones right there. No manual data file editing is necessary with our extension. The process of matching is simplified even more with mapping presets. You select the necessary preset, apply it to the profile, and a corresponding mapping scheme is configured automatically.
All these and many other features are available with the Improved Import Export Magento 2 extension. The Magento 2 PriceGrabber connector is provided as a part of the module as well. The connector is free, but you need to purchase the extension to get access to it. Note that there are many more free connectors available. For further information, contact the support and follow this link:'