In the following article, we explore the Product List settings of Shopware 6. Here, you can edit the product display on the frontend as well as add new sorting options. By default, Shopware 6 lets you work with buy buttons, reviews, filters, and other parameters. In this blog post, we explain what you can do with them.'
Table of contents
- 1 Product List Settings in Shopware 6 Admin
- 2 How to Import Products to Shopware 6
- 3 Shopware 6 Product List Settings FAQ
Product List Settings in Shopware 6 Admin
Let’s see how to find the Product List settings in the Shopware 6 administration:
- Go to your Shopware 6 administration;
- Open its main menu;
- Proceed to the Settings section;
- Open the Shop subsection;
- Hit the Products (or Product lists) button.
Two screens are available here: Products and Sorting Options.
The Product section contains product-related settings of the product listing displayed on the frontend. Shopware 6 lets you apply them globally or per sales channel.
- Display buy buttons in listings – show the corresponding buttons in the product list: “Details” (for variant products) or “Add to cart”.
- Hide products after clearance – this option hides sales items from the frontend when the stock level reaches 0.
- Show reviews – this one displays the current average review rating using stars.
- Disable filter options without results – if active, this feature hides filter options that have no results.
- Mark products as ‘new’, for ? days – here, you can choose the period when a product is considered new.
- Number of products per page – this field lets you specify the number of items on a catalog page.
- Default sorting – the sorting option according to which the products display on the frontend.
Here, Shopware 6 empowers you to create and edit sorting options to display products on the frontend.
The overview of sorting options contains all created sorting schemes. For each option, you can see a parameter used to apply sorting, such as a product name or price.
As for the priority option, you can change it by double-clicking on the current record.
Note that all these sorting options are available on the frontend so that customers can apply them to sort the product listing.
Also, note that there is a context menu on the right side next to each grid record. It lets you edit or delete sorting options.
Add sorting option
If you want to add a new sorting option, hit the Add option button. It transfers you to a new screen where you can create a new sorting option.
The screen is divided into the following two sections: General and Sorting Criteria.
The first one lets you specify the name of your new option and determine whether it should be active on the frontend.
As for the Sorting criteria section, it contains all the selected criteria associated with this sorting option. Note that Shopware 6 applies the sorting following the criterion with the highest priority. Next, the system uses options with the next lower priority.
You can use the drop-down menu to add new criteria to the sort option. By default, the following parameters are at your service:
- Release date;
- Product stock;
- Product review;
- Product list price;
- Product name;
- Product number;
- Sold units;
- Custom field.
Double-click on any option in the record to edit it.
Use the context menu to remove the criterion.
How to Import Products to Shopware 6
While importing sorting options and other display configurations doesn’t seem useful, you may need to transfer products and categories to your Shopware 6 storefront. If you need to run this task, you’ve come to the right place. With the help of our team, there is no need to recreate multiple entities manually. You can simplify and automate this process. Contact our support for more details and try our Improved Import & Export Extension for Shopware. You can use it to import any entity to Shopware 6, including products and categories. Contact our support regarding this process.
Shopware 6 Product List Settings FAQ
How to find Product List settings in Shopware 6?
You can find Product List settings in Shopware 6 under Settings -> Shop -> Products (or Product Lists).
You can hide Buy buttons in Shopware 6 under Settings -> Shop -> Products (or Product Lists). Activate the Display buy buttons in listings option.
How to hide products that run out of stock in Shopware 6?
You can hide products that run out of stock in Shopware 6 under Settings -> Shop -> Products (or Product Lists). Activate the Hide products after clearance parameter.
How to set the number of products per page in Shopware 6?
You can set the number of products per page in Shopware 6 under Settings -> Shop -> Products (or Product Lists). Activate the Number of products per page option.
How to add new product sorting options in Shopware 6?
You can add new product sorting options in Shopware 6 under Settings -> Shop -> Products (or Product Lists). Proceed to the Sorting Options section and hit the Add Option button. Next, specify parameters as shown above.