The default checkout page of Magento is a place where merchants lose customers and consequently money. The reason of such a trend is in the complexity of the out-of-the-box procedure. Although the Magento 2 checkout has been revamped, it is still far from being perfect. Therefore, we review the best third-party solutions, and today our attention was captured by One Step Checkout 2 by Magestore. Below, we shed light on the extension features and provide a Magento extension tutorial related to the backend.
So, what are the core benefits of Magento 2 One Step Checkout by Magestore in comparison with the default solution?
First of all, it is performance. The One Step Checkout 2 extension is 40% faster. The tool utilizes the best UI layouts as well as some cutting edge techniques, so checking out becomes as fast as possible.
Another important aspect related to the extension is a wide range of supported payment methods. The Magestore One Step Checkout 2 module lets you fully leverage the default checkout logic of Magento 2, so you can integrate your website with 40+ payment methods that are available in the platform out-of-the-box.
And there are no conflicts with other third-party modules! Therefore, you can make the improved checkout even better by combining Magestore One Step Checkout 2 with other extensions.
As for the aforementioned cutting edge techniques, they are described below:
- Dynamic Updates. Of course, Magestore One Step Checkout 2 offers dynamic updates. It means that all the information related to shipping and payment methods is rapidly updated right after the corresponding data has been changed. The extension utilizes knockout.js, so only dynamic data is used instead of HTML blocks.
- Auto-Fill. Magestore One Step Checkout 2 uses GeoIP to auto-detect data necessary for checkout. With the help of Google Suggest, your customers fill in the checkout form much faster.
- Auto-Redirect. With Magestore OSC 2 you can easily redirect customers to the checkout page right after they place an item into the cart. The number of items can be changed right there.
It is also necessary to tell a few words about some visual aspect of the extension. Thus, it allows you to implement Material design within several minutes. You will get a 3-column layout that looks fresh and modern. In addition, One Step Checkout offers several responsive layout each of which supports literally all screen sizes. As for various customizations, they are related to the color of layout and the “Place Order Now” button as well as checkout title and description that can be easily changed.
Note that Magestore recommends to use OSC 2 in a combination with the following modules:
- Reward Point
- Gift Card
- Social Login
- Store Credit
- Store Pickup
All these modules are designed to increase conversion, and if you buy 2+ extension, Magestore offers a 5% discount.
- Multiple Languages & Stores. Magestore One Step Checkout 2 supports multiple store views and languages, so you can easily customize it in the Magento backend to be displayed for buyers from different countries in the proper way.
- Multiple Checkout Modes. To make the existing user experience even better, the extension offers 3 checkout modes: Register, Guest, and Login. In case of the first one, a user account is created automatically after the checkout is complete. The Guest mode allows buyers to complete checkout as guests. In case of Login, billing, shipping, and address information is autofilled (the user should already have an account).
- Shipping Settings. Another important advantage of Magestore One Step Checkout for Magento 2 over the default procedure is the ability to set shipping date and other delivery settings.
- Security Access Code. The module allows customers to provide building/apartment access codes, so you can ship and order door-to-door.
- Additional Options. If your business requires any additional options to be added to the checkout procedure, you can easily do this with the Magestore OSC 2 extension. Simply add fields for order comments, gift wrap, and terms & conditions.
In the following backend tutorial, we describe how to configure the Magestore One Step Checkout Magento 2 extension. Go to Stores -> Settings -> Configuration -> Magestore Extensions -> One Step Checkout. Here, you can see 8 sections of settings: General Configuration; Field Position Management; Geo IP; Admin Order Notification; Gift Wrap Configuration; Gift Message Configuration; Login Link Configuration; and Style Management.
In its turn the General Configuration section is divided into several subsections. The General subsection allows you to enable/disable the extension and such features as billing to different addresses; redirect to checkout after adding a product to the cart; and Google Suggest. If the last feature is activated, you should enter Google API Key.
Next, there is the Delivery Date Configuration subsection. Here, you can enable the feature and configure such its parameters as disabled delivery days and hours. The House Security Code field can be activated in this subsection.
In the Default Information subsection, you can specify default payment and shipping methods, country, region/state, zip/postal code, and city.
The Displayed Fields subsection provides the ability to customize checkout title and description as well as enable/disable order comments, newsletter checkbox (it can be checked by default), and the discount code section.
Product Thumbnail Shown In Order Review Section only allows you to turn on/off the appropriate feature.
In the Field Position Management, you can customize the position of fields that are available during the checkout in the Billing and Shipping Address section. Since there are two columns of settings, you can use display fields within one or two column layouts. For one column, choose the Null option everywhere in the second settings column.
In the Geo IP section, enable/disable the feature.
In Admin Order Notification, you can turn on the feature, choose a notification email template, and specify email addresses of recipients.
Gift Wrap Configuration contains the following settings: Enable gift wrap, Gift wrap type (Per Item or Per Order), and Gift wrap fee.
As for Gift Message Configuration, it only lets you enable or disable the feature.
In Login Link Configuration, you turn it on and set a login message.
Style Management lets you specify colors for the whole checkout style and the “Place Order Now” button. Choose “Custom” option to make the customization more precise.
Now, when you know how to configure the Magestore One Step Checkout Magento 2 extension, let’s take a look at its frontend appearance.
As you can see, all checkout steps are gathered within one page that makes it much more convenient than the default procedure. There are only 3 sections that should be filled in: Shipping Address, Shipping Methods, and Payment. There is also the Order Review block.
The appearance of the Shipping Address section depends on customizations you’ve previously done via backend. If the GeoIP feature is turned one, some fields of this section will be auto-filled.
As for Shipping Methods, this section provides an influence on Order Review. If you change a shipping method, the Order Review block is updated. Besides, you can place your security access code and specify shipping conditions here is the features are activated in the backend.
Note that various payment methods have slightly settings, but there is one option common to all of them – “My billing and shipping address are the same”. In case you have another billing address (shipping address is already specified), you should add it in the Payment section.
The Order Review block displays purchased products (thumbnail, name, quantity, and subtotal), cart subtotal, discount, shipping rate, and order total.
Below, you can enter a coupon code, leave an order comment, purchase a gift wrap, sign up for newsletter, and place order.
Magestore One Step Checkout 2 is a good looking and professionally developed checkout for Magento 2. It is much better than the default solution, since it offers all out-of-the-box features, but adds some absolutely unique options as well as combines all checkout steps on a single page. Although we described the Magento 1 extension, the appropriate 1.X module is also worth your attention. As for prices, Magestore One Step Checkout 2 costs $299, while its predecessor can be purchased for $149.