In the article below, we describe
Table of contents
- 1 ActiveCampaign Overview
- 2 Magento 2 ActiveCampaign Integration
- 3 ActiveCampaign API
- 4 Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
- 4.1 Automated Import & Export
- 4.2 Advanced Mapping Features
- 4.3 Extended Connectivity Options
- 5 Final Words
Let’s begin our overview describing the main benefits and possibilities Active Campaign provides.
- Advanced Automation. ActiveCampaign is a sales CRM with an advanced level of automation. The platform will help you keep track of leads in a database instead of your head. The first benefit of this sales CRM with automation is the ability to stops tasks from piling up on your desk. The system enables you to automate lead prioritization and contact management. Consequently, you will have more time to sell or just rest.
- Seamless Sales. Increase your sales with the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration by automating mundane, manual tasks. Don’t let them eat your time – a resource so vital when it comes to sales. With the help of the CRM system, you will keep your entire sales process moving smoothly.
- Automated Notifications. Another benefit of the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration is the notification system of the CRM platform. It lets you notify your sales team automatically as well as update deals and create tasks. As a result, no additional interaction with employees is necessary. ActiveCampaign does everything for you. It is only required to configure the platform.
- Unlimited Email Campaigns. The Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration provides the ability to create unlimited email campaigns leveraging all the latest features and techniques. The powerful built-in engine lets you enlarge your email database without connecting third-party systems.
- Synchronized Contacts. ActiveCampaign provides a centralized platform for your emails, contacts, business cards, and other similar things. You no longer need to use multiple instruments to keep all the related data in order. The Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration lets you synchronize everything you need within the one system.
- Everything At a Glance. Although ActiveCampaign is a powerful system, it is, at the same time, intuitive and easy to use. The platform displays your whole sales process at a glance. You can control the entire sales team since it is always on the same page. Thus, it is possible to track every interaction.
- Leads Priority. The Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration offers numerous tools that not only simplify your daily duties but also make your work more efficient. You can leverage lead scoring, win probability, automated segmentation, and other instruments to keep tabs on leads to focus and understand when to wait.
- Flexibility. ActiveCampaign lets you work any email provider. The platform enables you to connect your business to any email provider and utilize the corresponding Chrome extension to manage contacts. You can even create deals right in your Gmail account.
- On-The-Go. The Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration makes you even more flexible with the dedicated mobile application. All controls are available under your fingertips. Check contact information, create and manage tasks, make calls, and update deals anytime, anywhere.
- Seamless Integrations. You can connect the CRM system to other platforms and apps. 250+ systems are supported. As for our favorite e-commerce system, we describe the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration below.
With the following features, the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration provides your sales team with the tools it needs to sell more:
- Sales reporting. The Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration lets you get the most in-depth insights into the performance of your employees. The CRM platform provides the ability to track the productivity of individual members as well as monitor your sales funnel.
- Win probability. ActiveCampaing also provides data regarding how likely you are to close each deal. Thus, you can focus your time where it makes sense.
- Marketing automation. Of course, the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration automates your sales funnel. You can use the CRM platform to create nurture campaigns for the deals that aren’t ready to be finished.
- Segmentation. Another significant improvement is segmentation. The Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration lets you divide your customers into segments so that you will always know who you’re talking to. The platform segments your leads automatically based on the taken actions.
- Lead scoring. You will also discover all leads that interact with your business and content the most. As a result, it is not difficult to implement precise lead scoring. You can add scores not only to overall deals but also individual contacts.
- Notifications. With the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration, you will inform your sales team when it’s time to follow up. The CRM platform allows adding notifications from within sales automation and nurture campaigns.
- Automated updates. ActiveCampaign saves your precious time by automatically updating deal owners, deal stage, deals won or lost, deal value, and other related data.
- Task assignment. The platform also lets you assign tasks to individual salespeople. You can do that either manually or create rules to automate the process.
- Note creation. To make your daily work more transparent, ActiveCampaign lets you take notes directly within each deal and contact record. As a result, the same data is available to the entire team.
ActiveCampaign offers the following four pricing plans: Light, Plus, Professional, and Enterprise. Let’s explore each one.
The Lite plan costs $9 per month if you pay yearly. It includes unlimited sending, various email marketing features, marketing automation, chat & email support, etc. However, only three users are supported.
The Plus plan costs $49 per month and includes everything from Lite combined with the following features:
- CRM w/ Sales Automation;
- Contact & Lead Scoring;
- Deep Data Integrations;
- Custom User Permissions;
- Custom Branding;
- One on One Training;
- SMS Marketing;
- Conditional Content.
Up to 25 users can be connected to the system.
The Professional plan is even more expensive. You have to spend $129 per month if you pay yearly. The plan adds the following features to the ones included in Plus:
- Site Messaging;
- Predictive Sending;
- Win Probability;
- Split Automations.
Up to 50 users can participate in your CRM duties.
As for the Enterprise plan, it is the most expensive one. The price is $229 per month. The plan includes everything from Professional plus the following features:
- Custom Reporting;
- Custom Mailserver Domain;
- Custom Domain;
- Dedicated Account Representative + Phone Support;
- In-depth Onboarding;
- Free Design Services and Social Data;
- Uptime SLA.
The number of users is unlimited.
Note that neither of the plans includes any contracts, setup fees, or hidden gimmicks. You can cancel them anytime.
Magento 2 ActiveCampaign Integration
Now, when you know about significant benefits, products, and industries of ActiveCampaign, we’d like to draw your attention to another important topic – the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration. Unfortunately, you cannot use the default tools to connect your e-commerce store to the CRM platform, but there is a solution that enables seamless integration. Meet the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension – a universal tool that allows numerous Magento 2 integrations with external systems and other Magento 2 websites.
The module is designed to help you connect your Magento 2 website to ActiveCampaign in a matter of minutes. And you can achieve this goal without a single line of code! It is only necessary to install the extension on your e-commerce website and let is automate data transfers between Magento 2 and ActiveCampaign. Improved Import & Export creates a bridge between the two platforms based on API connections.
The Improved Import & Export extension lets you leverage the following enhancements to run the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration seamlessly:
- Automated CRM data tracking and exchange;
- Synchronization for:
- Magento entities (all product types, orders, customers, and invoices);
- ActiveCampaign entities;
- Synchronization history;
- Attributes mapping to improve the accuracy of Magento 2 data in ActiveCampaign;
- Automate data transfers via schedules or triggers.
- Support for multiple stores;
- Support for various currencies.
Let’s explore several use cases to illustrate the functionality of the plugin from the perspective of the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration. Note that if ActiveCampaign does not support some of the following entities, you can still leverage the described processes for integration with other systems.
When you add a new product, update an existing one, or apply changes to the inventory, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension transfers all the corresponding data to ActiveCampaign, updating the CRM platform.
When a new customer registers on your Magento 2 storefront, Improved Import & Export can send the corresponding data to ActiveCampaign. When a registered customer applies changes to his/her existing account, the module can transfer the data to the CRM platform.
Income tracking is another opportunity related to Improved Import & Export. Our extension can quickly transfer income data from your e-commerce website to ActiveCampaign and back if the CRM platform requires it.
Payment Methods Mapping
Another opportunity related to Magento 2 integration with external systems is related to payment methods mapping. To enable free data transfers between the platforms, you can map them within a few clicks. It doesn’t affect the synchronization with ActiveCampaign; however, you can leverage this feature in other integrations.
Tax Rates Mapping
The same is about tax rates: the Improved Import & Export module provides the ability to map tax rates used in Magento 2 to an external system, ensuring that tax calculations are correct.
Other Use Cases
The Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration based on the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to:
- choose what entities to move between the platforms: products, orders, customers, invoices, etc;
- use schedules or events to enable automated data transfers;
- synchronize the two systems by mapping Magento 2 attributes to ones used in ActiveCampaign.
You can use ActiveCampaign API to bring data to your email marketing service or create campaigns on the fly. However, new and new API features/calls are created regularly to accommodate users’ needs.
Currently, it is possible to return data from ActiveCampaign API in 3 different formats:
- Serialized. Data is returned in a serialized format. You can decode it via PHP’s native unserialize();
- JSON. Data is returned in a JSON format. You can decode it using json_decode().
- XML. You have to write your XML parser to handle the output.
Due to the hosted service, an API rate limit is five requests per second per account. Thus, you have to plan whether it is possible to utilize calls for multiple options or cache some of the data locally.
It is also worth mentioning that some APIs require your access role to have specific privileges. Otherwise, you won’t build the connection. And of course, previous API experience is mandatory to connect your e-commerce store to the CRM platform. Luckily, there is a more intuitive and user-friendly solution!
With the Improved Import & Export extension, the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration is seamless, secure, and unlimited! Although the module uses the REST API to connect your e-commerce website to the external system, it can also leverage SOAP and other standards to create any connections if necessary. The plugin generates multiple API bridges, exchanging all entities between the two systems. Thus, it enables Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration. You only have to install and configure it or ask our team to do that.
Improved Import & Export Magento 2 Extension Features
We’ve already explored the CRM platform as well as some essential nuances of the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration. Therefore, let’s take a look at the Improved Import & Export features that simplify the data synchronization between the two systems. Since our extension completely revamps the default import and export functionality of the platform, you get an absolutely new way of data transfers. It helps you avoid many issues associated with the built-in tools.
The default instruments don’t let you do the following things:
- Establish API connections;
- Automate data transfers;
- Map attributes;
- Leverage import/export of all entities.
As a result, it is necessary to repeat numerous processes every time a data transfer between Magento 2 and ActiveCampaign is required. Usually, you have to recreate changes applied to your e-commerce store in a CRM system manually. Since the integration requires multiple updates per day, it turns into a complete waste of time. But the problem can be easily solved with the help of a more reliable solution.
The Improved Import & Export extension allows transferring all information from Magento 2 to ActiveCampaign and back. Note that all processes are automated: the plugin transfers data, matches different external attributes and their values from one system to another, leverages multiple API connections in the integration working with all entities. The Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration becomes a breeze with our module.
Automated Import & Export
The ActiveCampaign Magento 2 integration is a continuous process that requires advanced automation. And Improved Import & Export provides the ability to avoid daily duties related to data transfers via schedules and event-based triggers, which entirely automate them.
Schedules represent the most intuitive and straightforward way of automation in different data transfers, including the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration. The flow of information between the two systems is based on cron. You specify a time interval and the extension imports/exports updates according to it. The module lets you create fully independent import and export jobs with several different options:
- custom intervals,
- customizable, predefined update schemes,
- profiles with no schedules (which are suitable for maintaining such tasks as migration to Magento 2),
- and asynchronous data transfers (launch every scheduled profile manually whenever you want).
Event-based triggers are another huge improvement provided by the Improved Import & Export extension. They introduce a more flexible approach to the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration exchanging data in real-time. Use the following algorithm to automate data transfers between the two systems:
- Create a trigger;
- Connect it to an event;
- Link an action to a trigger to launch it automatically.
Thus, transferring data to ActiveCampaign with the help of a trigger simplifies the integration. When something happens in Magento 2, the plugin transfers the corresponding data to the CRM platform.
For instance, a customer creates an account on your website; the extension rapidly provides the corresponding data to ActiveCampaign. The Magento 2 ActiveCampaign Integration Add-On for Improved Import & Export will help you forget about creating similar schemes manually! Follow the link below for more information regarding triggers: How to Run Magento 2 Import or Export After Specific System Event or Process.
Advanced Mapping Features
Map ActiveCampaign attributes to ones used in Magento 2 and vice versa to enable automated data transfers between the two systems. The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension radically simplifies the ActiveCampaign Magento 2 integration in terms of attributes and their values with the help of the following features:
Use our module to solve the problem of different attribute standards without headaches and enable the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration in the most intuitive way with mapping presets – predefined mapping schemes that eliminate manual attributes matching.
You no longer need to look for unsupported attributes and fix them. Our extension performs all the necessary improvements automatically. It analyzes the input data file transferred from ActiveCampaign, discovers third-party attributes, and matches them to the ones used in Magento. As for export processes, Magento 2 ActiveCampaign Integration Add-One for Improved Import & Export knows what attributes are required by the CRM system. It also modifies ones utilized in Magento according to the rules of the external platform. You only need to select a matching scheme suitable for your migration:
Importing/exporting data between ActiveCampaign and Magento 2 can also be based on manual attributes mapping right in the Magento admin! The Improved Import & Export module provides a unique matching interface which offers full control over the process: you specify external (internal) attributes and link them to the corresponding internal (external) ones in a particular grid enabling the data transfer. Here is how everything works:
Attribute Values Mapping
The Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension offers a separate interface for attribute values mapping that provides the ability to simplify the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign synchronization and automate it entirely. With our plugin, third-party designations will no longer interrupt transfers from ActiveCampaign to Magento 2 since you can choose an external value and specify its replacement. Repeat the procedure until all third-party designations are mapped to ones utilized in Magento 2. Note that the created schemes are saved and applied for further updates. For more details, read this article: Attribute Values Mapping.
Attribute Values Editing
If attribute values mapping is not enough, you can rely on attribute values editing. Transferring data from ActiveCampaign or other systems to Magento 2 can be automated with the ability to modify attribute values in bulk. Use the following rules:
- Add a prefix to multiple attribute values;
- Add a suffix to numerous attribute values;
- Split various attribute values;
- Merge many attribute values.
Note that you can combine them and create conditions increasing the efficiency of the applied changes. You can find more information in this article: How to Modify Attribute Values During Import and Export in Magento 2.
You won’t use category mapping in the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration. However, it dramatically simplifies other connection. You can match external categories to ones used internally, reducing the number of difficulties that usually occur when products are transferred from other platforms to Magento 2. The Improved Import & Export module allows mapping external product categories to ones used in your catalog as follows:
To create new categories right in the import job, choose a parent category, and specify a new one that will be generated automatically. Thus, the extension will link products to it during the import process. If your Magento 2 website doesn’t include a category from an imported file, it’s no longer a problem. You can find more information about this feature here: Category Mapping.
Attributes On The Fly
And if a data file provided from an external system lacks attributes, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension lets you create them on the fly via the following general form:
The feature is described here in more detail: Product attributes import.
Extended Connectivity Options
The fundamental aspect of the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension that enables the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration, as well as multiple other connections, is support for additional connectivity options. Designed to improve all data transfers and make the seamless Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration possible, they include numerous file formats and two alternative ways of transferring data between your e-commerce store and external systems. As for ActiveCampaign, the REST API standard is utilized as a first way of the integration.
Multiple File Standards
Although the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration cannot be based on data files, you can leverage them in other integrations. The Improved Import & Export extension supports CSV, XML, JSON, ODS, and Excel as well as unpacks file archives automatically while the default tools work with uncompressed CSV files only!
Multiple File Sources
The following file sources can be leveraged to import and export data files between Magento 2 and external systems:
- FTP/SFTP. Transfer data files using a local or remote server.
- Dropbox. Use a Dropbox account to establish a connection between the two systems. Alternatively, you can rely on Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, and Amazon Drive.
- URL. A direct URL can be used to import a data file as well.
Alternative Ways of Import & Export
Note that the alternative ways of import and export are not represented in Magento 2 by default. However, direct API connections are the only way to enable the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration.
As we’ve mentioned above, the Improved Import & Export extension provides the ability to leverage REST for the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign synchronization as well as other APIs if necessary. For instance, our module also works with SOAP (which is deprecated in the case of ActiveCampaign ) and GraphQL.
Note that all API connections support other extension’s features so that you can leverage mapping, schedules, and attributes on the fly while transferring data from Magento 2 to ActiveCampaign via REST API.
As for the intermediary services, you can rely on Google Sheets, Office 365 Excel, and Zoho Sheettransferring data to your e-commerce store. Although it is impossible to utilize them for the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration, other connections can be established with the help of various online sheets. The following image shows how to use Google Sheets to move data to Magento 2:
The video below displays other details of our extension:
ActiveCampaign is a modern and powerful CRM system that enables you to automate multiple daily processes as well as make them more efficient. Due to the user-friendly nature of the platform, you won’t spend much time learning how everything works in the admin. At the same time, you can effortlessly connect your Magento 2 website to Active Campaign using the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension. For further information about the Magento 2 ActiveCampaign integration, follow this link and contact our support: