We’ve already reviewed Mirasvit Help Desk MX, and now it is time to pay closer attention to Knowledge Base – a solution designed to provide your store visitors with answers to their most frequent questions. There are two reasons to use this tool: it substantially reduces support/helpdesk load, as well as saves your customers time. As a result, your admins have more time for more essential tasks, and your customers are more satisfied with the user experience you provide on your website. Below, we will describe how Mirasvit Knowledge Base for both Magento 2 and 1 works from the perspective of admins and buyers, but let’s have a look at its core functionality first.'
Knowledge Base enables you to combine the most frequently asked questions with other helpful information in the form of articles divided between categories. With the module, your visitors get a fast and intuitive self-service that supports searching by a single word, phrase, or tags and offers surfing through categories via the right menu or breadcrumbs. Besides, the Knowledge Base Magento extension is fully customizable, has a built-in WYSIWYG editor (but you can still edit everything via HTML), and is SEO friendly (supports meta tags).
Table of contents
- Clear Interface. Mirasvit Knowledge Base offers a clear interface to both admins and store visitors, so both groups of users will easily understand everything at a glance.
- Search Results. The extension shows the most relevant search results at a glance.
- Ratings. With this feature, you can organize all articles by their quality according to the customers’ ratings.
- SEO. With SEO friendly URLs, snippets, and meta tags and descriptions, Mirasvit Knowledge Base for Magento 2 and 1 brings the most significant SEO improvements.
Advantages of Mirasvit Knowledge Base
Mirasvit highlights the following advantages of its module:
- Convenient structure: your customers can always find answers to their questions due to a conveniently organized knowledge base and user-friendly navigation through the article categories.
- Advanced search: the module performs the search by categories, article content, and tags. Customers can utilize single words, word combinations, or exact phrases for the search inquiry.
- Time-saving solution: self-service principles behind Knowledge Base help customers save a lot of time by eliminating the need to use the helpdesk. At the same time, you create less work for your helpdesk team.
- WYSIWYG editor: a great admin-oriented feature that enables users to create custom descriptions.
- SEO features: as mentioned above, the Magento 2 FAQ module brings vital SEO improvements, helping your website to get a better ranking in the Google search results.
- Articles in multiple categories: the extension lets you make articles available in various categories.
- Ratings and votes: you can fully leverage ratings and votes with Mirasvit Knowledge Base.
So, let’s see how all these features are implemented in the Magento backend!
All your articles are gathered in a grid divided into the following columns: checkbox, Title, Active, User, Category, Store View, Created, Modified, and Action. All columns except the first and last one have sorting options, so you can easily rearrange all articles in ascending, descending, or alphabetical order. Besides, it is possible to set specific filter parameters, such as a title, category, user, or date range, to find a particular article faster.
While creating a new article, you need to deal with three tabs of options: General Information, Meta Information, and Rating.
On the General Information tab, you specify the title of your article and add its text. By clicking the Show / Hide Editor button, you can switch between WYSIWYG and HTML.
Then, it is necessary to enter a URL key, choose the status, specify a sort order, store views, customer groups, and author, as well as add tags and categories (you can create new ones).
To add a new category, hit the appropriate button. A new screen will appear where you should specify a category name and choose a parent category.
Now, let’s check the Meta Information tab of the New Article page. It is quite straightforward since you only have 3 fields here: Meta Title, Meta Keywords, and Meta Description.
As for Rating, you can set the number of votes and rating of a new article here.
The Knowledge Base & FAQ Magento 2 extension lets you manage categories via the appropriate page. Here, you also get a tree of your categories and two additional buttons – Add Root Category and Add Subcategory. By clicking these buttons, you can add a category of a zero level or subcategory of a lower level, correspondingly.
If you want to create a new root category, first, specify its title, set status as active or inactive, and select appropriate store views in the General tab of the edit panel.
Then, switch to the Design & Content tab and enter the text for the category description. Here, you can also choose a display mode (Default or Extended) and specify the Layout Update XML.
The general settings of Mirasvit Knowledge Base for Magento 2 and 1 are quite simple. They are divided into 2 sections: General Settings and Comments. In General Settings, you specify a frontend base URL, enable/disable articles rating and SEO friendly URLs, and set a limit for the number of an article’s links on a category view page. Besides, here you decide whether to hide or show an article’s author name and date of creation and set the number of articles within a category. It is also possible to exclude categories’ URL keys from a final URL in this section.
As for comments, you choose a provider and its short name here.
Below, you can see how Knowledge Base looks from the perspective of visitors. The main page includes a search field and all available categories, subcategories, and articles.
Each category page has a similar structure:
On a subcategory page, a customer also gets sorting options (by Position, Date, or Rating) and a right menu with categories tree:
As for the article, its page looks as follows:
Note that some page elements can be disabled in the backend, so you can change the look of an average article page. For instance, Mirasvit Knowledge Base for both Magento 2 and 1 lets you turn off ratings and comments. But we do not recommend to do so since these are user-oriented features that have a positive impact on your customers.
You can use Mirasvit Knowledge Base separately or in combination with Help Desk MX. In the second case, the module will let you streamline the full potential of the helpdesk tool. However, it is also an independent solution that significantly improves the default user experience of Magento 2 and 1. Mirasvit Knowledge Base costs $99, and you can purchase the module here:'