We’ve already reviewed the Loyalty Program extension by Amasty, and below you can find the overview of its competitor – Loyalty Program by Extendware. In the following post, we shed light on the extension’s features as well as provide a brief Magento extension tutorial related to the backend functionality. If you are going to enhance sales, then reward your customers with discounts. And the best way to achieve this goal is to incentivize customers to choose your online storefront due to its loyalty programs.'
Extendware Loyalty program allows you to create various loyalty programs on the basis of such parameters as order history, account age, and average order amount. With this criteria, you will be able to create unique sales rules that will help you reward buyers in the most precise manner, making them feel like they invest in your business with every purchase. This filling is one of core reasons for people to become repeat customers.
Below, you can find a few examples of what is possible with the Extendware Loyalty Program Magento module.
First of all, the extension enables you to provide anyone who has purchased over $Y within the last Z months with an X% discount.
Next, it is possible to give a discount if a customer order size is more than $X.
It is also necessary to mention that the Extendware Loyalty Program Magento plugin gives an opportunity to limit all your loyalty programs to those buyers who have been customers for a certain period of time.
Before we proceed to the extension’s features, take a look at what other think about it:
- Total order value in the last X time. You can create a loyalty program on a basis of a customer total purchase value. Specify a certain period of time (e.g. last 6 months) to make your program more precise. Note that in this case the extension does not use the Magento sales rule, so you easily avoid conflicts between rules.
- Average order value in the last X time. Alternatively, you can rely on an average order value while creating a new loyalty program. And of course it is possible to make the program more precise by adding a certain amount of time to the algorithm.
- Age of the account. Another sales rule, you can use with the Extendware Loyalty Program Magento module, is related to the age of a customer account. Set a minimum period (e.g. one year) after which your customers are rewarded, and you will increase a level of trust and loyalty.
- Leverage All Past Purchases. If your customers know they are rewarded on the basis of their total past purchase history, you essentially increase chances they will return to your website to make a new purchase. Let past, present, and future buyers know they invest in your store, and they will choose you over a competitor.
- Minimum Number of Orders. To become valid for a loyalty program, a customer should make a minimum number of orders (1, 3, 8, etc).
- Improved Discount System. In case of default Magento, there is a necessity to split an order into several smaller orders to get a discount. After installing Extendware Loyalty Program for Magento, you solve this problem, since customers get the ability to qualify for a discount on the marginal dollar. If you provide a discount at the $X level and they order $(X + 200) in product, then the final $200 receive the discount.
- Traditional Discount System. A traditional discount mode is supported as well, so you can use it instead of the marginal dollar.
- Multiple Programs Support. The module enables you to create an unlimited number of loyalty programs. Furthermore, you can use a different reward structure for each one. The feature is especially helpful when you are trying to target different customer groups.
- Advanced Approach to Products. Extendware Loyalty Program allows you to include/exclude certain products from the loyalty program. Consequently, it is possible to eliminate low-margin products from the program. Moreover, the extension supports including / excluding them for a limited period of time.
- Advanced Approach to Customers. The same is about customers. Thus, you can offer a discount for those clients who do not comply with the loyalty program rules as well as exclude ones who satisfy the requirements.
- Non-Shopping Cart Transactions. You can easily add all non-shopping cart transactions from the backend. All investments can be easily counted towards the loyalty program.
- Customer Stats. All loyalty program related data is available in the account center, so each customer can see order statistics and calculate the investment.
Go to Extendware -> Manage Extensions -> Loyalty -> Programs and click Add Loyalty Program. You have to deal with 5 tabs of settings: General, Discount Action, Discount Action Conditions, Discount Actions Overrides, Customer Eligibility Overrides, and Miscellaneous.
Under the General tab, you can find two sections: General Information and Eligibility Information. In the first one, you enable a new loyalty program, specify its name, choose a discount mode (marginal or traditional) and a processing mode (stop on match or always continue), as well as set a priority to avoid conflicts.
As for Eligibility Information, you can specify a time diapason for the loyalty program, a minimum number of purchases, customer groups and store views.
Next, add discount actions. You can as much actions for a single loyalty program as you need. Every discount action consist of the following parameters:
- Discount Amount;
- Period Magnitude;
- Period Time.
While adding discount action conditions, you have to deal with product attributes. On the following illustration, you can see that the extension lets you specify sort order, choose attributes, condition, and value. Set the default state to fail.
Under the Discount Action Overrides, you can include / exclude products from being discounted despite other conditions. Their state can be changed in the last column of the grid.
The same is about Customer Eligibility Overrides.
Under the Miscellaneous tab, you specify public name and description of the loyalty program. Don’t forget to save the program.
Now, your Loyalty Program grid contains a new program called Test. As for the grid, it specifies program’s ID, Status, Name, Priority, and date of creation. You can apply mass actions and edit each loyalty program from this page.
Let’s see how transactions are added manually. Go to Extendware -> Manage Extensions -> Loyalty -> Manual Transactions. The Additional Transactions grid consists of the following columns:
- Customer Email;
To add a new transaction, hit Add additional Transaction. Enable a new transaction (Status), choose its type (Order is counted towards average order value; Transaction is not), add a customer, specify the amount of transaction, and set the date when the amount was transacted. Besides, you can add internal notes about the transaction. Click Save – now the transaction is available in the Additional Transactions grid.
To configure the extension, go to Extendware -> Manage Extensions -> Loyalty -> Configure. The Extendware Loyalty Program Magento extension lets you choose order states: Complete, Processing, Holded, and Payment Review. Only orders with the chosen states will be considered when calculating amounts.
From the perspective of a registered customer, Extendware Loyalty Program Magento module has the following appearance:
The Loyalty Program tab contains a separate grid with order stats as well as a list of available discounts and necessary conditions. As a result, a customer can easily find out what he or she should do to get a desired discount.
Extendware Loyalty Program for Magento is a very flexible solution for motivating your clients to purchase more. It has a very user-friendly backend and an intuitive tub on a user account page. As for the price of the tool, it costs just $89, so don’t hesitate to give it a try.'