MexBS Dynamic Tier Extension allows mass-updating the tier prices of the products in Magento. For Magento 2.0 or 2.1 – it also allows setting a percent discount or a fixed discount as the product tier price. (In Magento 2.2 and higher, this functionality is part of Magento core).
Tier pricing is one of the most popular marketing tactics in ecommerce. It is used to encourage customers to buy higher quantities of products.
That is why it is so important to be able to manage, update and delete tier prices in a fast and efficient manner. MexBS Dynamic Tier Extension helps to achieve this goal. It makes it possible to bulk update and delete tier prices. It is straightforward to use and saves you tons of work and time.
Another great feature of the extension is the ability to set a percent discount tier and a fixed discount tier. Percent discount tier can be beneficial in many cases. For example when you want to make it clear to the customer what discount he gets. In “Buy three items and save 10%” the customer doesn’t need to calculate the discount that he gets – clearly, it is 10%. By comparison, in “Buy three items for $50” he needs to do that.
Another example is when you want to make a tier pricing promotion that is easy to remember. A percent discount tier on all the products is easily memorable. By comparison, a different fixed tier price per product is tough to memorize. It is much easier for the customer to remember “Buy three items and save 10%”. By comparison, “Buy three items from category A for $40, buy three items from category B for $50 ..” is very hard to memorize.
Out of the box, Magento introduced the percent discount tier in the 2.2 version. Before, it was only possible to set the tier price as a fixed price. Therefore, the extension adds the percent tier feature (as well as the fixed discount tier) only to Magento 2.0 and 2.1 versions.
Table of contents
- Set up the tier price as a percent discount (for Magento 2.0.x and 2.1.x only)
- Set up the tier price as a fixed discount (for Magento 2.0.x and 2.1.x only)
- Mass update tier prices of many products at once
Before Magento 2.2 the tier prices in native Magento could only be fixed prices. MexBS Dynamic Tier Extension solves this problem. Using the extension, the admin can set the product tier prices as percent discounts or fixed discounts.
The extension also adds the mass update functionality. That is, it allows to bulk update tier prices of many products at once. It is a handy feature if you have a big catalog. If you have a big catalog, it can be a hard job to update the tier prices manually. The mass update feature makes your life easier.
The extension adds the mass update to the Magento attributes update functionality. That is, in the products grid, the admin user marks the products that he wants to update. Then he clicks “Update Attributes”, sets the desired tiered prices and clicks “Save”.
Is this Extension the right choice for me?
Here are the cases for which the extension can provide a solution. If one of them describes your needs, this extension will fulfill them.
- You have a big catalog, and you want to update product tier prices fast. The mass tier price update feature makes it easy to update tier prices of big catalogs.
- You need to change the tier prices on a frequent base. Updating products one by one can be tedious. The mass tier price update feature makes it easy to update tier prices.
- You are running Magento 2.0 or 2.1, and you want to use a percent discount tier or a fixed discount tier. In these versions, native Magento doesn’t allow it. The extension makes it possible to set a percent discount or a fixed discount as the product tier price.
On the frontend, there is no difference in the product view. No matter what the tier price type is (percent discount, fixed price or fixed discount) – Magento always shows the percent value. In the following example, we’ve set the tier price to be 10% discount.
Set the tier price as a percent discount or a fixed discount
In the backend product view, the extension adds a “Price / Discount Type” column to the Tier Price field. The available selections are Fixed Price, Percent Discount and Fixed Discount.
- Fixed Price – same as in native Magento, it sets a fixed tier price.
- Percent Discount – the tier price is the regular price discounted by this percent. For example: Buy a quantity of 3 with a 10% discount.
- Fixed Discount – the tier price is the regular price discounted by this amount. For example: Buy a quantity of 3 with $10 discount.
Mass update tier prices
In the products grid, the admin marks the products for which he wants to update tier prices. Then he clicks on “Update Attributes”. Then he sets the tiered prices, and clicks “Save”.
Why should I trust MexBS?
All MexBS extensions are Magento Marketplace approved. That is they were all tested and qualified by the Magento Marketplace team. Recently,
- Free lifetime support
- Free installation
- 30 days money back guarantee
- 100% open source
If you need a handy tool to mass update the tier prices – this extension is for you. It is also the solution if you are running Magento 2.0 or 2.1 and you need the percent discount or a fixed discount tier price. Its current price is $99.