We’ve already reviewed a lot of extensions developed for creating data feeds. Advanced Product Feeds by Mirasvit, Product Feed Export by Xtento, and Data Feed Manager by Wyomind impressed us with their usefulness and user-friendliness. But what about Product Feeds by Extendware? How reliable is the module? These questions became a reason to create the following Magento extension tutorial and review.'
The module lets you seamlessly create product feeds for Google, Yahoo, Shopping.com, and tons of other engines and platforms. As a store owner, you get a perfect opportunity to expand your influence on the market increasing revenue as a result. It is obvious that a Magento website (or other ecommerce store) can only succeed if potentials customers know about its products. The more people find the on internet, the higher sales take place. That’s why tools like Extendware’s Product Feeds Magento extension are vital. They allow you to create custom data feeds and submit them to various product search engines.
And with the Extendware Product Feeds Magento extension, you get all the tools necessary for creating feeds for all possible services that accept CSV and XML formats. Furthermore, it is even possible to generate feeds for your own customers. It is especially useful in case dropshipping or wholesale businesses. Before we go any further, check the following reviews:
- Unlimited Number of Feeds (you can generate literally hundreds of feeds for all possible services);
- Multiple Formats (the extension generates feeds in XML and CSV / TXT formats. Choose one that is accepted by your shopping engine);
- Several Export Types (the Magento module allows you to send feed to third parties via URL or FTP);.
- Custom Option Segmentation (the feature is especially useful if you use custom options to manage the various options instead of configurable products).
- Product Attribute Mapping (you are free to map product attributes to fields via a point and click editor);
- Multiple Attributes per Column (the extension lets you combine multiple attributes in a fields reporting more date: “[Brand] – [Name]”);
- Dynamic Attribute Values (the Extendware Product Feeds Magento module allows you to multiply, added to, subtracted from, or divide dynamic attributes);
- Product Filters (product filters of the extension are powerful enough to exclude certain products from the feed);
- Unlimited Distributions for Each Feed (each data feed can be distributed to an unlimited number of third-party services);
- Currency Conversion (in case you are going to attract buyers from multiple countries, the module has one handy feature – Currency Conversion. It lets you create feeds that represent a currency used in each particular country);
- Special Attributes (they are supported to);
- Events and Observers (both can be utilized to modify special attributes that does not fit one of the default ones)
- Field Output Formats (another important feature is related to various output formats for fields. Thus, you can easily use extension to create fields with no leading white space or html encoded data; any number of feeds with any number of attributes in any format can be created);
- Custom Time Intervals (as a store owner, you can easily set any time interval for feeds to be generated);
- Advanced Dynamic Attributes (if a provider requires the tax to be included in the price, you can seamlessly do this by using dynamic attributes; change field values on the basis of various product characteristics).
You can configure the extension under Extendware -> Manage Extensions -> Feed Creator -> Configure. There are two tabs available there: General that lets enable/disable the module and advanced that provides the ability to register custom attributes, enable/disable Magento generation cron, choose maximum execution time and a maximum number of products loaded in memory.
All your feeds are gathered under Catalog -> Feeds -> Feeds. Here, you can create a new feed. Hit the Add Feed button.
Choose its type (CSV/TXT or XML);
Fill in General options (Status; Name; Store View, and Generation Interval);
Do Column Mapping;
Specify Format Information (show Header or not, what type of delimiter to use, what character should surround individual fields, what new line format should be used between rows, apply enclose Spaces or not, enable/disable custom header status, what custom header to use);
Next, add filters;
Customize advanced options if necessary (Segmentable Custom Options; File Content Prefix; Max Parent Categories; and Category Separator).
To create a new distribution, choose your newly generated feed and select its type (URL or FTP), and hit Continue;
Specify the name of the generation and its path. You can also choose its mode (Interval or On Feed Update).
Now, let’s create a dynamic attribute. Go to the Manage Dynamic Attributes page and hit Add Dynamic Attribute.
Specify attribute’s Name and Code.
The Extendware Product Feeds Magento extension has a very intuitive backend but at the same time offers a lot of advanced options that will always help you create the most complicated feed. It’s a great tool for everyone who wants to expand the existing ecommerce business to new shopping engines and platforms. You can purchase the module for $129.
Keep in mind that FireBear offers a free Product Feed Export add-on for Magento 2 that allows you to transfer your product feeds to such famous marketplaces as Google Shopping, Yandex Market, eBay, Facebook Page Shops, Amazon (Inventory, Marketplace, Ads), etc.'