If you are tired of slow checkout, product saving, and tags flushing, then you’ve come to the right place. Although some specialists insist that it is necessary to perform a lot of customizations in order to solve this performance problems, we know a better way – install the Extendware Cache Backends / Faster Checkout Magento extension and you will forever forget about them. Below, we describe core features of the extension and shed light on how to configure it. Performance improvements have never been so easy.
Note that it is recommended to use the tool additionally to Magento Full Page Cache by Extendware. Thus, you will dramatically increase the speed of adding products to cart, product saving, and checkout.
Now, let’s describe the nature of the extension. Extendware’s optimized file and Redis cache backend are designed for the first-class tagging support. In comparison with memcache, APC, and other Magento memory-based backends, Redis backend has a set of benefits. Being a pure-memory cache backend, it provides tagging support without a dependency on a slow file cache. As a result, the extension hugely increases flushing cache system performance. Consequently, it improves the productivity and speed of both Magento cache and Full Page Cache.
If the following actions take too much time, flush by tags slows down your store:
- Add to cart;
- Saving a product in the backend;
To improve the performance, install Extendware Cache Backends / Faster Checkout. Note that the extension does not require using Redis. The Optimized File backend becomes the preferred backend. Before we go any further, check some reviews by other extension users:
- Two New Cache Backends. File based cache backend with optimized tagging support and Redis memory cache.
- Improved Product Savings. The extension decreases time necessary for Magento to perform a flush by tag while saving a product. Flushing becomes essentially faster. Flushing by tags performance increase by 50+ times.
- Faster Checkout. The Magento checkout is also based on tags flushing. On a large Magento installation, this procedure becomes very slow, but the Extendware Cache Backends / Faster Checkout Magento extension solves the problem.
- Memory-Only Cache. By default, Magento supports memcache / APC as a memory based cache backend. But due to the lack of tagging support, a slower file based cache backend is used simultaneously. Luckily, Extendware changes this situation by providing a pure memory based cache backend.
As for the configuration, Extendware does not even provides a demo version of the module, since there is nothing to illustrate in its backend. You only install the extension and it starts doing its work – a great idea for such an important tool. Thus, you don’t need any third-party specialists to give it a go.
The Extendware Cache Backends / Faster Checkout Magento extension is an extremely useful solution for big Magento installations. While its improvements will be hardly visible in case of small stores (which often don’t have the aforementioned problems), Cache Backends / Faster Checkout dramatically increases the performance of big installations, and $149 is quite a reasonable price for the tool and improvements it provides.