We’ve already reviewed several reliable abandoned cart Magento extensions – Mirasvit Follow Up Email Extension, Amasty Abandoned Cart Email, and AheadWorks Follow Up Email Module – and today it’s time to pay extra attention to the solution by Extendware. As others, it provides the ability to capture additional sales by emailing customers who have abandoned their shopping carts. Thus, you get a great tool for motivating people return to your ecommerce storefront if they didn’t purchase anything. As a store admin, you are allowed to send an unlimited number of follow-ups. Furthermore, the extension lets you attach an automatically generated coupons to emails in order to incentivize potential buyers recover abandoned carts. Sounds familiar, but don’t jump to conclusions so fast, since below we have a lot of information about the Extendware Abandoned Cart Email Magento extension.'
As you can see, the Abandoned Cart Email extension by Extendware helps recapture lost sales caused by cart abandonment. Unfortunately, customers often leave an ecommerce website without completing the purchase. Frequently, they don’t even add products to their carts, but what are the reasons to quit for those clients who already placed something to the cart? and abandon their cart without completing the purchase. They are often confused by the check-out process. An unexpected total price is also a widespread reason to abandon the cart. There is a situation when a potential buyer wants to compare current conditions with ones on another website or in a brick-and-mortar store.
Although we can name dozens other cases, they lead to the same consequences: the cart is abandoned, the customer is no longer on your website, and the purchase is lost. Buy you can essentially improve the situation by installing the Extendware Magento Abandoned Cart Email extension. After an easy and intuitive configuration procedure (e.g. you have to enable the module and set time intervals for sending follow-ups), the module will send emails intervals to the customer reminding about abandoned carts. To make your offer to return more valuable, you can include a coupon in the reminder.
Note that Extendware Abandoned Cart Email works well in case of both guests and registered visitors, even if you’ve disabled guest checkout, but guest visitors must enter their email addresses on the billing page. There is no need to submit the form or proceed to the next checkout section, since the email is captured via AJAX. As a Magento admin, you can easily view all abandoned carts. Just go to Reports -> Shopping -> Abandoned carts.
Below, we provide some core features of the Extendware Abandoned Cart Email extension, but before we go any further, take a look at the following reviews:
- Recovered Lost Sales. The aforementioned abandoned carts are equal to lost sales. Therefore, by sending follow-ups and using coupons, you incentivize purchases and recover lost sales.
- Bump in Store Revenue. The extension is designed to increase store revenue automatically. This happens due to the ability to decrease losses caused by cart abandonment. Thus, the Abandoned Cart Emails extension can rapidly pay for itself, especially with such a low price – just $79.
- Unlimited Follow-ups. It’s up to you to decide how much reminders the extension sends to each customer. 1, 3, 5, 10 or an unlimited number of follow-ups are possible with Extendware Abandoned Cart. Note that it is possible to create a unique setting for each store.
- Guest Reminders. As we’ve already mentioned, guest reminders are supported along with follow-ups to registered users, but only is an email address is entered in a billing form.
- One Step Checkout. Unfortunately, not all modules support third-party one step checkout solutions, but Extendware Abandoned Cart Email is not in this list. The tool perfectly works with all possible extensions aimed at implementing the improved checkout procedure on your Magento website.
- Customer Groups Support. The module knows your customer groups, so it is possible to enable/disable reminders for the chosen ones. It is especially useful if you work with wholesalers and do not want to irritate them with follow-up messages.
- Coupons. Coupons always engage customers to buy something. In case of abandoned carts, they also act as a motivating factor for completing sales. In case of the Extendware Abandoned Cart Email Magento extension, you get various coupon types. Note that they are highly customizable, so you can adjust such parameters as priority, discount, expiration date, or a minimum cart value for the coupon to be applied.
- Coupon Codes. Each coupon can be used only once, since it has a unique code. Coupons can not be shared or published somewhere else.
- Google Analytics Integration. The extension is integrated with Google Analytics, so you can easily track all sent emails. After a customer clicks on the recovery link the URL is includes appropriate tracking parameters.
- Product Lists. From the perspective of a buyer, Extendware Abandoned Cart Email is also user-friendly, since it lets restore abandoned cart right from the follow-up. The customer gets a complete list of purchased goods right in the email. The cart can be restore by clicking a link from the reminder.
- Advanced Conditions. The extension provides a set of advanced conditions. For instance, you can set a minimum cart value for adding a coupon, exclude certain items from the list of discounted goods, or create other conditions that correspond to your business model.
- Tracking Capabilities. You can easily check who recovered his or her cart due to a history log. Such actions as cart recovery and coupon usage are recorded there.
- Customizable Reminder Template. Extendware Abandoned Cart Email lets you modify remainder templates. You can find and change then under System -> Transactional Emails.
- Delayed Sending. If items from the abandoned cart are out of stock, you can easily delay the reminder until they return to the store.
- Customizable Delay Period. The period between reminders can be set manually in accordance with your needs.
- Time of Checkout. The extension even displays the time the order was placed. This feature essentially simplifies history grid tracking.
- Telephone Numbers. In addition to emails, Extendware Abandoned Cart Email captures phone numbers, so you can use your phone to reach selected customers.
- Better Email Tracking. Copies of reminders can be sent to a chosen email addresses. This feature essentially simplifies email tracking.
- Manual Controls. The module allows you to turn off auto sending, so you may manually send reminders as well as edit them before sending.
- Ability to Unsubscribe. Another buyer-oriented feature is related to the ability to unsubscribe from reminders. Thus, you can be compliant with local laws as well as get more loyal customers.
- Completely Controlled Reminders. The chain of remainders can be stopped in three different ways. As mentioned above, a customer can unsubscribe from follow-ups. Besides, he or she can stop receiving emails by recovering the abandoned cart or placing the purchase. As a Magento owner, you decide which method should be used.
Note that Extendware provides the ability to add custom features to the extension. You just have to contact the company.
The extension configuration page is available under Extendware -> Manage Extensions -> Cart Reminder -> Configure. General extension settings are available under the appropriate tab on the left part of the screen. Besides, there are all reminders listed there. The General tab contains the following sections: General, Generation, E-mail, and Advanced.
The first section lets you enable sending reminders (Status), specify their maximum number (Number of Reminders), decide whether the chain of reminders should be stopped after clicking a link in the reminder email (Stop After Visiting) or after making a purchase (Stop After Ordering). Another useful option here is Ajax Email Capture. It lets you send emails to guest visitors.
In the Generation section, you can disable Auto Generation. This lets you send reminders manually. If enabled, you specify a delay before a cart is considered inactive and a reminder is generated (Delay and Delay Period options), decide whether to include/exclude hidden products, disable reminders for certain customer groups, specify a number of days for Quote Reset, Remind Protection, and Order Protection (all are related to a new reminder stream).
The E-mail section allows you to enable/disable automated follow-ups sending (Auto Send) and specify Email Sender, a default customer name (is used if a customer did not specify their own name), and an email address for sending coppied reminders (BCC).
In Advanced section, there are only two options: Redirect Route – specify a route a customer will be redirected to after clicking on the recover cart URL; and Use Magento Cron (if disabled, set up the cron jobs manually).
Each Reminder tab is divided into 3 sections: E-mail, Conditions, and Coupon. The E-mail section lets you select the template of the follow-up (E-mail Template). Note that it is possible to create your own templates under System -> Transactional Emails. Next, you specify how long to wait before reminder is sent: add Delay Magnitude, specify Delay Period (seconds, minutes, hours, or days), and choose Delay Reference (if the delay is greater than the delay you have set – the reminder is sent). The last option in this section – Google Tracking Params – lets you enter URL parameters you want to add to the recovery cart URL.
The Conditions section, allows you to make your follow-ups more precise. Enable “Require Products In Stock”, and reminders will not be sent unless at least one of the products from the abandoned cart is in stock. Next, choose Backup Action (it can be send or delete) for reminders is the queue. If they stay there for too long, the chosen action will be applied. The extension also lets you specify Delay Magnitude and Period – how long to wait until the chosen action is applied.
The Coupon section provides the ability to enable/disable the feature (Status). If the feature is enabled, you should choose Generation Mode – Create or Copy. Note that Copy requires you to create a coupon in Promotions -> Shopping Cart Price Rules (you can use various advanced features). Next, you specify Sales Rule ID, Expiry, and Priority.
If the Create generation mode is used, choose coupon type (percent discount per product, fixed amount discount per product, fixed amount discount per whole cart) discount amount (Coupon Amount), minimum subtotal, expiry, enable/disable further rule processing, and set the priority of the coupon.
Note that all your reminders are available under the Newsletter tab in Abandoned Cart Reminders.
And this is how you edit each reminder:
Extendware Abandoned Cart Email is a reliable tool for recovering abandoned carts. The extension provides tons of useful options that allow to fully customize the way you notify your clients about forgotten carts. As a Magento admin, you can do everything manually or fine tune the extension to perform all actions automatically. The module works with other third-party solutions and is fully integrated into the Magento system, so you don’t have to be afraid about conflicts.
As for the price, it is the most democratic price for such a useful tool – just $79. So, don’t hesitate to give the extension a go, especially while Extendware offers a 30-day moneyback guarantee. One month is enough to evaluate the module and to add it to the list of the most favorite tools.'