In this post, we are going to cover the best 7 Oracle books that you can find helpful for a successful examination completion or just programming skills improvement. These manuals are known for their comprehensive coverage of the topics and simple manner of explanation. So, enjoy reading 🙂'
Table of contents
- 1 Oracle SOA Infrastructure Implementation Certification Handbook (1Z0-451)
- 2 ORACLE PL/SQL 101 (Oracle Press)
- 3 Oracle E-Business Suite Manufacturing & Supply Chain Management
- 4 OCA Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-071) (Oracle Press) 2nd Edition
- 5 Oracle Certified Master 11g Study Guide Paperback – October 7, 2016
- 6 OCA Oracle Database 12c SQL Fundamentals I Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-061) (Oracle Press) 2nd Edition
- 7 Oracle Database 11g PL/SQL Programming (Oracle Press) 1st Edition
- 8 Conclusion
Oracle SOA Infrastructure Implementation Certification Handbook (1Z0-451)
The first book we would like to touch upon is Oracle SOA Infrastructure Implementation Certification Handbook (1Z0-451). They say that there is no other similar manual that could cover Oracle SOA Foundation Practitioner syllabus in such a comprehensive manner. In case you are willing to pass the exam, this book will be a great assistant in achieving the goal.
So, let’s discover what will be the outcome when you finish reading Oracle SOA Infrastructure Implementation Certification Handbook. First of all, the book provides you with the material on fundamental Concepts of SOA as well as makes sure you can distinguish the SOA Suite 11g components. If you are not familiar at all with Technology Adapters, there is no problem because the manual will make you immerse in the topic to get a full understanding of what it is. Apart from it, you will be taught how to appropriately apply Mediator for implementing SCA components as well as external services integration. For you to know how to design a reliable Security Policy, the book offers lots of examples and practical tips. Anyway, there is a great deal of topics covered which are quite necessary for today’s programming world.
Besides, we would like to emphasize on its approach to delivering the material. The authors took into consideration the fact that students find theory extremely boring, unless it is incorporated in practice. Therefore, they offer a decent amount of great examples and highlight the key aspects of each particular topic covered. Thus, the studying process becomes way much easier to perceive. Furthermore, there are lots of quizzes to take after each learnt chapter. It will help you find out whether you have studied well the material or you still lack some confidence when it comes to a particular theme.
What we can assure you of is that while reading it, you will get into the atmosphere of a real SOA Foundation Practitioner exam.
Consequently, if you are a technical consultants, application developer or SOA architect and you are thinking about taking 1Z0-451 Oracle SOA Foundation Practitioner exam, then this book might play a crucial role in attaining your Certification.
To make a long story short, this powerful guide can provide you with all necessary material which will help you attain your Oracle SOA Infrastructure Implementation Certification. At first, it introduces some basic concepts of SOA and as the book progress, it will lead you to more complicated topics, like composite application development.
ORACLE PL/SQL 101 (Oracle Press)
Well, you might have already heard of Oracle PL/SQL 101 due to its thorough and simple explanation of intricate things. It’s true that the book will assist you in mastering SQL and PL/SQL so you could apply them in your Oracle database, automating and simplifying complicated tasks. For you to learn the topic in a profound and sound way, Oracle PL/SQL 101 provides a detailed, but reader-friendly material and comprises a huge variety of exercises to practise things that you have learnt. At first, the manual concentrates on database basics and then moves to more specific topics like creating, applying SQL functions as well as storing, retrieving data, writing PL/SQL programs, etc.
In short, having read the book, you will be able to:
In order to get an objective review, let’s take a look at what Oracle PL/SQL 101 readers think about the guide:
Oracle E-Business Suite Manufacturing & Supply Chain Management
In case, you are interested in creating your own e-business, Oracle E-Business Suite Manufacturing & Supply Chain Management will become an indispensable assistant in providing a relevant and worth-reading material. The manual includes thorough explanations on how to implement different processes like: planning, engineering, order fulfillment, pricing, etc. Besides, you will be able to efficiently utilize your resources to develop as well as deliver goods way much faster than your rivals. Furthermore, the guide is considered as being a fully authorized by Oracle manual, therefore there is no doubt about its usefulness and relevancy. If you are thinking of establishing a successful global e-business, there is no way to avoid reading this guide. With its assistance, you will learn how to:
As usual, we include some reviews of people who have already read the manual to find out how helpful it is:
However, before we get down to discussing another guide, we would like to highlight the fact that Oracle E-Business Suite Manufacturing & Supply Chain Management was written by Nigel King, Bastin Gerald, and Dan Natchek who dedicated their life to Oracle Corporation, thus we can come up to a conclusion that the guide delivers its information with passion. So, you won’t get bored stiff while reading it.
OCA Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-071) (Oracle Press) 2nd Edition
Are you going to sit an SQL Certified Associate Exam? Then you should be highly motivated to read OCA Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-071) Oracle Press 2nd Edition. The book itself is designed for self-preparation to get a handle on all current topics of the Oracle Database SQL Expert exam. However, if you think you lack some knowledge to get a job – no problem, the manual offers lots of detailed explanations, yet in a simple manner, a great variety of examples on how to apply the learnt material, and helpful summaries to make sure you are on the same page with the author. Apart from it, you will be exposed to a real exam atmosphere since the guide includes two practice tests which will not differ from the actual procedure format of the exam.
The topics covered in OCA Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-071) are:
Oracle Certified Master 11g Study Guide Paperback – October 7, 2016
Congratulations! You have successfully passed the Oracle DBA 11g Certified Master Exam. Now are you considered as being a part of Oracle professionals.
We are sure that every single Oracle DBA would be extremely excited to receive such a pleasant letter. Provided you are willing to be on that list, then this book is must-read guide since it covers all necessary topics as well as provides a great deal of practical OCM scenarios. The manual is comprised of 9 chapters:
- Server Configuration. In this part, you will be provided with a detailed material which will gradually explain how to setup Oracle 11g Database Software and to create a new database with the help of GUI and other similar silent modes.
- Enterprise Manager Grid Control. In the beginning of the chapter, you learn comprehensively how to install OEM Grid Control with the help of different visuals, covering everything from download methods of OEM elements to final installation phase. Besides, you will be able to get a handle on Programs, Schedulers, Alerts, and Notifications creation as well as Jobs automatization.
- Managing Database Availability. For you to be sure that the work done will never get lost, the Managing Database Availability chapter touches upon one of the most substantial topics – database recovery. You will be provided with a variety of failure cases to prevent their appearance within your own database.
- Data Management. There is no way to avoid applying different materialized view as well as materialized view log types when it comes to Data Management, so the chapter offers a detailed material on its utilization.
- Data Warehouse Management. While reading this chapter, you will be able to master the partition and management of large objects as well as practically apply the SecureFile LOB features.
- Performance Tuning. if you are not familiar with SQL Tuning tools, like SQL Access Advisor, SQL Performance Advisor, and SQL Tuning Advisor, the chapter comprises all necessary material which will definitely come in handy when you decide to apply them. Apart from it, you will find other helpful tips to ensure Performance tuning.
- Grid Infrastructure and ASM. In essence, the chapter provides a step-by-step explanation on how to install Oracle Grid Infrastructure as well as discusses all fundamental aspects of Grid Infrastructure and ASM: Oracle ASM technology, ASM diskgroups creation, failure groups configuration etc. Besides, you will be taught how to create and manage ACFS file system.
- Real Application Clusters. Basically, the 8th part of the book sheds light upon a RAC database creation as well as ASM configuration with the help of CLI.
- Data Guard. And finally, the last chapter explains how to create a data guard with the assistance of CLI, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and data guard broker.
In short, a great source of information for you to master the aforementioned topics.
OCA Oracle Database 12c SQL Fundamentals I Exam Guide (Exam 1Z0-061) (Oracle Press) 2nd Edition
To get ready for your Oracle Certified Associate Database 12c SQL Fundamentals exam without this guide, is the same like finding your way in darkness without a torch. The book comprehensively covers all the topics required in the exam, offers various challenging exercises for you practise everything you learn as well as includes different self-tests to verify how well you’ve mastered the material. As regards the guide’s author, we should definitely mention that he was one of those who wrote OCA/OCP Oracle Database 11g All-in-One Exam Guide. The manual sheds light upon the following topics:
Let’s take a look what its readers think of the book:
Oracle Database 11g PL/SQL Programming (Oracle Press) 1st Edition
Design Feature-Rich PL/SQL Applications
Finally, we are glad to present you the last guide within our Oracle manuals marathon. With its assistance, you will be able to discover the most recent tools and features available to simplify and facilitate the development process. Besides profoundly covered topics, you will be provided with numerous syntax examples as well as real-world cases to see how it functions in practice. In fact, the book is saturated with helpful information on how to execute effective queries and build powerful PL/SQL statements. In case, you are not familiar with the implementation of C, C++, and Java procedures, this is not a problem since the guide covers these aspects in a quite simple manner. We can assure you that having read Oracle Database 11g PL/SQL Programming (Oracle Press) 1st Edition, you will be able to optimize performance, effectuate tasks in a more time-efficient way and web-enable your database.
It’s quite unsubtle that there are tons of Oracle manuals out there which can help you get ready for your exam or improve your programming skills in general, however, the aforementioned list of books comprises everything you need to achieve good results. Of course, there might be some other books you give preference to, and it’s totally okay since many men, many minds. Anyway, if you have any question, do not hesitate to contact us. We will be extremely happy to help you.'