Below, we shed light on one important backend improvement related to indexes management. After installing the Mirasvit Improved Asynchronous Reindexing Magento 2 extension, you will forever forget about boring administrative routine since the module will do all the work instead of you automatically. You will no longer have to check indexes statuses manually. So, how does the Magento 2 module works, and what are its core features?
Most of the online merchants use some third-party Magento 2 modules that can participate in saving and indexing products and categories. Due to bugs, conflicts, and version incompatibilities of these Magento 2 extensions, as well as incorrect crontab configuration, issues with Magento 2 indexation occur. When running a website on a default platform, it is necessary to check indexes manually and start reindexing with the help of SSH. By installing the Mirasvit Improved Asynchronous Re-indexing Magento 2 module, you can easily simplify this part of your backend routine.
- View and management of all indexes from a single dashboard;
- Automatic index updates based on the index status;
- Full reindex of the store without SSH access;
- Reindexing by schedule;
- Validation of indexed data for imported products.
The extension eliminates SSH from reindexing – you just need to open the admin panel and launch the process right there. Furthermore, the extension allows creating a schedule to run reindexing.
Note that the Mirasvit Improved Asynchronous Reindexing Magento 2 module checks index statuses automatically. If it finds outdated indexes, reindexing starts without admin participation. At the same time, you can view the reindex history and monitor possible issues.
It is also necessary to mention that Mirasvit Improved Asynchronous Reindexing knows how to validate product indexes and reindex products when they have wrong indexes. This feature is especially useful in case you import data from external sources. Thus, by leveraging the Magento 2 reindex module’s automatic validation functionality, you will avoid some common headaches related to index management.
To check how the Magento 2 extension works, go to System -> Tools -> Index Management. Here, you will see the Index Management grid that consists of the following columns:
- Indexer – the name of each index is listed here;
- Description – the column with the descriptions of indexers;
- Mode – Update by Schedule or Update on Save;
- Status – Reindex Scheduled or Ready;
- Updated – time and date when the indexer was updated;
- Pending Items – the number of pending items;
- Actions – it is possible to schedule reindex or run it from this column for each indexer individually.
As for mass actions, they allow you to schedule full reindex, run full reindex, or reindex pending items in bulk.
Below, there is another grid that illustrates the history of the reindex process and keeps data on the latest reindexing schedules. The reindex history table consists of the following columns:
- Status of the last reindex – processing or completed;
- Indexer – the name of each indexer;
- Action – full reindex (Reindex All) or reindex entity (Partial Reindex);
- Started At – the time when the procedure has been launched;
- Execution Time – the time spent to complete the procedure.
The Mirasvit Improved Asynchronous Reindexing Magento 2 extension is a straightforward tool that fundamentally improves backend performance. By adding several new actions to the grid, it allows automating time-consuming procedures. The Magento 2 reindex module illustrates how the indices run on a single panel, helping store admins to manage the reindexing process successfully. The price of the Magento 2 module is $149, and you can buy it here: