Mirasvit Fraud Detection is a tool designed to prevent chargebacks and frauds or at least significantly increase the level of both risks. The extension uses a fraud risk score for evaluating every order. Due to a score-based algorithm, Fraud Detection estimates order risks from 1 to 100. Consequently, you can easily find out which orders are better to cancel. With the fraud prevention tools offered by Mirasvit, you will stop losing money from canceling credible orders and no longer waste time checking suspicious ones.
- Fraud scores at Orders section for making decisions on your further actions;
- Highly customizable settings for more precise fraud detection;
- Custom rules for fraud risk check;
- Advanced customer profile for more effective manual revision of order risk status;
- In-depth customer insights: URLs of buyer Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts.
The most common reasons for canceling any order are:
- non-existing delivery address;
- different shipping and billing addresses;
- problems with a postcode (if it is non-deliverable);
- distant destination country.
In case of default Magento 2, it is necessary to evaluate all these and other parameters manually, and it is a time-consuming routine. Besides, the human factor always increases risks. Luckily, there is the Fraud Detection extension that automatically checks activities and alerts about potential dangers, minimizing these risks. The module evaluates each order, sets a fraud score, and selects a relevant status (accepted, manual review, or rejected). Then, you or your team members can review each order score and accept or reject it manually.
Since Mirasvit Fraud Detection for Magento 2 is extremely flexible, you can configure it according to your ecommerce needs, adding new settings and changing the way fraud score calculation is implemented. Sounds really interesting, so let’s look at the extension’s backend.
The extension adds a new column to the grid with orders (note that you can hide it if necessary). The column is called Fraud Score, and it displays labels with score and status icon (accepted, manual review, rejected).
Each order view gets a new tab with a fraud score and status.
As for the data displayed in the tab, it is divided into 2 sections. The first one includes links to a customer’s Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn profiles.
Fraud Checklist is the second section. It consists of both default and custom points. In our example, they are:
- High-Risk Countries (determines whether a customer’s country is included in the list of specified countries risky for shipping);
- Proxy Server Check (checks an IP from which an order was placed);
- Robot Order Placement Check (whether an order was placed by a robot or not);
- Invalid Tax/VAT Check (VAT number validation);
- Custom Email Blacklist (check whether an email address contains any of the specified expressions);
- Shipping and billing addresses (checks whether they are identical or not);
- Customer Location (order placed from the same country as specified in billing and shipping addresses or not);
- Order amount (order total average);
- Phone number (whether it matches any risky parameters);
- Customer Email (contains blacklist keywords or not);
- Customer History (stats on the previous orders);
- IP History (number of completed orders);
- Distance (Distance between shipping/billing address and customer location; illustrated on a map).
The fraud risk score is displayed on a separate page:
As for the custom fraud check rules, they are gathered in an appropriate grid that consists of 5 columns: ID, Name, Conditions, Status, and Action.
To add a new rule, you should specify general information (Name; Is Active; Set status to – Accept, Review, Reject) and Conditions.
For instance, you can create a custom rule called High-Risk Countries, activate it, and choose a status to be set to Reject.
In Conditions, for “If ALL of these conditions are TRUE:” choose “Shipping: Country”,
select “is one of”,
and specify countries.
That’s how the Mirasvit Fraud Detection Magento 2 extension looks and works. The interface is intuitive and user-friendly, so your store protection becomes a piece of cake.
Advantages of Mirasvit Fraud Detection
Mirasvit highlights the following advantages of the Fraud Detection Magento 2 extension:
- Stop canceling clear orders (the tool is really helpful here);
- Decrease the number of suspicious transactions (the extension displays all risky orders, so you can easily avoid suspicious transactions);
- Utilize human factor right (since Mirasvit Fraud Detection detects fraud risk score automatically, you can always double-check it manually);
- Settings to comply with your business requirements (the extension can be configured with all nuances of your Magento 2 website in mind);
- Time-saving solution (by automating a broad scope of work with the help of the module, you can save a lot of time);
- Physical map (you can easily view customer destination country to estimate risks);
- Social integration (view Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn social media accounts of your customers);
- No recurring fees (you only need to pay $149 one time for such a useful tool).
Mirasvit Fraud Detection for Magento 2 is a must-have tool for every ecommerce store. The extension helps to decrease fraud risks, as well as provides detailed information about each customer. With the Mirasvit fraud prevention solution for Magento 2, you have options to accept or decline orders manually, making your fraud detection even more precise. The module costs just $149, and you can purchase it here: