Taking into account the exponential, year-on-year growth of eCommerce websites and business transactions, it’s quite obvious that utmost of future B2B and B2C transactions will happen through eCommerce only. Also, a majority of eCommerce transactions is driven by bulk or recurring orders. That said, a recent study on B2B eCommerce transactions stated that customers are reluctant to place a bulk order because they are unaware of the product’s quality. This is where DCKAP’s Advanced Sample Orders extension comes in handy.'
Advanced Sample Orders module allows the customers to order a sample before a bulk purchase so they could get their hands on an example and test its quality, feel and value-for-money proposition.
The sample order is handled very similarly to the respective product. Orders placed for samples is differentiated at the backend, and the administrator is notified about it. The pricing of the sample can be set in two ways – either n% of the product or fixed pricing set by the administrator.
- Below are the features that can be done from the Administrator panel:
- Ordering samples can be restricted to specific products/customer groups.
- Prices can be configured in two ways – fixed pricing or percentage pricing. For example, $5 for all the products listed on the site or n% of individual product’s price.
- Both the samples and standard products can be processed in a single order.
- Order sample option will be available on Product Listing Page as well.
- Sample orders placed can be easily retrieved both from the frontend and backend, and thus data transfer to the ERP, manufacturing, or shipping departments shouldn’t be a problem.
- Sales Analytics can be tracked at various stages such as Ordered, Shipped, Invoiced, Backordered, Returned, Refunded, and Cancelled. This analytics can be used to monitor conversion rates.
Our Module offers complete control over the backend. There are a bunch of configuration options listed below:
Note: To configure the module, login to Magento backend and go to Sales → Configuration→ Advanced Sample Orders
Enabling the extension:
Select Yes to enable the extension of your store and No to disable.
- Select No to allow samples for all the products in the inventory.
- Select Yes to allow/restrict samples of a particular product. That said, you could go to the particular product’s backend page and allow/restrict samples.
Allowing only LoggedIn customers to order a sample:
- Select No to allow all the customers to order samples – both the guest users and logged-in customers.
- Select Yes to restrict guest users from ordering a sample.
There are two ways of configuring price for a sample product – (1) fixed pricing and (2) percentage pricing.
In case of Fixed Pricing, the price for every product in the inventory is fixed which will be set by the administrator. The value in the Amount field is the fixed price (in dollars) for every sample product.
From the figure, the price of the sample product is $10.
Note: Fixed pricing is not applicable for configurable, bundle or grouped products.
In case of Percentage Pricing, the price of the sample product is n% of the respective product’s price tag. The value of n can be defined by the administrator in the Amount field.
From the figure, the price of the sample product is 20% of the product’s original price tag.
This module also allows you to track the sales analytics of the sample product for further use. To put in a nutshell, you could track the number of Samples ordered, invoiced, or returned and use the data to rectify the hindrances, if there should be anything.
You could track conversion using seven parameters as listed below:
Note: The default value is Invoiced. This tracks down the number of samples that were invoiced before n days (as mentioned in the “Days” field).
This module is the most useful one when a customer or a B2B procurement team wishes to get a sample of the product. This hassle-free ordering saves them from a lot of emails back and forth.
This extension also available for