It’s not a secret that Magento 2 has lots of limitations but due to the active community of developers, you can always solve the most common problems of the platform, for instance, display base price per unit for configurable products in Magento 2. It is not possible to show the base price for a product with volumes in Magento until you install a third-party extension. The lacking feature not only eases the calculation for your customers but may be required by law in your country.
In order to solve the problem, we recommend you to use the Base Price extension by Magenerds. The module is ready to run right after the installation providing basic units and conversions. At the same time, it is highly extensible by your own units. Just take a look at the following image:
And this is the conversion mapping grid:
The Magento 2 Base Price extension displays the base price of the product in reference to the product volume essentially simplifying the price calculation procedure. Let’s take describe the practical example of the extension usage. For instance, you sell a 100 ml bottle of water, that costs €2. With the Magento 2 Base Price extension by Magenerds, you can display the price for 1l of water – €20. The product requires the following configuration:
- Set ‘Product amount’ to ‘100’;
- Specify ‘Product unit’ as ‘ml’;
- Set ‘Reference amount’ to ‘1’;
- Set ‘Reference unit’ to ‘l’.
It is also necessary to mention that the price of each unit is updated dynamically so that different values can be set for different child products.
And since the Magento 2 Improved Configurable Product extension by Firebear is fully compatible with Base Price module by Magenerds, we recommend you to use them together in order to leverage the enhanced functionality of configurable products. These are core features of our module:
- Dynamic content update of product page attributes without page reloads: product name, page URL, SKU, description, etc;
- Dynamic content update for category pages;
- Metadata and schema.org are updated dynamically as well;
- Configurable product options matrix grid;
- Configurable product default option + product options pre-select;
- Flexible product price range display;
- Tier and group prices are fully supported;
- Custom shipping logic can be applied.
For any further information, follow these links: