Today, we review a handy backend timesaver aimed at a daily routine related to tier prices. After installing the Extendware Tier / Customer Group Price Percentages Magento extension, you will no longer have to spend time constantly updating tier and group prices when a price of a product changes. The process becomes fully automated, since the module applies a percentage of the normal product price. Below, we describe the functionality of the tool in more details.
In addition to percentages, the extension allows you to utilize fixed prices like you currently use. Furthermore, it is possible to combine both approaches together. Thus, you only have to update the price of a product, while Extendware Tier / Group Price Percentages will do the rest of the work automatically updating tier / group prices according to the predetermined conditions. Before describing the extension’s core features, take a look at the following reviews:
- Group Price as Percentage of Normal Price. This is the core principle behind the extension. In case you work with various groups of customers, then the extension will be you number one timesaver. Constant updates of wholesale and retail prices when you change the primary price / cost is take a lot of time and effort, but the Tier / Customer Group Price Percentages extension makes the process super easy. Set the wholesale price to be 66% of the consumer price and forever forget about manual updates.
- Tier Price as Percentage of Cost is another key principle of the module. It lets you make tier or group prices a percentage of cost. Set the tier price to be 117% of the product that costs $42. When you update the product price to $45 its tier price will be automatically updated to $52.65.
- Tier Price as Percentage of Normal Price. This feature can be leveraged for providing your customers with a discount if they purchase a certain amount of products or more.
- Magento API Support. You can automate the management of your product catalog even more with the help of Magento API, since the Extendware Tier / Customer Group Price Percentages for Magento fully supports the technology.
- Intuitive Backend. The module is unobtrusive and intuitive. You can fine tune it in a matter of seconds as well as deactivate without any damage to the default price management routine. Also note that the Extendware Tier / Customer Group Price Percentages is fully compatible with any third-party modules.
Go to your Catalog and select a product you’d like to configure group and tier prices to.
Open the Price tab which is situated on the left beneath the General tab.
The second option is Group Price. The grid is blank, so click the Add Group Price button.
Select your website, customer group, and price. Note that you should use the XX% form to create a percentage based group price. In case of the XX form, the extension will use the default algorithm.
Next, set tier prices. The grid is also blank, so hit the Add Tier button.
Specify website, customer group, quantity, and price. Once again: you should use the XX% form to create a percentage based tier price. In case of the XX form, the extension will use the default algorithm.
As you can see, Extendware Tier / Customer Group Price Percentages for Magento will help you update tier and customer group prices automatically. Consequently, you will have more time to spend on your business development and various income generating activities. Also note that the extension has a very democratic price tag – Extendware charges only $69 for such a handy tool.