The following blog post will help you retrace the evolution of the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 module. The article gathers updates associated with the extension’s each new version from the very beginning. At the time of 1.0.0, it was a basic import solution with an existing import jobs architecture and import cron automation. With the next few versions, the module got such enhancements as product attribute import on the fly, transfers from FTP, SFTP, URL, and Dropbox, custom mapping, etc. Each new release made the Improved Import stronger and stronger. However, it was still an import-only tool until 1.5.0 was released. With this version, our extension became capable of both import and export processes. You can peruse the detailed evolution of the module and see its latest features below.
3.8.1 (released 7.11.2022)
- Full compatibility with Magento 2.4.5
- Added possibility to assign customer group to customers using the customer group name with “Customers Main” entity. The following fields have been added to the “Customers Main” export and import: _customer_group_code (name of the customer group), _tax_class_name (name of the tax assigned to the customer group), _tax_class_id (ID of the tax assigned to the customer group). The customer group can only be created if the tax class specified already exists at the store.
- Added ability to use auto-increment for order increment_id. Meaning that if you do not have an increment_id – it will be generated and assigned automatically. Useful when importing orders from your CRM or ERP, or integrating with a marketplace.
- Added feature “Update Products that are not in the import list” for product import. Which allows to set products inside your catalog, which are missing from the imported file as: out of stock, quantity=0, out of stock with quantity=0, disabled.
- Added system events for import and export jobs which can be used as hooks during the integration.
- Fixed issue with importing downloadable product links
- Fixed issue when the email notification on the failed job would not trigger
- Fixed issue with importing product with ‘only update’ behavior with ‘Undefined index:sku’ exception
- Fixed issue with importing YouTube/Vimeo videos a for a specific store view, when video data is not displayed for the default store view
- Fixed issue with importing categories with the incorrect type of the “path” column
- Fixed issue with filtering orders by invoice dates when exporting orders
- Fixed issue with updating a category path when importing categories
- Fixed issue with copying relates_skus, crossell_skus and upsell_skus from a simple product to a configurable product when ‘Custom logic for creation of configurable products’ is enabled
- Fixed issue with copying category ids from a simple product to a configurable product when ‘Custom logic for creation of configurable products’ is enabled
- Fixed issue with exporting orders, when an increment_id is specified for each row
- Fixed issue with importing products with custom options
- Fixed issue with updating a category path when importing categories when path has invalid value
- Fixed issue where patches were not being applied
- Fixed issue with URL rewrite generator for the configurable product
- Fixed issue with incorrect category name in an export file after moving the category
- Fixed issue with updating a salable qty when importing products
Improved Import Export Magento 2 Roadmap – vote for the most exciting features and we will implement them first. Leave your suggestions in the comments and we will add them to the poll.