Below, we describe one of the most widely used shop management systems on the market as well as sheds light on its synchronization with Magento 2. Meet the
Shoptech offers two core solutions – E2 Shop System and E2 MFG System. You can pass a test on the platform’s website to find out which one is more suitable for your business case. Let’s say a few words about each one.
The first core difference between E2 Shop System and E2 MFG System is cloud support. While both solutions offer on-premise deployment, the cloud option is available only if you choose Shop System that is designed primarily for job shops and make-to-order manufacturers. As for the MFG system, it is aimed at repetitive and discrete manufacturers.
The E2 Shop System offers the following features:
- Quotes and job orders;
- Job-specific purchases and inventory;
- Flexible job schedules;
- Complete accounting tools;
- Mixed-mode manufacturers support.
In its turn, the E2 MFG System is designed to provide tools necessary for managing discrete orders, sales orders, and stocks. Besides, you get a complete EDI functionality. The flexibility of the platform allows you to handle a product line as well as a multi-level BOM structure. As for the MRP software of the product, it offers the inventory control management capabilities. And don’t forget that you can get a complete ERP system and integrated financials after the Magento 2 E2 MFG System integration. The solution fits mixed-mode manufacturers as well. So if you run the make-to-order or make-to-stock enterprise, feel free to connect your online storefront to the Shoptech software.
Since we are talking about the Magento 2 Shoptech integration, let’s describe the E2 Shop System functionality in more details because it is more suitable for most e-commerce stores. The ERP system covers the following areas:
- Estimate Management. Reduce time expenditures and maximize profits with user-friendly and powerful estimating management software. Generate quotes and send them right to your workstations online to speed up the process and increase its efficiency. Besides, you can quickly recall data for similar jobs simplifying the procedure of estimate creation even more.
- Order Management. Turn estimates and quotes into orders automatically. The Magento 2 E2 Shop System integration allows you to reduce time expenditures necessary for this process. No manual data entry is required! Advanced tracing is also possible. Control each order from the estimate stage to the job folder.
- Extensive Purchasing Functionality. Connect Magento 2 to Shoptech and get the ability to control the way materials are provided. The ERP system allows minimizing the waste, sending automated requests for quotation to vendors, connecting purchasing needs to purchase orders, review production histories for better seasonal inventory management, and tracking vendor delivery and performance.
- Advanced Scheduling. With the E2 Shop System Magento 2 integration, you can create better schedules dramatically increasing the performance of your enterprise. It is no longer a problem to run the job at the right time, on the right machine to get the peak efficiency.
- Data Management. Shoptech offers advanced data management opportunities. The system not only collects all the necessary data, but it also provides you with the corresponding output in real time. Thus, you can quickly count the profitability of every job as well as get immediate insight into your material inventory and other business nuances.
- Quality Control. With this software, you can always discover changes that make the most significant impact on your business. Find out how to improve your offers and achieve new levels of efficiency in multiple areas.
- Shipping. Advanced shipping software lets you not only track every order but also generate packing slips, bills of lading, and shipping labels automatically. Calculate all shipping costs, manage shipments online, and monitor customer statuses in a new way.
- Accounting Software. With the Magento 2 Shoptech E2 integration, you can get 200 hundred financial reports that provide all possible information about the accounting of your business. If they are not enough, the system lets you create multiple custom reports that satisfy your particular needs. Master your cash flows with ease: leverage robust tools designed for a more efficient accounting.
As for the E2 Manufacturing System, you can discover its features from the following video:
Magento 2 Shoptech E2 Connector
As every ERP, E2 works on the provided data. And the best way to synchronize the data flow between the platform and your store is possible with the help of the Magento 2 Shoptech E2 connector. For instance, you can use the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension by Firebear to establish a constant synchronization between the two systems.
Our module provides the ability to create separate import and export profiles configuring all needs of every connection. Every profile can be configured individually. For instance, generate export profiles to provide Shoptech with the product, order, stock, and other types of data. Next, you have to enable the corresponding import schemes. Thus, a bi-directional connection is established. Below, you can see a grid with import jobs (import and export profiles are gathered in separate grids).
To enable the extensive connectivity, the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension offers all possible connection standards including file transfers, Google Sheets synchronizations, and REST API Connections. Let’s take a look at each one separately.
Everything is evident with the first connection type: You generate data files and move them to the external ERP system. That is the default functionality of Magento 2, but the Improved Import & Export extension makes it better in several ways. First of all, it speeds up file generation so that you spend much less time on every data update. Secondly, the module supports not only CSV files but a plethora of other formats. With the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 module, you can move data to/from Magento 2 via XML, TXT, JSON, and native Excel (XLS and XLSX) files. Thirdly, the extension provides multiple file sources. Due to FTP/SFTP support, you can move data files through your local server. Alternatively, a remote destination can be utilized. Besides, the Dropbox support allows using the power of the cloud to move files between the two systems. And there is an opportunity to import data via a direct URL. Note that archived files are unzipped automatically.
If you don’t want to deal with data files, run the synchronization with the help of Google Sheets. Specify the document URL and the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension will easily import all the necessary information to your e-commerce store.
As for more complex synchronizations, the module allows establishing them via REST API. For instance, you can leverage the standard to connect Magento 2 to Shoptech E2. Effortlessly get all the necessary information imported to your website without transferring data files or working with Google Sheets.
Now, when you know about core connection types and data sources, we can proceed to several more aspects of the Improved Import & Export extension. The module allows you entirely automate the Magento 2 Shoptech E2 integration. Due to the extensive cron support, it enables creating custom update schedules. Use the standard cron syntax to specify update intervals that suits your business goals. At the same time, you can select one of the predefined periods and apply custom changes to it.
There is also an opportunity to create import or export profiles that can be launched in a manual mode only. At the same time, the Improved Import & Export extension enables similar functionality for the automated jobs. For example, your import processes are planned for tomorrow, but you need to update the data right now. It is not a problem at all due to an asynchronous mode. Run manual import and get all the necessary information when it is required.
Another significant time-saver of the Improved Import & Export module is its mapping interface. You can match attributes of Magento 2 to attributes of the external platform in the most user-friendly manner with the help of our module. In case of the default instruments or most third-party extensions, it is necessary to edit data files manually on every update. The Improved Import & Export eliminates this issue completely. You create a mapping scheme only once. Next, the extension uses it for all further updates. This functionality works for all supported file formats and connection types. No matter what you choose: our module will help you avoid the painful data editing routine.
Moreover, the Improved Import & Export extension offers mapping presets. It is predefined mapping schemes that match default Magento 2 attributes to external requirements. Created by our specialists, they satisfy all integration needs entirely simplifying the connection even more. Contact our support for further information regarding mapping presets for your particular integration.
You can discover more features of the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 module from the video below. Also, follow the link to its official page since we always post information about the latest updates there.
As for the Magento 2 Shoptech E2 connector, it is available as a part of the Improved Import & Export Magento 2 extension. You can get the integrator out of charge along with multiple other free connectors. Contact the support team and follow the link below for more information: